I suggest you ...

Public website

Let me start with this "I was a great fan of Microsoft".

Now the issue: Why in the world would Microsoft remove public sites from Office 365, where every other cloud provider adopting the feature of allowing the users to use their own domain name. What sense does the option to add a domain make in the O365 portal.

Why do people go for Office 365? It is just because it supports small businesses to have a collaboration site with a little amount of money. But preventing the users from using their own domain name will surely push them out. I know many who did this. One of the tech support mentioned that it has become really hard to maintain DNS and stuff. But Microsoft, you know what, now a days, many small online business are providing a feature to have their own domain name, is it that hard for Microsoft to do something that small online businesses were able to do now a days? When you want to compete with larger technologies like Amazon Web Services, Google cloud, you have to provide something more than what others are providing, but not less. When would Microsoft learn this? (Something irrelevant to this but, I observed the same with Surface too, when every other tablet is implementing 3G n 4G sim option, Microsoft cant implement this on their most expensive tablets which are so called cool compared to Apple Ipad). Anyways I know, it doesn't matter if some xxx person posting on this page doesn't make you pull your strings. But it is just a hope and my admiration to Microsoft which is making me do this.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SriharshaSriharsha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BarryBarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this user completely. One of the major reasons I chose Office 365 was the ability to have a simple public-facing web site. I believe that the value of Office 365 has depreciated because of the plan to drop the public- facing sites altogether.

Then we are directed to other "partners" to host our sites at an additional cost. Frankly, I have not been impressed with those choices, and besides, it points out that Microsoft does not consider customers as "partners." You want to know if I will refer anyone else to Office 365? NO, I don't think so. You sell me a product based on a feature and then you take it away. Gee, thanks! Way to SHOOT YOURSELVES IN YOUR FEET!

My transition away from the public facing site is time-consuming and painful. I tend to remember vendors who do that.

• Joe MooreJoe Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unacceptable to just pull the plug on public sites. This will cause us considerable expense as well as time and resources to migrate the data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base