SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Popularity Trend Reports support for SharePoint Hybrid / SPO

As described here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ronalg/2016/11/21/hybrid-search-and-search-popularity-trend-reports/ Popularity Trend Reports are not available in hybrid scenarios as "the view events are not passed on to the search farm that is in the cloud". Include this functionality or provide an alternative in a future release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Tasks from Sharepoint list to Outlook Tasks

I have a few task lists in Sharepoint Online and I need to use the "Connect with Outlook" feature so that the tasks are synchronized with Outlook Tasks. When Office 2016 installed on your PC works correctly, this problem occurs when working with Office 365 in the cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Crawled properties from on-premises farms

Crawled properties from on-premises farms should be added to O365 in Hybrid search (cloud index) scenario.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pwerpivot Sharepoint 2016 missing functionalities

Unlike SharePoint 2010, there is no way to check the "next refresh time" of a powerpivot workbook and it is no longer possible to schedule independent refreshes for each of the data connections in a workbook. That is very disappointing for a new product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirror the availability status of the user.

As is, the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirrors the availability status of the user with a mark, but does not connect with Skype for Business or Exchange Online.
    I would like for you to change this, so that SharePoint Online contents also gets interlinked with the availability status of Skype for Business and / or Exchange Online.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Regarding file downloading

I wish a specific user not to download file. My users recognize that if we set the right only to read file, we are able to download the text file, PDF, and pictures although I find the file not downloadable. Nevertheless, the folder itself can be downloaded even if I have Office files within the folder. That makes my users mistake all the files within the folder for downloadable ones despite the fact that the Office files fail and that we can't view the file. I request that in case I set the right only to read, I am unable…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Modern list needs to support active links in column descriptions.

Modern list needs to support active links in column descriptions. Otherwise please continue to offer the classic list experience as an option in SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. .

Modern list needs to provide column sums when using content types. Otherwise, please continue to offer the classic list as an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Created By Column on the Site Contents page

The new Contents tab on the new Site Contents page has a Modified column, but not a Modified By column. It would be great to be able to see who has last modified the contents.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/The-SharePoint-Site-Contents-page-ba495c1e-00f4-475d-97c7-b518d546566b

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be wonderful if we could edit a security group at the document level to remove a user from access to that single document.

I haven't found a way to remove a user from a security group at the document level without removing them from the group all together. We should be able to remove a user from a security group at the lowest level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Possibility to successfully add the new Site Page content type to a custom Wiki or Document library and improve functionality.

I love the layout of the new Site Page content type, with end-user friendly editing options, super easy and intuitive document and video embedding options and easier than ever picture inserting. It is perfect solution for when end-users (even not power users) have to author wiki pages in a SharePoint site. When inserting a picture, you do not need to choose in which library it will be uploaded and you don't have to fill any meta-data. The same with attaching documents. Even more - Office documents get automatically embedded in the page. Now you can have some text and embedded…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow default "edit' application either online or client

It would be nice if we could somehow set the default edit mode either online or in the client, so that a document opens for "editing" either online or in the client.

e.g. if online is selected for "editing" by the admin, when a user clicks [Edit], the document opens online, and if In Client is selected for "editing", the document opens in the client for editing by default.

Currently you can select the default behaviour of opening a document for "reading" i.e. Browser or In the Client, but not for 'editing'.

I believe this function would be very beneficial…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. to fix that huge pile of crap you call shitpoint

The amount of bugs is insane! Do you even test that code you write. Firstgraders, probably have less bugs than you. Add autosave to site editing, history for edited content, so i dont lose content every time i save page and "Something went wrong happens". Did you ever try to write bullets in wiki? Every time i try to write new bullet cursor returns to previous or next. Honestly, students on their projects, made a better wiki with support for wiki tags and not just three. It's not that hard.
    Sharepoint 2013

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow SharePoint calendars to be added to Outlook online.

We currently have a number of SharePoint 2010 hosted, shared calendars that users add to their client outlook with the "Connect to Outlook" button in SharePoint. This feature when used in SharePoint 365 only adds to the client version of Outlook. Can it be changed to add a link to the online outlook as it seems impossible to add SharePoint calendars from Outlook online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. quick edit

Editing List/List items through datasheet/quick edit view : If column is appearing through content type(as a Site column) and marked as mandatory, do not prompt any error message or validation error, if it's not filled up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make the calendar overlay easily customizable...ie see description

Please make the calendar overlay more customizable. At this time, if I overlay multiple calendars and see that I don't like the order in which the events appear on the main calendar, I have to delete all the existing overlaid calendars and start over completely. For any group like the ones I work with where there might be 4 calendars and 2 items on each calendar for any given day, deleting and starting over is not an option, so I have to go in and make sure that everyone knows "Please be sure to look at all items in a…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. when creating a new file in office 365, offer the option to save to sharepoint

If i select the 9 dots in the top left corner, i can create a brand new Word document or Excel workbook, etc. But when i choose save as, my only option is my OneDrive. Why cant i save this directly to my SharePoint system, i am already logged in and it would be really useful if i could save to SharePoint rather than what i currently have to do which is save to OneDrive, download it locally then upload it to SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Online forums in sharepoint

Hi team,
    I am a network support engineer, I would like to suggest or add new online forums Q&A,within the team or company, which could make us to find out solutions by previous work done by other people

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A text with some line breaks of document sets is displayed as single line at welcome page

Even if user type texts with some line break into "Multiple lines of text" column in the document set,
    the text is displayed as one line without line break at welcome page
    Our customer would like us to change the design so that line break info is kept even in welcome page.

• Repro Step

• Go to document library and click [LIBRARY] tab in the ribbon UI and [Library Settings]

• Click [Advanced settings] and enable [Allow management of content types?]

• Click [Add from existing site content types]

• In list box of [Select site content types from:], choose [All Groups] and select…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base