SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid or Migration to Office365

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Convert Wiki Page to PDF document (SharePoint Online)

It would be much helpful for users if we have a solution to convert a wiki page to a PDF document in SharePoint Online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The "Shared With" column displays users who no longer have access to a document in SharePoint Online

Why is this behaviour by design? confusing is an understatement - please sort out (you could create another column called 'previously shared with')

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Easy SharePoint Migration

There are no. of ways are present for easy SharePoint migration. You can easily upgrade and migrate across all versions of SharePoint with the help of top SharePoint consultant http://ngenioussolutions.com/sharepoint/migration-upgrade.html . Before going to migration, we should know about some basic things.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Have SharePoint able to open CSV files in Excel online or desktop Excel.

Have SharePoint able to open CSV files in Excel online or desktop Excel. Download, edit, upload again makes me sad.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Customizable end user disclaimer (on first login and re-ocurring on schedule)

Many companies, especially those regulated, have to get users to accept terms of use/disclaimers prior to using the platform. MS should implement a solution that will force all users to read a customized disclaimer OR Terms Of Use before they can use any part of the O365 platform on first login. Feature should also allow scheduled re-occurrence of disclaimer.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ability to Start Workflow When Using "Create Item In" from Another Workflow

I have two lists (A and B) and both lists have a workflow that starts when a new item is created. In list A, I have a workflow that creates a new item in list B when certain conditions are met. However, the workflow in list B does not automatically start when an item is added from the workflow in list A; you must manually start the workflow in list B instead. There should be an option to automatically start a workflow when an item is created in a list by a workflow.

(I hope this makes sense!)

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• when creating a new file in office 365, offer the option to save to sharepoint

If i select the 9 dots in the top left corner, i can create a brand new Word document or Excel workbook, etc. But when i choose save as, my only option is my OneDrive. Why cant i save this directly to my SharePoint system, i am already logged in and it would be really useful if i could save to SharePoint rather than what i currently have to do which is save to OneDrive, download it locally then upload it to SharePoint.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint Hybrid Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make ODFB work properly

ODFB with sharepoint is completely hopeless and has been for 12 months. it is breaking my business and im very cross about it. Broken promises about when it will be fixed, and insulting videos about how wonderful it is. On an otherwise high quality E3 installation, the performance of this product with sharepoint is truly dire. My entire team is affected by this. Your support team are great but it takes them HOURS TO FIX US, many many times over the last couple of years, plus all the many more times we've fixed it ourselves without your help. You should…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Have the option to choose whether breadcrumbs and quick launch show or not per page

when creating a page, sometimes it's helpful if we can design further than only the central content on the page. sometimes it's more visually appealing without the breadcrumbs and things on the top. Templates under look&feel are not flexible enough to allow me to do what I want.

It would be nice if it was possible to drag and drop contents in the full page as necessary. Something more like wix.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• SharePoint list linked with Access Displays #Error

Calculated fields in SharePoint lists generate an #Error as result when linked to an Microsoft Access database (2010, 2013, 2016 and 365 versions).
                        Please fix this.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• SharePoint on-prem & Office365 Branding

I guess it's curial, that SharePoint 2016 and Office 365 has the same branding possibilities, that the look and feel for end-user could be aligned in a Hybrid scenario right out-of-the-box. Currently, there are different banding possibilities on both platforms and therefore it's hard to get a unified design, without using customizations.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give the option on the format of the SharePoint email alerts.

You recently changed the email alert format from SharePoint. While this new format is easier to read on mobile devices, it also now removes all information which has not been changed, and only shows what has been changed.

This is proving to be confusing for many users, as we now need to open the item each time to get the complete picture. For example, if the assigned to is not changed and only a comment is added, we now only see the comment, without knowing who the item is assigned to or when it was due, etc. This information was…

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Microsoft Flow - Permission/Administration of this feature

Microsoft Flow is a new and interesting idea to easily integrate various, High Level process across multiple platforms. However, as an administrator, I feel there are HUGE concerns with allowing anyone with credentials into my environment to be able to create a Flow and have it post to a Facebook, Twitter, etc. bypassing any company's policy/procedure for posting company information into a public/community forum. Just on this reason alone, Microsoft Flow can be a dangerous tool, especially when people are just "testing it out". I feel there should be some form of administration allowed by SharePoint Online Admins to allow…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Item Picker search filter doesn't work with external content types

Item Picker search filter doesn't work with external content types yet the box is still there, please can you make this work as it would make my life a lot easier :) thank you.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Content Organizer to put docs into Document Sets

Currently Content Organizer directs docs into "folders" only. It doesn't recognize Document Sets as target destination. Since we are encouraged not to use folders, it seems a bit odd that Content Organizer doesn't work with Document Sets. Please make Doc Sets available in folders' place.
                                    And even better would be that the Content Organizer work with any URL within the site, regardless it be a folder, doc set, page or anything. Let it simply move docs into whatever URL is given in the rule setting!

Thanks!

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Hybrid Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Minimal set up for Cloud Search Service Application for on-premise file server.

I want to search files in on-premise file server on Office 365.
                                      I don't need on-premise sharepoint server site.
                                      I want to minimal set up by Cloud Search Service Application for search on-premise file server.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Permission inheritance is broken on the file/folder for external users in SharePoint online

Permission inheritance is broken on the file/folder for external users as soon as someone invite an external user.
                                        But the external user do not yet have permissions to access the file/folder.
                                        The external user is listed in the "Access Request" page, under "External user invitations", until the link in the user's mail is used to access the file/folder.
                                        If an administrator click "WITHDRAW" before the external user access the file/folder, the permission inheritance remains broken.
                                        That's not good ; the permission inheritance shouldn't be broken.
                                        At this time the support's answer is : It's by design.
                                        I indicated a similar…

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Upload SharePoint data easily to third party SaaS-solutions

Customers use more than only SharePoint Online to save their data. They use third party SaaS-solutions.
                                          Think about a solution to make it easier for them to upload files from SahrePoint Online. We've used OneDrive, but the technology is bad. Now we use WebDAV, but it has too many criteria to make it work.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base