I suggest you ...

allow admin to be able to monitor site usage without a third party tool

It is so frustrating to not be able to know how much a site is being used. The current stats offered in SharePoint 2013 are a joke! 2010 was pitiful, but then in 2013 those were taken away for something that was completely convoluted. Please open up search and usage analytics for people to use to let our site admins know whether or not people are using SharePoint without paying an arm and a leg for third party tools!

215 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BJ FentressBJ Fentress shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adriana VenterAdriana Venter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finger prints more like it. Not even id. Actually why not use UR EMAIL ADDRESS AS VERIFICATION. ? And the e mail host will take full responsibility after ensuring alll docs in place, at a fee ofcourse,and also have money and docs etc insurers as backup
        Also have a back up drive. no one will do fraud again and it will be very difficult to do money laundering on the trading platform without docs and boycotts HUMAN TRAFFICKING people ar being sold in transit hospitality hospitals schools rehab jails cos NO RECORDS OF ANYTHING

Commodities metals forex and portfolios Gold and diamond deals not reported, mostly not because of fraud or manipulation, mostly due to having no currencies, poor african coutries will pay their staff with a small amount of gold..or other mineral due to no money, some mine owners sell their minerals export it but with no legal documents and no negotiations no trading on any platform using third parties not to be considered corrupt or trying to avoid Law just because they are u educated and uninformed and no one has told them or applied pressure. As a result the rest of the world is suffering due to commodities . not noted or negotiated on LME or JSE . I met all 17 directors of African Trade and Industry. They want their stock to move. I suggested that I do their contracts, verification and certification and reports. WITH MY JAVA ENCRYPTION APP I CREATED THAT THEY STOLE AND ARE NOW TRADING HUMANS WITHIN THE PLATFORM

• Adriana VenterAdriana Venter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dont include snapscan or mastercard or masterpass. Use FNB eWallet to Cell no. So everyone can get money all over without banks and cards. Insisting on reporting resorting reposting repository encrypted protected info. Ensuring legit trading licences, certificates verification and tax and vat. Various countries trade agreements, currencies and trading platform. EBay. JSE LME Wall str half if not more commodities are not reported and the whole worlds economy suffers as result. Proper contracts and Fica Verification thatget stolen or copied or scanned documents

• Piotr SiódmakPiotr Siódmak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jorge: Theoretically they announced SPInsights, which does just that, but seeing as it requires O365 I'm not satisfied.

• JorgeJorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working on it since 2015. Is anyone still monitoring this wailing wall?

• DinaDina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be a very useful tool and would save some cost for the organization, rather than going for any third party tools.

• VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have a full suite of reporting. Can't seem to get anything on Office 375/SharePoint Online

• Tom BurkeTom Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few things that would be invaluable as part of this addition:
        * Knowing which pages have ZERO hits. A tougher stat to grab but very valuable.
        * The ability to know what search refiners people have clicked on, and how many times. We're using Search Results web parts with Refiner web parts everywhere, and can't currently get those stats, which are very important to our site administrators.
        * The "Who / Where / What / When" of the stats. For example, slice things by a user: what pages on a specific site has he visited in the last N days? Which has he not visited? Or, slice things by a page: What users have visited it? What was the bounce rate? How long were the sessions? Some of this was not available in SP 2010 and would be great to have now.

• Jorge GuimarãesJorge Guimarães commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem, I need to know if I need to keep paying the extra storage, but I have no clue because there is no data about it. That makes no sense!

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable the filtering of search analytics to identify where people are searching from and filter our certain sources. For example our company uses the search web part to dynamically display content. As a result the search analytics is waaaay off and we are unable to find out how to better design our site because the analytics are so wrong. Search terms that are ranking high are only ranking high because of our page hits. It is invaluable to find out what people are really searching for. i.e. Only analytics from search page "XYX" as opposed to all search activity.

• MSGLMSGL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

List everyone who visited a particular site/page within a certain time span

• DinaDina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work heavily with the SharePoint 2010 Analytics for our client's site. They rely heavily on the data that I pull from the site: Top Pages, Top Referrers, Site Summary and Top Queries. I now have to inform them that there is no OOTB solution in 2013, to pull these reports; everything requires a custom build of some sort or another. Having these reports available in 2016 would be super key for us...

• KTNNKTNN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • PaulEPaulE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this day and age, I'm hoping this means we'll be able to get stats via an API. The API endpoint I've found for SharePoint Online always returns zero for users and hits even though the Excel report shows otherwise.

• Tom BurkeTom Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Three suggested slices of data (although many more would be helpful):
        - What user is accessing what page (and include ZERO hits to a page where applicable--not per user, but per page)
        - The user's location (either based on an Active Directory/federated attribute or IP/location-based metadata)
        - Number of new and unique users per day

• BJ FentressBJ Fentress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just posted my priorities in 'allow admin to be able to monitor site usage without a third party tool'

Just posted my priorities in the 'allow admin to be able to monitor site usage without a third party tool'

Highest priority in my book and what my site admins want to know is who is accessed the site in the last 7-14-30 days.
        After that, I would say how long the users stayed on the site.
        Finally, what they clicked on, read, downloaded, uploaded, or modified.
        Without this its hard to know if a site is successful or dead

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base