SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Hybrid or Migration experiences.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Source the SharePoint Migration Tool

You will get some interesting features from the community. Also stop SharePoint customers from paying tons of money for migrations

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PowerShell support is now available for SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT). Customers should be able to leverage PowerShell cmdlets to extend migration activities in their own custom migration logic.

Link to the PowerShell cmdlets @ docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigratio..

Please continue to provide feedback and post new uservoice ideas

2. Add estimated time remaining to Migration Tool

For the most part the migration tool is good and easy to use, however, if possible it would be great to have the estimated time remaining displayed on the app just to give an idea of how long it will take

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offline Mode for SharePoint Migration Tool

Offline Mode for SharePoint Migration Tool - The SharePoint Migration Tool requires the end user to enter in credentials to an O365 instance. In my scenario, we are currently blocked from accessing login gateways related to O365, but are currently working towards migrating to O365 as a solution. It would be nice to get the insights that the SharePoint Migration Tool provides in its reports without a set of O365 credentials. I.E. if credentials to O365 are not provided, place the Migration Tool into a REPORT ONLY state.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Popularity Trend Reports support for SharePoint Hybrid / SPO

As described here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ronalg/2016/11/21/hybrid-search-and-search-popularity-trend-reports/ Popularity Trend Reports are not available in hybrid scenarios as "the view events are not passed on to the search farm that is in the cloud". Include this functionality or provide an alternative in a future release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Crawled properties from on-premises farms

Crawled properties from on-premises farms should be added to O365 in Hybrid search (cloud index) scenario.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Regarding file downloading

I wish a specific user not to download file. My users recognize that if we set the right only to read file, we are able to download the text file, PDF, and pictures although I find the file not downloadable. Nevertheless, the folder itself can be downloaded even if I have Office files within the folder. That makes my users mistake all the files within the folder for downloadable ones despite the fact that the Office files fail and that we can't view the file. I request that in case I set the right only to read, I am unable…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide capability to leverage one content type hub and managed metadata term store in hybrid scenario (or at least sync)

Being able to source taxonomies from SharePoint online and utilize them in a hybrid SharePoint 2016 on-premises situation would aid in consistency across content types, site columns, search (managed properties), etc.

If it is impossible to consume a SharePoint Online content type hub on-premises, at least provide the possibility of syncing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow move/copy from O365 Group to any O365 Sharepoint Library

Currently you can create an Office 365 Group for a project and it comes with a "Files" section to share files. Well, the group's project is done and you want to move or copy those files to a more public repository on Office 365 Sharepoint. However, there is no may to multi-select files/folders and move/copy from the Groups to Sharepoint. This is a huge need as it exposes the file to the whole company for discovery whereas Groups are usually a limited audience. If you are a Mac user, you don't have the Windows Explorer option either. This should be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reduce the number (hundreds) of times that a login and password need to be entered

Why do I spend more time entering my email address and password than accessing the many different files and actually doing some work!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sync SP Shared calendar with ms365 / OWA

Our law enforcement agency consists of over 1400 users. Probably 90% of those users use OWA .. no licenses for the client. We also have many units that use SP and have a shared calendar on the SP site. Supervisors would like to be able to see this shared calendar in OWA. At this time the calendar can only be shared in the outlook client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SharePoint Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SharePoint migration tool and Teams

When migrating from server file shares in to SharePoint Online using the SharePoint migration tool, currently you can only choose the root folder of a document library and not the libraries belonging to ,for example, Teams channels. This means that you have to migrate in the folders and files and then use a separate method (SharePoint move or move in File Explore after a sync) to move these to respective Teams channel libraries.

Please develop the tool so that you can select Teams channels libraries/document sites as the destination and not just the root library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While our integration with Microsoft Teams and Groups in the SharePoint Migration tool is not fully complete. You Should be able to point the tool to Any existing Teams or Group connected team site to migrate content into it. We understand this is not optimal but for the moment you can use the CSV/JSON approach to point it to folder mapping to different teams channels.
    more details at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/how-to-format-your-csv-file-for-data-content-migration

12. SharePoint Migration Tool Migration Support for Lists With Lookup Fields

Currently, when migrating a list with a lookup field using the SharePoint Migration Tool 2.0, a failure occurs stating that the list with the GUID cannot be found. The dependency lists were migrated successfully, however, when migrating the list with the lookup fields, it is looking for a list with a GUID that doesn't exist. When the dependency lists are migrated over, they get new GUIDs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hybrid Picker needs to be able to remove a configured service

Hybrid Picker needs to be able to remove a configured service

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SPS2013: Sites link in top Nav

Hybrid scenario with My Sites in the cloud.
    Waffle menu on Prem has the "Sites" link that points to https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllSites&Source=SP

This link is the same as the "OneDrive" link
    https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllDocuments&Source=SP

Suggested change:

Have https://<Tenant>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllSites&Source=SP redirect to /_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx instead of the OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I access site collection which is deleted , the message displayed is not appropriate

When I access site collection which is deleted from SharePoing admin center ,the message of [You need a pemission to access the site] displayed . Because the site has been deleted , I think the message is not appropriate .I hope that [404 FILE NOT FOUND] can be showed .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be wonderful if we could edit a security group at the document level to remove a user from access to that single document.

I haven't found a way to remove a user from a security group at the document level without removing them from the group all together. We should be able to remove a user from a security group at the lowest level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when creating a new file in office 365, offer the option to save to sharepoint

If i select the 9 dots in the top left corner, i can create a brand new Word document or Excel workbook, etc. But when i choose save as, my only option is my OneDrive. Why cant i save this directly to my SharePoint system, i am already logged in and it would be really useful if i could save to SharePoint rather than what i currently have to do which is save to OneDrive, download it locally then upload it to SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SharePoint list linked with Access Displays #Error

Calculated fields in SharePoint lists generate an #Error as result when linked to an Microsoft Access database (2010, 2013, 2016 and 365 versions).
    Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SharePoint on-prem & Office365 Branding

I guess it's curial, that SharePoint 2016 and Office 365 has the same branding possibilities, that the look and feel for end-user could be aligned in a Hybrid scenario right out-of-the-box. Currently, there are different banding possibilities on both platforms and therefore it's hard to get a unified design, without using customizations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

SharePoint Hybrid And Migration

Feedback and Knowledge Base