SharePoint Hybrid or Migration to Office365

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow default "edit' application either online or client

It would be nice if we could somehow set the default edit mode either online or in the client, so that a document opens for "editing" either online or in the client.

e.g. if online is selected for "editing" by the admin, when a user clicks [Edit], the document opens online, and if In Client is selected for "editing", the document opens in the client for editing by default.

Currently you can select the default behaviour of opening a document for "reading" i.e. Browser or In the Client, but not for 'editing'.

I believe this function would be very beneficial…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Hybrid Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • to fix that huge pile of crap you call shitpoint

The amount of bugs is insane! Do you even test that code you write. Firstgraders, probably have less bugs than you. Add autosave to site editing, history for edited content, so i dont lose content every time i save page and "Something went wrong happens". Did you ever try to write bullets in wiki? Every time i try to write new bullet cursor returns to previous or next. Honestly, students on their projects, made a better wiki with support for wiki tags and not just three. It's not that hard.
      Sharepoint 2013

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow SharePoint calendars to be added to Outlook online.

We currently have a number of SharePoint 2010 hosted, shared calendars that users add to their client outlook with the "Connect to Outlook" button in SharePoint. This feature when used in SharePoint 365 only adds to the client version of Outlook. Can it be changed to add a link to the online outlook as it seems impossible to add SharePoint calendars from Outlook online.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• quick edit

Editing List/List items through datasheet/quick edit view : If column is appearing through content type(as a Site column) and marked as mandatory, do not prompt any error message or validation error, if it's not filled up.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• make the calendar overlay easily customizable...ie see description

Please make the calendar overlay more customizable. At this time, if I overlay multiple calendars and see that I don't like the order in which the events appear on the main calendar, I have to delete all the existing overlaid calendars and start over completely. For any group like the ones I work with where there might be 4 calendars and 2 items on each calendar for any given day, deleting and starting over is not an option, so I have to go in and make sure that everyone knows "Please be sure to look at all items in a…

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ability to Start Workflow When Using "Create Item In" from Another Workflow

I have two lists (A and B) and both lists have a workflow that starts when a new item is created. In list A, I have a workflow that creates a new item in list B when certain conditions are met. However, the workflow in list B does not automatically start when an item is added from the workflow in list A; you must manually start the workflow in list B instead. There should be an option to automatically start a workflow when an item is created in a list by a workflow.

(I hope this makes sense!)

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • when creating a new file in office 365, offer the option to save to sharepoint

If i select the 9 dots in the top left corner, i can create a brand new Word document or Excel workbook, etc. But when i choose save as, my only option is my OneDrive. Why cant i save this directly to my SharePoint system, i am already logged in and it would be really useful if i could save to SharePoint rather than what i currently have to do which is save to OneDrive, download it locally then upload it to SharePoint.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SharePoint Hybrid Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • OneNote template on Document Library content type in SharePoint Online

Our Environment: SharePoint Online
                  Users wanted to create a OneNote file like other documents.
                  Currently it is allowed on a document library if we only one Content type "Document" (i.e., we can create word, powerpoint, excel and onenote).
                  If we add additional content type to the document library then it does not show those four document types. It is reasonable because we can specify the templates on the content types.
                  If I want to create a content type with OneNote template then what should be it? Users wanted to create OneNote file on the browser, not using the client.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Online forums in sharepoint

Hi team,
                    I am a network support engineer, I would like to suggest or add new online forums Q&A,within the team or company, which could make us to find out solutions by previous work done by other people

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Restrict self service created MySites (User should not be SC Admin)

It should be possible to automatically restrict the User Permissions of self Service created my sites. The users should not be Site Collection Admin of their own sites, because this makes it impossible to control any SharePoint structure.

Thanks for suggestions!
                      Best Regards

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make ODFB work properly

ODFB with sharepoint is completely hopeless and has been for 12 months. it is breaking my business and im very cross about it. Broken promises about when it will be fixed, and insulting videos about how wonderful it is. On an otherwise high quality E3 installation, the performance of this product with sharepoint is truly dire. My entire team is affected by this. Your support team are great but it takes them HOURS TO FIX US, many many times over the last couple of years, plus all the many more times we've fixed it ourselves without your help. You should…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• ...fix some video portal issues...

1. You can set subtitle options using Chrome or IE, but you can't view subtitles in IE.

2. When you upload a video, it's default name is the filename, but this can be changed. If you want to overwrite this video with an updated one, you can do so ONLY IF you remember what filename it was uploaded as originally. How do I find that out? It's not shown anywhere.

3. I uploaded a new video. The option to change the thumbnail was not present. I went to a previous video where I did change the thumbnail, and saw the…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• A text with some line breaks of document sets is displayed as single line at welcome page

Even if user type texts with some line break into "Multiple lines of text" column in the document set,
                            the text is displayed as one line without line break at welcome page
                            Our customer would like us to change the design so that line break info is kept even in welcome page.

- Repro Step

1. Go to document library and click [LIBRARY] tab in the ribbon UI and [Library Settings]
                            2. Click [Advanced settings] and enable [Allow management of content types?]
                            3. Click [Add from existing site content types]
                            4. In list box of [Select site content types from:],…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automatically Sync All Sites to Desktop

Right now, the best way to sync SharePoint sites with desktop computers with Office 365 ProPlus 2016 is to visit the site in a browser, navigate to the Document Library, and click the "Sync" button. This needs to be done manually for each site that the user wants to sync.

Is there a way to automate this now, or a plan on the SharePoint/OneDrive for Business roadmap?

The desired functionality is that on first launch, OneDrive for Business prompts for the user's login credentials (it would be nice if this was pre-populated for domain joined and/or Azure AD logins as…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Office 365>SharePoint store: Sorry, this app is not supported on your server.

Our Office 365 tenant appears to have fallen prey to a recurring bug (I see it repeated several times over previous years when I search) where many apps on the SharePoint store suddenly and without apparent reason become "not supported" when they've been installing fine previously.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop confusing the end user

We administrators know our way to KB- and support-articles, blogs and uservoice.com. We know the history of the products and we even have some understanding for the pressure from MS marketing dep. to launch products before they are finished. But here's how the end-users in small (3 users) company experienced their first year with Office 365 Business:
                                  • Sign in with your Microsoft Office 365 account. That is NOT a Microsoft account.
                                  • SharePoint is for your shared business folders, OneDrive is for your personal business folders. No, OneDrive Personal is something else, don't use it, it is not part…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Enable flow to access document library columns

When you for example create a flow in Microsoft Flow when an email is reveived to put that in a sharepoint folder.
                                    Please add so that we also could add to the doc library columns (properties) so for example I could add the content from the mail in a comment property or the subject line, and so on.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Query String (URL) Filter to pass multiple parameters

I would like to use a Query String (URL) Filter to filter a sharepoint list. However, it seems that this filter can only pass 1 parameter at a time. When I give multiple parameters, I am getting "Enter a valid Query String parameter name. Special characters and spaces are not allowed".

Could you fix this issue so I can use this feature on Sharepoint Online version?

Thank you.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Please make Word Automation Services as Standalone Library

Manipulation on Microsoft Word Documents grammatically are very actual. Microsoft does not support "Word Object Model" on unattended scenarios, and Microsoft always make reference to OpenXMLSDK and Sharepoint Word Automation Services.

There is problem OpenXMLSDK is a library, Word Automation Services is not.

In many cases we developers besides manipulation of docx files, we also need convert them to other word supported format.

For that we have to install Windows 2016, Full SharePoint Server to have ability convert files. You may agree, this is too have for just for conversion tasks.

Please make Word Automation Services as Standalone Library (Even…

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to have multiple locations for datacentre access

We have an international practice but you can either have Singapore or Sydney as your datacentre. Would be great to connect with multiple locations and the closest resource is used based on where people are located. This is the one major flaw of Office 365/SP Online.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base