SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display the published date for pages posted as news

On a site page, usually the published date is displayed in the top right hand corner (on the command bar). If the page is posted as news however, this date is not displayed, but rather a simple text that reads 'Posted'. Now there is no way to know how relevant the posted news is, and the only way to display this seems to be by enabling the option to display the published date in the page header. There is no reasonable way to enable this option for several pages, as you would have to manually edit every single one. Is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed jira Dashboards

Could you allow me to embed Jira Eazy BI content

<iframe width="1663" height="1062.6666259765625" src="https://jira.inbcu.com/plugins/servlet/eazybi/accounts/23/embed/dashboard/7?embed_token=o5nxw0zdcf7xnmo0y8qrapvpdsp22p4dcqfm7zfo41mw7vcmgxqxpwa66is5&quot; frameborder="0"></iframe>

Into a page?

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. pdf viewer makes interactive pdf files not interactive

While uploading a .pdf file that is interactive (means if I click on some particular parts it shows more information about that part, etc.), it start to be not interactive, so the purpose of updloaded file is missing. I am talking about Google Chrome. While using Internet Explorer, it works perfectly. Could it be somehow updated? Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. zien wat je doet

Dag, het zou fijn zijn dat wanneer je een nieuwsbericht aanmaakt, dit ook onder je eigen account terug te vinden is. Nu is het zo dat je iets 'post' en er dan niets meer over terug kunt vinden tot het (soms een paar uur later) gepubliceerd is. Kan dit misschien worden aangepast? Groetjes
    Roos

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. O365 Word Read-Only + comments or annotation

Using Word as a collaborative software, I would like to see more options allowed to the read-only mode as we rely on that restricted mode to display the document in a more steady view (accessibility layout for instance which is great) while expecting some of our stakeholders to comment and annotate the document for final revision.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modificare il formato della data italiana da mese/giorno/anno

Modificare il formato della data italiana da mese/giorno/anno in giorno/mese/anno; questa modifica dovrebbe essere applicata a tutte le regione europee.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Anchor Links or Collapsing Sections

I would like to be able to define sections like in a word document when creating Sharepoint Wiki pages, so that we can anchor links to get into that section of the wiki page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Limit notifications to Sharepoint sites only if you subscribed

We are building a communication site and every-time we post a news story everyone we work with and our managers are getting alerts in Sharepoint. This is so wrong. Users should only get alerts based on what they are have "Followed" in Sharepoint. Unnecessary people and Exec Presidents are getting phone alerts for something they don't follow or monitor. Please fix this ASAP

"When this post is posted, the people you work with and the people who report for you will be notified"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optionally select to publish news immediately or to need approval before publishing depending on the news content

Implement a feature to create a configuration to publish news immediately or to require approval before publishing it depending on the news content when you post news in SPO.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Autosave pages

After creating or editing a page or a wiki page, it would be great to auto-save the page (or force the save and keep editing option in the background). Users often forget to save, check-in, publish etc or navigate away from the page, losing their work/edits. Autosave is available in other Office applications, make it happen for SharePoint pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update newspost

Hej, When you update an old newspost it would be good that this post will be placed on top of the list / on top of the page.
    Today this is not the case.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple Editors at a time

I think it would be a good idea if more than one person could edit at a time- similar to Google Docs. It's frustrating when someone is in edit mode and you can't access the editing function because of them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote feature missed

OneNote in SharePoint is not as user friendly as the app, it is missing a key feature which is "right click" in the text portion and be able to auto add
    "name, date, time" so people can tell who wrote what. I think it should automatically add that to the side somewhere for ease of use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select / Unselect all News Posts

In the Email a News Digest screen I want a box to allow me to select / unselect all news articles at once instead of clicking each one............... Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. less jargon/ abbreviations

it would be more beneficial to colleagues if less jargon was used.

Not everyone knows what things such as 'DSAR' stands for.

even if it was still used but if you click on the jargon for a brief description of what it stands for etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. calendar return from editing

When I navigate to a calendar item, say 3 months in the future, and edit the event, the calendar returns to the current month after saving the event. It should return to the month where it was before I viewed/edited the event. The catch here is that some events have multiple occurrences and need to be entered as single occurrence events. This means that after editing each occurrence I need to navigate back to the containing month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. calendar return from editing

When I navigate to a calendar item, say 3 months in the future, and edit the event, the calendar returns to the current month after saving the event. It should return to the month where it was before I viewed/edited the event. The catch here is that some events have multiple occurrences and need to be entered as single occurrence events. This means that after editing each occurrence I need to navigate back to the containing month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Supported file types

It's mad that I can't post a One Note extract here because it's not a supported file type. Baffling considering this is part of the same Office 365 suite.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mejorar tiempos de respuesta

Hola, este trámite debería ser más ágil y de una u otra manera instantáneo, pues de igual manera en que les exigimos a los proveedores presentar documentación en tiempos cortos, también ellos requieren esta información para sus ofertas con otros ISP en tiempos también cortos

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Great Idea

Scott I like this soooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base