SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having calendar invites to Site Mailbox show up on site calendar

Sending calendar invite or meeting request from Outlook (exchange) calendar to Site mailbox will not add the event to calendar created in SharePoint online as the SharePoint calendar is not associated with site mailbox in anyway.

Also exchange calendar cannot be overlayed with SharePoint calendar as this feature is not available in SharePoint Online.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unified Groups File location path on SharePoint

Problem: Unified Groups or Office 365 Groups create a hidden site collection on SharePoint used for file storage. The Site is Accessible to users through One Drive interface. The site is created under the managed path /sites/. It create confusion for users and administration and limit the choices in the namespace.

Solution:
    The sites for unified groups should be created under a new manage path /Groups/ and administration rights should be given SPO admins by default.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sync option to send files to Office 365/SharePoint Online

A sync option that is able to send files to Office 365/SharePoint Online and keep the data in sync, either one way or two way

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Latest version of Migration Tool lost my migration job

Latest version of Migration Tool lost the completed migration job so I am unable to perform an incremental upload. Had fully uploaded the data successfully and selected to save the job for future incremental uploads as per documentation online, however, when launching the tool it has updated and has lost my migration job so I can do an incremental upload!!! Spoke with Microsoft support and they are aware of this issue but was advised to provide feedback here, it would be great if this latest release of the app can bring back my migration job as I cannot afford to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry to hear that your lost the migration jobs in the tool. While we are trying to make sure those situations don’t happen. We recommend using the save for later item to generate an CSV/JSON file as an extra safeguard before starting the migration.

5. Make contact lists, connected to outlook available on mobile clients

I would appreciate beeing able to have contact (and calendars) synchronized from SP into my Outlook available in my mobile device (WP10)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we appreciate the suggestion, this unfortunately is not in the proper section. We will be closing this request but you can always submit it in the appropriate channel.

Thank you for your feedback

6. Easy migrations

There should be a way to utilize newest and best features provided by new version of SharePoint without going through the current painful and costlier approach of migration for clients. There have been Times when clients wanted to utilize new features but they were afraid of upgrading.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Easy SharePoint Migration

There are no. of ways are present for easy SharePoint migration. You can easily upgrade and migrate across all versions of SharePoint with the help of top SharePoint consultant http://ngenioussolutions.com/sharepoint/migration-upgrade.html . Before going to migration, we should know about some basic things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upload SharePoint data easily to third party SaaS-solutions

Customers use more than only SharePoint Online to save their data. They use third party SaaS-solutions.
    Think about a solution to make it easier for them to upload files from SahrePoint Online. We've used OneDrive, but the technology is bad. Now we use WebDAV, but it has too many criteria to make it work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I know the Veterans Administration is moving to SharePoint Online

I know the Veterans Administration is moving to SharePoint Online, I'm being asked for a Best Practices Migration plan from VA SharePoint 2013 servers to SharePoint Online, can you help me? I need info for this. I believe I will be helping with a lot of them in the near future!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Best avenue for Migration Tool support?

Not finding any troubleshooting solutions for errors

For example: 0x0204000A cannot create package file due to file is locked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whole site hierarchy migration with no throttling

Right now, throttling when using 3rd party migration tools to bring whole hierarchies from on-premise farms causes simple operations to take literally 60X longer than the same operation from on-prem to on-prem. The SPMT doesn't do subsites in the hierarchy. We need an admin switch to either turn of throttling for specific IPs or a way to at least inform O365 Operations that a migration or long running operation with many thousands of requests will be happening. I have 750GB of team sites to migrate and the math with throttling doesn't look good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We want to let you know that there is a new version of the SharePoint Migration Tool that will migrate most common site collections including its hierarchy and subsites. we recommend you looking at the V3 available on this page as public preview.
    docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigratio..

Please submit new feedback on how to improve the tool.

12. Incremental Migrations

This is more a request for comment as I am wondering if a content DB is restored from Prod to Test, then a full migration is performed and that job is saved. And if the content DB is subsequently copied from Prod to Test again, and that saved migration job is used, will the SPMT perform an incremental migration or not?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve "Find in section" search in OneNote Online to include all the section's pictures.

Allow searching of pictures across all pages in OneNote Online when selecting "Find in section", not just in the presently selected page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we appreciate the suggestion, this unfortunately is not in the proper section. We will be closing this request but you can always submit it in the appropriate channel.

14. Workflow Manager 1.0 on Azure Service Bus

Let WFM 1.0 to be configured to use Azure Service Bus and not only local Service Bus

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Jobs syncronization

OOTB platform to Sync jobs with message passing allowing orchestration configuration. Provide means for custom timer jobs sync between them and with SP timer jobs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fix the filter

Fix work of filter.
    In list or document library filter doesn't work, if checked many long string.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would like to configure University Outlook365 address with gmail.

When configuring Outlook365 server in Gmail we get a

Missed upload deadline (9.50s) (state SENT_SECOND_EHLO) code(0

error

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base