SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload/sync files from local to SharePoint Online subfolders via Powershell

There should be an possibility in the Powershell module, to upload or sync local files to an defined subfolder in an SharePoint Online site or document library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be an option to reduce the URL from Https://contoso.sharepoint.com/layout... to share.point/contoso

There should be an option to reduce the URL from Https://contoso.sharepoint.com/layout... to share.point/contoso
    The otherone is useless and since there are not public ip addresses for SP each site to link a domain i see this as an alternative.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about giving a fix for wrong tenant credential

How about giving a fix for wrong tenant credential

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Insufficient Guidance

I went through the hybrid process but it didn't work, or only partially worked. My on prem 2016 environment is messed up and I am not sure, and can't find any information, on how to fix it. I need to reverse/undo whatever changes were made but I can't find anything about how to do that when it appears that only some of the changes were implemented. This is frustrating. I fear I may need to start from scratch!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Nano Neural Bio Computer

Changing Healthcare system globally and provide care for everyone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about making this Global Admin for office uh.. obvious.

Hey, can you dumb down this Global Admin Credentials for Office 365. I'd like to think I'm pretty switched on, so when I can't work out your lingo for who the Global Admin is.. and I don't have that many names and tried them all... Well, you're doing something wrong then.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share Point (2019) On-Premise & Share Point Office 365 - Synchronization

Being able to host an on-premise Share Point Server (2019), that synchronizes real time bidirectionally with Office 365 Share Point. (To Improve Performance / Business continuity)

Also, it would need to have the options of cloning the sites and other pages from Share Point Office 365 to the on-premise Share Point Server (2019). With offering as much full functionality as possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why is it making an app pool with the installing user? It should be a service account

Prompt for a user and password of the user who will run the service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enabled Document Preview for on-prem files in Modern Search Center

We set up Hybrid Search (CloudSSA) so that we can point users to our Modern Search Center (sharepoint online) while we run in hybrid for next few years. But document preview does not work for on-prem files. Per Microsoft engineer, this is being worked on.

Reason : Modern Search uses different preview or microblog service which does not have the ability. Classic search from Enterprise search center has the preview ability

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SharePoint Online service administrators should also be allowed to run the SharePoint Hybrid picker, not just the O365 global admin

In large IT organizations, especially organizations that already use Office 365 applications, often the O365 global admin is a different team or admin than the SharePoint Online team or admin. The SharePoint Online admin team who would have the SharePoint Online service administrator role, but not necessary the entire O365 tenant global admin role, should be able to run the SharePoint Online Hybrid picker as well as the O365 global admin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support SAML auth on SharePoint 2019 modern OneDrive Sync client

Our goal is to enable Extranet connectivity for SharePoint 2019 with support for the OneDrive Synchronization client (also known as the Next Generation Synch Client - NGSC).

During our investigation we found that, while the NGSC worked successfully with NTLM authentication worked, it did not work with SAML claims authentication.

SharePoint 2019 supports the use of SAML 1.1 but the NGSC does not. The product group is investigating the possibility of adding that feature but currently there is no ETA.
    During our call with MS Support we verified that the NGSC does not even pass cookies;
    However when we are…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer option for top navigation links to open in new tab by default

Offer option for top navigation links to open in new tab by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hybrid Taxonomy PowerShell modern authentication support

The PowerShell cmdlets for copying Taxonomy Groups and Content Types (Copy-SPTaxonomyGroups, Copy-SPContentTypes) only support passing credentials in a legacy method, this blocks copying these items to SPO if you have conditional access (or have disabled legacy auth) enforced for your tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support DLP functionality with a Cloud Search Service Application

Currently, a Cloud Search Service Application does not support DLP functionality with default sensitive types even with an on-premises eDiscovery Center and Compliance Policy Center. Please support default sensitive type queries and DLP functionality for on-premises sites associated with a cloud SSA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Popularity trends report in hybrid search service application sharePoint 2013

We would like to know that how to get Popularity trends report in hybrid search service application 20103, it was working fine with On-premises SSA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hybrid Picker needs to be able to remove a configured service

Hybrid Picker needs to be able to remove a configured service

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SPS2013: Sites link in top Nav

Hybrid scenario with My Sites in the cloud.
    Waffle menu on Prem has the "Sites" link that points to https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllSites&Source=SP

This link is the same as the "OneDrive" link
    https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllDocuments&Source=SP

Suggested change:

Have https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllSites&Source=SP redirect to /layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx instead of the OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow admins to see all hybrid search properties

Currently, custom properties from an on-prem farm, like site columns in a site, are only visible to the search service account in O365. Global admins, SharePoint admins, cannot see these properties and cannot access them until they are added to managed properties.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I access site collection which is deleted , the message displayed is not appropriate

When I access site collection which is deleted from SharePoing admin center ,the message of [You need a pemission to access the site] displayed . Because the site has been deleted , I think the message is not appropriate .I hope that [404 FILE NOT FOUND] can be showed .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More insight into hybrid search configuration

Monitoring and troubleshooting hybrid search is difficult and near impossible. Can we get more visibility into the hybrid connection and try to answer some of these questions?
    1) How many items are in my O365 index, internal vs external? Did you know there's a 1M items from an external search limit per 1TB of SPO storage? Am I close? How much do I have now?
    2) Why aren't my items showing up in the cloud search? Is this farm connected? When was the last successful push? What else might I need to know to fix this?
    3) Can I remove…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories