I suggest you ...

App Launcher on prem

Bring the App launcher ribbon form O365 to on Prem and allow use to administer what icons/links appear form central admin.

This would allow the use of SharePoint as a landing page company wide with links to all corporate applications on SharePoint and external.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TerafirmaTerafirma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philip KüselPhilip Küsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second on this, also the SharePoint 2016 applauncher design should always(or at least be an option) be on par with O365 and On-premise.
        The look of the SP 2016 on-premise app-launcher is like 2 versions behind even with the latest update (September 2016 as of now).
        Exchange 2016 got the visual update in one of the later updates, but SharePoint has the oldest one.
        If your going hybrid road I think it's crucial that the navigation should stay the same regardless if you are in O365 or on-premise SharePoint.
        Not only for causing confusion for the user, but the UX as a whole.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To provide some further clarification: The app launcher synchronization feature is great for hybrid scenarios, but it would be even better if all of the application tiles from O365 synced down to on-prem so that user experience was even more fluid.

Feedback and Knowledge Base