SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add estimated time remaining to Migration Tool

For the most part the migration tool is good and easy to use, however, if possible it would be great to have the estimated time remaining displayed on the app just to give an idea of how long it will take

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offline Mode for SharePoint Migration Tool

Offline Mode for SharePoint Migration Tool - The SharePoint Migration Tool requires the end user to enter in credentials to an O365 instance. In my scenario, we are currently blocked from accessing login gateways related to O365, but are currently working towards migrating to O365 as a solution. It would be nice to get the insights that the SharePoint Migration Tool provides in its reports without a set of O365 credentials. I.E. if credentials to O365 are not provided, place the Migration Tool into a REPORT ONLY state.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Sharepoint to Open HTML pages in Browser

Our team has been using Sharepoint for years. Recently, we decided to move to 365 Platform as it has better user interface:

Having said that we were disappointed to see that Sharepoint 365 does not show html pages, instead it opens up the html in a text editor.

And if we wish to share the link as a read only, then the link will download a html file (on each time when the link is clicked). Really annoying !!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online Migrations in the SharePoint Migration Tool

A very useful addition to the SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft would be support for SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online migrations. There are many scenarios where this is commonly needed for some customers who must restructure or realign and be able to migrate from one area of SharePoint Online to another. Just in general as well this would be a handy option to have.

Could this please be considered as a future improvement to the SharePoint Migration Tool including support with bulk migrations for SharePoint Online as a source. Thanks.

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for bringing this suggestion to our attention. While the SharePoint migration investments have been focused on helping the on-prem customer transition to OneDrive and SharePoint in Office 365 using the SharePoint migration tool, we acknowledge that there are additional scenarios like the ones explained in this suggestion that are not covered yet. We are currently considering various options to solve those scenarios, but we cannot commit to anything at this point. Please continue bringing great suggestions to our attention like this one.

5. Allow admins to see all hybrid search properties

Currently, custom properties from an on-prem farm, like site columns in a site, are only visible to the search service account in O365. Global admins, SharePoint admins, cannot see these properties and cannot access them until they are added to managed properties.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I access site collection which is deleted , the message displayed is not appropriate

When I access site collection which is deleted from SharePoing admin center ,the message of [You need a pemission to access the site] displayed . Because the site has been deleted , I think the message is not appropriate .I hope that [404 FILE NOT FOUND] can be showed .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More insight into hybrid search configuration

Monitoring and troubleshooting hybrid search is difficult and near impossible. Can we get more visibility into the hybrid connection and try to answer some of these questions?
    1) How many items are in my O365 index, internal vs external? Did you know there's a 1M items from an external search limit per 1TB of SPO storage? Am I close? How much do I have now?
    2) Why aren't my items showing up in the cloud search? Is this farm connected? When was the last successful push? What else might I need to know to fix this?
    3) Can I remove…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding Balsamiq Mockups MIME type (BMPR) MIME type in SPO

Adding Balsamiq Mockups MIME type (BMPR) MIME type in SharePoint online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Hybrid Search on premise with a SAML authentication mode

Allow ADFS users to search on premise on their Online AND Onpremise content. ADFS is the only way to provide SSO between Online and OnPremise environment but cannot be used because of the ACL mapping in the Cloud SSA when returning results OnPremise.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide support for content enrichment in cloud hybrid search

Can we please get support for on-prem content enrichment as part of the Cloud Hybrid Search service?
    Otherwise we're stuck with Federated search, which is far from optimal in terms of user experience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Popularity Trend Reports support for SharePoint Hybrid / SPO

As described here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ronalg/2016/11/21/hybrid-search-and-search-popularity-trend-reports/ Popularity Trend Reports are not available in hybrid scenarios as "the view events are not passed on to the search farm that is in the cloud". Include this functionality or provide an alternative in a future release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export Tasks from Sharepoint list to Outlook Tasks

I have a few task lists in Sharepoint Online and I need to use the "Connect with Outlook" feature so that the tasks are synchronized with Outlook Tasks. When Office 2016 installed on your PC works correctly, this problem occurs when working with Office 365 in the cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crawled properties from on-premises farms

Crawled properties from on-premises farms should be added to O365 in Hybrid search (cloud index) scenario.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pwerpivot Sharepoint 2016 missing functionalities

Unlike SharePoint 2010, there is no way to check the "next refresh time" of a powerpivot workbook and it is no longer possible to schedule independent refreshes for each of the data connections in a workbook. That is very disappointing for a new product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirror the availability status of the user.

As is, the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirrors the availability status of the user with a mark, but does not connect with Skype for Business or Exchange Online.
    I would like for you to change this, so that SharePoint Online contents also gets interlinked with the availability status of Skype for Business and / or Exchange Online.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding file downloading

I wish a specific user not to download file. My users recognize that if we set the right only to read file, we are able to download the text file, PDF, and pictures although I find the file not downloadable. Nevertheless, the folder itself can be downloaded even if I have Office files within the folder. That makes my users mistake all the files within the folder for downloadable ones despite the fact that the Office files fail and that we can't view the file. I request that in case I set the right only to read, I am unable…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Modern list needs to support active links in column descriptions.

Modern list needs to support active links in column descriptions. Otherwise please continue to offer the classic list experience as an option in SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. .

Modern list needs to provide column sums when using content types. Otherwise, please continue to offer the classic list as an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Created By Column on the Site Contents page

The new Contents tab on the new Site Contents page has a Modified column, but not a Modified By column. It would be great to be able to see who has last modified the contents.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/The-SharePoint-Site-Contents-page-ba495c1e-00f4-475d-97c7-b518d546566b

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base