SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hybrid Office Web Apps

We currently have to maintain on-prem OWA server(s) to handle on-prem document previews (even in new Hybrid search), and of course in-browser document editing/viewing. This experience will undoubtedly become fragmented from Office Online as MS adds features to the cloud platform.

I would really like to leverage the Office 365 Online apps to preview/view/edit documents hosted on-prem. This is really the last piece of the hybrid puzzle for us.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delve Integration

I would like the Delve UX in my SharePoint onprem environment and also have my onprem events from SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and custom sources added to my company's Office graph. The solution may be Hybrid, but integration should be easy to setup and configure.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Hybrid Search on premise with a SAML authentication mode

Allow ADFS users to search on premise on their Online AND Onpremise content. ADFS is the only way to provide SSO between Online and OnPremise environment but cannot be used because of the ACL mapping in the Cloud SSA when returning results OnPremise.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add custom mime-type

add custom mime-type (such as .svg file) to IIS so that it can open directly in browser other than download it

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. App Launcher on prem

Bring the App launcher ribbon form O365 to on Prem and allow use to administer what icons/links appear form central admin.

This would allow the use of SharePoint as a landing page company wide with links to all corporate applications on SharePoint and external.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable MFA for SharePoint Hybrid Config Wizard

Currently the Hybrid Config Wizard is unable to accept accounts which are protected by Azure MFA, including app passwords.

Please allow the use of MFA in the Hybrid Config Wizard so we can protect all elevated access accounts in O365.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook Integration of Tasks

The default emails that are sent for an approval workflow are broken. The idea is that users can click on the "Open this Task" button directly within Outlook. But this button is broken (since 2010?)
    Beside that there is no such button when using Outlook Web Access.

Therefore there is no way direktly hup into the according task to edit this approval workflow.

This issue should be fixed and the email itself should contain a link to approve or reject this wf directly.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow admins to see all hybrid search properties

Currently, custom properties from an on-prem farm, like site columns in a site, are only visible to the search service account in O365. Global admins, SharePoint admins, cannot see these properties and cannot access them until they are added to managed properties.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide support for content enrichment in cloud hybrid search

Can we please get support for on-prem content enrichment as part of the Cloud Hybrid Search service?
    Otherwise we're stuck with Federated search, which is far from optimal in terms of user experience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring document connector back to Office 2016 for Mac

I am trying to get my company to use SharePoint instead of DropBox and Google drive. I am able to map a drive letter to a SharePoint Document folder on a Windows computer. I can't do this on our Macs. We have many Macs running Office 2016. The Document Connector that was in the previous version of office has been removed. Can you please bring this program back, or give me a way to connect to the document folder on SharePoint.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create new and updated protocol documentation

Having solid documentation allows for detailed understand and self troubleshooting.

The protocol documents that were done for SharePoint 2010 should be repeated for SharePoint 2016.

SharePoint Products and Technologies Protocols - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj633112.aspx

SharePoint Back-End Technical Specifications - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj633109.aspx

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirror the availability status of the user.

As is, the profile picture displayed in SharePoint Online contents to mirrors the availability status of the user with a mark, but does not connect with Skype for Business or Exchange Online.
    I would like for you to change this, so that SharePoint Online contents also gets interlinked with the availability status of Skype for Business and / or Exchange Online.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide Hybrid capabilities for User Profile and MMS

While Search with hybrid SSA is getting to a prett neat hybrid story, for UPS and MMS there has been (besides maybe the PnP Metadata synch workaround) no attempts to provide a proper hybrid story. Please work on that if you really want to have a well understood and implemented hybrid story as a differentiating factor compared to other providers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More insight into hybrid search configuration

Monitoring and troubleshooting hybrid search is difficult and near impossible. Can we get more visibility into the hybrid connection and try to answer some of these questions?
    1) How many items are in my O365 index, internal vs external? Did you know there's a 1M items from an external search limit per 1TB of SPO storage? Am I close? How much do I have now?
    2) Why aren't my items showing up in the cloud search? Is this farm connected? When was the last successful push? What else might I need to know to fix this?
    3) Can I remove…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. UX change in Suite Bar for SharePoint 2016

I noticed that the Suite Bar in Office 365 and in SP2016 doesn't display the user in the top right the same way. SP2016 displays the name where Office 365 shows the picture.
    Would be better to do the same as Office 365 in SP2016 no? Better UX when in Hybrid.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yammer on-prem

I hear that MS is committed to moving o365 functionality to the on-prem version yet nothing is ever mentioned about social. We've had to implement a 3rd party social platform because a decent one is not provided out of the box.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share Point (2019) On-Premise & Share Point Office 365 - Synchronization

Being able to host an on-premise Share Point Server (2019), that synchronizes real time bidirectionally with Office 365 Share Point. (To Improve Performance / Business continuity)

Also, it would need to have the options of cloning the sites and other pages from Share Point Office 365 to the on-premise Share Point Server (2019). With offering as much full functionality as possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support SAML auth on SharePoint 2019 modern OneDrive Sync client

Our goal is to enable Extranet connectivity for SharePoint 2019 with support for the OneDrive Synchronization client (also known as the Next Generation Synch Client - NGSC).

During our investigation we found that, while the NGSC worked successfully with NTLM authentication worked, it did not work with SAML claims authentication.

SharePoint 2019 supports the use of SAML 1.1 but the NGSC does not. The product group is investigating the possibility of adding that feature but currently there is no ETA.
    During our call with MS Support we verified that the NGSC does not even pass cookies;
    However when we are…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block users to work with client application on documents on cloud - i.e. allow only editing in excel online!

We will be happy to send the following important\urgent feedback to Microsoft:

It's important to allow users to access documents online only!
    If other users can edit in excel (client application) so we have conflicts and any other error messages will pop-up while someone else is trying to work offline (with client application).

In other words, block users to work with client application on documents on cloud.

We cannot leave google cloud services yet!

Thanks,
    Avichai

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. better hybrid experiance

Search integration should be seamless between O365 and local installation. A method for combining navigation would also be a plus. With search integration I'd like to see a better hybrid discovery story similar to what we get with exchange. Even better if I can add a 2016 server and great a hybrid endpoint without uplifting 2010/2013 farms even a bigger plus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Feedback and Knowledge Base