SharePoint Hybrid or Migration to Office365

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide capability to leverage one content type hub and managed metadata term store in hybrid scenario (or at least sync)

Being able to source taxonomies from SharePoint online and utilize them in a hybrid SharePoint 2016 on-premises situation would aid in consistency across content types, site columns, search (managed properties), etc.

If it is impossible to consume a SharePoint Online content type hub on-premises, at least provide the possibility of syncing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hybrid Taxonomy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • make use of SPField.Customization to enhance the use of the Taxonomy Field in Content Types

SspId, TermsetId and AnchorId are saved as custom properties within the TaxonomyField. The SPFieldLink allows to override some of the properties of a field when used in a content type (e.g. make a field required based on a content type)
      If during the merge process of SPFieldLink and SPField you set SPField.Customization as an element not an attribute of the field, it would be possible to modifiy the Taxonomy custom properties per content type.
      Since the Customization Property can be publicly set via powershell, this is a very flexible scenario.
      Imagine having a hierarchical termset, where the base parent term…

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hybrid Taxonomy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base