SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about giving a fix for wrong tenant credential

How about giving a fix for wrong tenant credential

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPMT - NTFS Owner should map to Sharepoint Owner

When migrating from file share to Sharepoint with SPMT the "Modified By" and "Created By" fields are always set to "System Account" and the Owner defaults to the Owner of the Site.

The information of who originally made the file/folder, which is usually the NTFS "Owner", gets lost in transition.

I propose that the NTFS "Owner" should be mappable to an Azure AD user which populates the "Created By" field, optionally the "Modified By" field, as well as the Sharepoint Owner of the corresponding file/folder.

Additionally, when viewing a Sharepoint folder in Windows Explorer via. the OneDrive client, "Modified By"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. JSON SourcePath: Syntax (Forward-slash instead of Back-slash)

When composing a JSON "SourcePath:" entry that targeted a mapped drive, I found that it required a Forward-slash instead of a Back-slash. The instructions show the use of a Back-slash but that failed for me.

This is an example of what worked...

"Tasks": [

{

"SourcePath": "M://BOD",

Published instructions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/how-to-format-your-csv-file-for-data-content-migration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sharepoint Migration Tool Wiki page library

Allow WIki Page LIbrary to be selected from the list of things to migrate from OnPrem to Online.

Currently, even though we can successfully migrate WIki Page LIbraries by selecting "Migrate All Lists, LIbraries, Pages and Webparts", it does not allow you to specifically select WIki page libraries from the drop down to migrate just that libraries instead of migrating everything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SPMT

Any recommendation from Microsoft in terms of the port needs to be open for SPMT in the VM where the too being installed. This is to access/brows our on-premise application from SPMT tool, any specific firewall rule needs to be incorporated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Migrate Workflow Definitions

The SharePoint Migration tool should being over Workflow Definitions from SP2010 and SP2013 workflows. While we understand inflight workflows can not be migrated customer with workflows should see the definitions migrated to SharePoint Online.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upload/sync files from local to SharePoint Online subfolders via Powershell

There should be an possibility in the Powershell module, to upload or sync local files to an defined subfolder in an SharePoint Online site or document library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SPMT tool is not retaining folder permission sharepoint online post migration.

SPMT tool is not retaining folder permission in sharepoint online post migration. A User/users added with FULL permission on local folder when synced to sharepoint online it does not retain the permission. User/Users with Modify permission and R/W permission are getting retained as is in sharepoint online. Please look in to this issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice if I could upload files in a folder that was shared with me by other person, since I have write permission in that folder.

Once I have write permission in a some else folder, I think SPMT could permit do migrate files to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Column mapping

Ability to create custom column mapping. For example, if I've already created the structure of list in destination, I'd like to map source columns to destination with the ability to change data type.
    Main problem encountered - migration of external data. It's not supported at all. SPMT creates columns that are used for external data in source, but it doesn't migrate the content, doesn't make them usable. So instead, custom column mapping could fix this issue - if SPMT doesn't overwrite my custom columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a trusted white list of trusted cross domain url's for iFrame embedding of SharePoint Online content

We have many on prem sites who's content we embed in other on prem sites. Even with embed content from other sources it seems that On Prem SP2013 is more forgiving. I guess this is a security thing. We are breaking many of our pages with embedded SharePoint content as we migrate that embed content to SharePoint Online. Seems a reasonable tenant level setting would be to provide a list of trusted cross domain URL's, In our case it would be the on-prem parent site with the embed), for iframing and adjust x-Frame Options header accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insufficient Guidance

I went through the hybrid process but it didn't work, or only partially worked. My on prem 2016 environment is messed up and I am not sure, and can't find any information, on how to fix it. I need to reverse/undo whatever changes were made but I can't find anything about how to do that when it appears that only some of the changes were implemented. This is frustrating. I fear I may need to start from scratch!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include timebased information like CreationDate,ModifiedDate and LastAccessedDate in the scan reports

Include timebased information like CreationDate,ModifiedDate and LastAccessedDate in the scan reports to gain insights on data in fileshares or SharePoint that might require archiving or disposition opposed to migration. By including this in the reports, these can be used for further processing.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 'Report' Content type does not supported

I'm migrating 2010 on-premises content to SharePoint online version. A document library with having 'Report' content type, is not in the list of source content when migrating. Please add that content type in there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Map the default groups in SharePoint

Map the default groups in SharePoint

Right now you can map AD users/groups manually through a CSV but it doesn't apply to SharePoint groups.

The problem comes with default groups when migrating to a site collection already created at the destination. At the end of the migration, 6 default groups are available: the 3 source groups and the 3 destination groups.

The problem is even greater if we want to keep the permissions since the tool breaks inheritance in all the lists/libraries due to
    The source Visitors group is different from the destination Visitors group
    The source group of Members…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Nano Neural Bio Computer

Changing Healthcare system globally and provide care for everyone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow migration of Library structure but not take content. Popular request from customers

Third party tools such as ShareGate and Metalogix allows the customer to migrate libraries with an option (setting) to leave behind the content. This is very common request from our customers needing to cleanup sites/content before migration but allows the migration of site structure. I have been asked if this is possible many time and I can only recomment using a 3rd party tool. This would be a great addition to our migration tool.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support in SPMT SP 2019 <=> SPO migrations

Would be nice to have the ability to move sites and content between SharePoint 2019 and SharePoint online with SPMT tool in both directions

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

in the plans  ·  2 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SharePoint Migration Tool: Edit settings in "saved migration sessions"

After you run a migration and you saved it, you can only run an incremental migration or delete the session. It would be great to edit the migration settings or maybe also add or remove a task from the review migration.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base