SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UX change in Suite Bar for SharePoint 2016

I noticed that the Suite Bar in Office 365 and in SP2016 doesn't display the user in the top right the same way. SP2016 displays the name where Office 365 shows the picture.
    Would be better to do the same as Office 365 in SP2016 no? Better UX when in Hybrid.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yammer on-prem

I hear that MS is committed to moving o365 functionality to the on-prem version yet nothing is ever mentioned about social. We've had to implement a 3rd party social platform because a decent one is not provided out of the box.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When doing an Incremental Migration do not overwrite list/library settings

I noticed that when doing an incremental migration with the SPMT tool that the tool will bring over the setting from the source and overwrite the Destination. Example after migration I enable versioning in SPO but versioning if off in SP2013. When I do a incremental migration versioning will be disabled on the SPO library. It might be useful for people to pick if they want to migrate all setting or leave the destination setting like versioning.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share Point (2019) On-Premise & Share Point Office 365 - Synchronization

Being able to host an on-premise Share Point Server (2019), that synchronizes real time bidirectionally with Office 365 Share Point. (To Improve Performance / Business continuity)

Also, it would need to have the options of cloning the sites and other pages from Share Point Office 365 to the on-premise Share Point Server (2019). With offering as much full functionality as possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support in SPMT SP 2019 <=> SPO migrations

Would be nice to have the ability to move sites and content between SharePoint 2019 and SharePoint online with SPMT tool in both directions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow move/copy from O365 Group to any O365 Sharepoint Library

Currently you can create an Office 365 Group for a project and it comes with a "Files" section to share files. Well, the group's project is done and you want to move or copy those files to a more public repository on Office 365 Sharepoint. However, there is no may to multi-select files/folders and move/copy from the Groups to Sharepoint. This is a huge need as it exposes the file to the whole company for discovery whereas Groups are usually a limited audience. If you are a Mac user, you don't have the Windows Explorer option either. This should be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block users to work with client application on documents on cloud - i.e. allow only editing in excel online!

We will be happy to send the following important\urgent feedback to Microsoft:

It's important to allow users to access documents online only!
    If other users can edit in excel (client application) so we have conflicts and any other error messages will pop-up while someone else is trying to work offline (with client application).

In other words, block users to work with client application on documents on cloud.

We cannot leave google cloud services yet!

Thanks,
    Avichai

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. better hybrid experiance

Search integration should be seamless between O365 and local installation. A method for combining navigation would also be a plus. With search integration I'd like to see a better hybrid discovery story similar to what we get with exchange. Even better if I can add a 2016 server and great a hybrid endpoint without uplifting 2010/2013 farms even a bigger plus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Regarding file migration from on-premise file server to SharePoint Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    オンプレミスのファイルサーバーから、SharePoint Online へ移行について
    Regarding file migration from on-premise file server to SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    オンプレミスのファイルサーバーから、SharePoint Online へ ファイルをドラッグ アンド ドロップ、もしくは、サイト上のアップロードボタンで移行した際に、ファイルに破損などなく移行できたか確認できる機能の追加を希望します。
    When I migrate files by uploading or drag and drop from on-premise file server onto SharePoint Online, I want to check if the file has been moved successfully without any damages, so please implement such a feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase the file upload limit

Currently uploading files to onedrive is limited to 15GB.
    With an increasing file size, especially with 4k content, the 15GB limit causes some inconveniences
    Please
    Increase limit of the uploaded file to 50GB or the highest possible level

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Popularity Trend Reports support for SharePoint Hybrid / SPO

As described here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ronalg/2016/11/21/hybrid-search-and-search-popularity-trend-reports/ Popularity Trend Reports are not available in hybrid scenarios as "the view events are not passed on to the search farm that is in the cloud". Include this functionality or provide an alternative in a future release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Crawled properties from on-premises farms

Crawled properties from on-premises farms should be added to O365 in Hybrid search (cloud index) scenario.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Regarding file downloading

I wish a specific user not to download file. My users recognize that if we set the right only to read file, we are able to download the text file, PDF, and pictures although I find the file not downloadable. Nevertheless, the folder itself can be downloaded even if I have Office files within the folder. That makes my users mistake all the files within the folder for downloadable ones despite the fact that the Office files fail and that we can't view the file. I request that in case I set the right only to read, I am unable…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide capability to leverage one content type hub and managed metadata term store in hybrid scenario (or at least sync)

Being able to source taxonomies from SharePoint online and utilize them in a hybrid SharePoint 2016 on-premises situation would aid in consistency across content types, site columns, search (managed properties), etc.

If it is impossible to consume a SharePoint Online content type hub on-premises, at least provide the possibility of syncing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reduce the number (hundreds) of times that a login and password need to be entered

Why do I spend more time entering my email address and password than accessing the many different files and actually doing some work!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sync SP Shared calendar with ms365 / OWA

Our law enforcement agency consists of over 1400 users. Probably 90% of those users use OWA .. no licenses for the client. We also have many units that use SP and have a shared calendar on the SP site. Supervisors would like to be able to see this shared calendar in OWA. At this time the calendar can only be shared in the outlook client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Limit scope of what the tool does when only migrating lists

Currently the SPMT tool does a lot more than it should when migrating only lists or libraries. For example - it changes the site title, activates features (web & site scoped) that are completely unrelated to list data that's being migrated.

It's rather frustrating when having spent considerable time setting up a site where features need to be deactivated and other settings reverted. The incremental process does the same too. The tool also resets and removes views, as well as surprisingly deletion of indexes that were put in place to assist with filtering in views.

Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SharePoint Migration Tool should support migrating to O365 Team Sites

Currently it gives an "Access denied" error, but it doesn't really make any sense why O365 Team Sites would not be supported as a destination. There are many scenarios where this is commonly needed for some customers who have Sharepoint sites setup as O365 Team Sites and not as an SPO Site Collection. Just in general as well this would be a handy option to have.

Please consider this as a future improvement to the SPMT. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow a user using the SPMT tool to select what site template to use when creating a new site.

Currently when SPMT creates a new site it only does a Modern site no groups. It would be beneficial to have the tool give an option of what site you would like to create. Example sometimes I might want a communication site. In order to do this today I have to first create the site in SPO then use the SPMT tool to set that as my destination. It might be good to have a few choices to pick from or let the user build a site template mapping file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SPMT should have a silent, scriptable installation process

The SharePoint Migration Tool should have a well documented, silent and scriptable installation process. The GUI portions of this product have interest to me, and yet, I'm stuck with 3 or four clicks to get it installed just so I can automate data migrations.

Maybe a Nuget Package? Chocolatey?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base