SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy a Library doesn't have option "Replace All"

When you copy a library from one site to another, you don't have an option to "Replace All".

This negates the ability to run incremental changes from one site to another.

I have 2 sites, "site A" is for upload and "site B" site is the live/pilot site. This approach is so I can re-arrange the content from an on-site fileshare to Office 365.

I am aware that if I conduct a move instead of a copy the "Replace All" option is available. This isn't useful though, because moving the files means that any on-site changes would require a full…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Migration Manager fails to upload a fileshare folder, only contents of the folder

Migration Manager should operate the same as SPMT.

If you use SPMT to upload a fileshare (eg \server\shares\administration) to a "library A", the result will be a folder called administration in the library.

If you use exactly the same definition in Migration Manager only the contents of administration will be migrated, not the folder itself.

This shortcoming, makes it very difficult to re-arrange the generally archaic fileshare structure into a more intuitive structure in SharePoint.

Microsoft answer is "well use SPMT". This is not a suitable answer because Migration Manager provides a more central view of your migration project, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. how to use stella ost to pst converter software

SDR OST to PST recovery software really helpful tool to repair Outlook OST file as well as also support live exchange server and office 365. This OST email conversion software is more capable to fix any of OST file errors and save OST emails to working MS outlook.
    Read More:- https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/email-migration/ost-to-office-365.php

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow sorting of saved migrations

Saved migration sessions appear to be displayed in a random order, not by name or by date.

Some control of how they are sorted and some searching would be useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include the application version number in the user interface.

The only place I have found the SPMT version number is in Add/Remove Programs. It would be useful to have this appear on one of the migration screens, possibly with a link to the release notes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. export sharepoint site

Is it possible to export a sharepoint site and import it into another environment in a simple way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support for Sharepoint 2019 migration

Support for Sharepoint 2019 on premise would be nice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 Email signature generator

Sigsync Office 365 Email Signature software allows you to have full control over your organization’s email signatures such that you can efficiently raise your company brand and stay compliant with company-wide email signatures always.

This secure web-based email signature service lets you to create email signature centrally and manage all users in your organization sending email across any device.
    With Sigsync Office 365 Email signature software you can
    • Design signature for all employees a brand, professional email signature for the every email send from any device.
    • Centrally manage all users’ signatures through web-based, centralized dashboard without any desktop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Migration Manager agent work folder location

I would like to be able to change the work folder location, to another drive than C.
    I want to use existing servers as agents, and no one has 150G free on C drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grant migration account permissions to destination site, then remove after data transfer

When using the SPMT, specifically to migrate personal site data, it would be nice if the SPMT had an option to set the permissions on each destination OneDrive site collection, allowing the data to transfer, then remove the account after the migration completes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Migrate a document library or list from one Sharepoint Online, to another Sharepoint Online site

Migrate a document library or list from one Sharepoint Online, to another Sharepoint Online site

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deleting the files from sharepoint site during incremental migration

We are migrating the files form local machine to sharepoint site using sharepoint migration tool and running the incremental migrations after completing the migration. Now we want our local machine and sharepoint site are in sync and if i delete/move file on my local machine same should be reflected in sharepoint site after running the incremental migration. Currently its not possible. is there anyway to fix it?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please increase the File Size on SPMT from 15Gb to at least 150Gb

We are experiencing issues when running migration using SPMT. Its maximum file size is 15Gb. Anything beyond cannot be migrated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Folders to Libraries Migration

Often you are trying to replicate the fileshare structure on the SharePoint site which means multiple folders migrating to multiple libraries. It is tedious to go and add 'Source' for each folder. It would be easier to provide a grid view side by side (common in FTP file transfer tool) where you can map folder to document libraries to migrate the data. I did a migration for 25 folders from fileshare and I had 25 different libraries and it was unnecessarily tedious. I know I can create a csv/json for this type of migration but it would be easier to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve responsiveness of file share to sharepoint migration

I have been migrating a few 10's of Gbytes from on-premise file shares to cloud and find that the migration is so efficient, it saturates my network connection, causing problems for my users.

When I paused the task after 60 minutes to allow users to do their work, although the file system scanner paused, the package upload didn't, so the tool continued saturating my bandwidth for an additional 75 minutes.

It would be helpful if the migration tool had some throttling settings to avoid this situation, and if the pause could also affect the package uploader.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. update

Automation Migration
    I import SPMT module and use powershell script to migrate files daily. And auto-check cmdlet update sometimes disturb the scheduler, because it needs interaction. Is there anyway to disable cmdlet update check? Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Free EDB Recovery

Download this straight-forward third party application derived by SysInspire named EDB to PST free where the user can also try out the free demo version of the software before purchasing the software. In a demo, version user can make limited free EDB recovery like the user can recover only 25 mailbox items from each folder of an EDB file. You can download the free demo version of the software from the given link.

To Know More:- https://www.sysinspire.com/edb-to-pst-converter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert OST file to PST

For OST clients’ eSoftTools provided the best services for Convert OST file to PST file it can recovers all OST mails use the best features of eSoftTools support to convert OST, Outlook PST conversion of files OST file to PST emails, attachments, calendar, contacts, task, and other many items, spilt OST file and convert into PST file it supports Outlook 2003, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2007, 2019.

For More Info:-https://www.esofttools.com/convert-ost-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base