SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and drop files directly to Sharepoint

Enable users to drag and drop files directly to SharePoint from other applications, without having to download or save them to desktop first, which is a time-wasting step

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Favorite function

It seems like the new interface doesn't let you Favorite a document. Delve is the only way I can favorite it at this point. Is this by design?

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a site owner to kick a user out of a file opened in Excel Online

If you have multiple people co-authoring in Excel Online, there are times when you need to open the file in Excel - typically for advanced formatting, etc. If someone has accidentally left the file open in their browser, there is no way to force them out and keeps the file locked. Although not always intentional, it can create a major headache by not being able to simply kick/close out that particular user from editing.

471 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multiple document check in

I need to be able to check in multiple documents at once. I cannot be wasting time checking in 30 documents one at a time! This feature is available on classic SharePoint. Why would you remove that?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. document metadata

make the metadata panel for a given document readily accessible

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SharePoint file upload issue

SharePoint document library upload issue in new interface - file gets stuck and page has to be refreshed. apparently not an issue but doesn't happen in the old interface on any browser , happens on all browsers on new interface in windows 10 1607.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete files

Please provide clear delete button for deleting files from Outlook 365 Groups.

I want to delete a file that I accidentally uploaded and cannot find how, it is very frustrating.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow selective sync for SharePoint

Now that sync is available for SharePoint libraries, can we add selective sync for selecting specific files or folders for syncing?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag and Drop attachments from Outlook

Would love to be able to drag & drop email attachments directly from Outlook into a document library. Currently I have to drag them to my desktop and then drag from my desktop into the doc library.

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Missing ribbon menu, missing functions

Where's the menu (ribbon) in the new look? Without menu there're many IMPORTANT functions missing.

Please find a way to put back full functions. Otherwise the SharePoint is NOT USABLE in a real business environment.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In document library search

I am missing the "In document library search" which was availlable in the classic experience of the document library.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easy way to unlock documents

Would it be possible or feasible to place an item in the menu or a button on the main ribbon to unlock a document? I have a document that is locked for offline viewing and I cannot make any changes to this document.

What make this frustrating is that I am being told by Office 365 that I am editing this document offline. I have restarted my one drive, my computer and all of my open documents on my laptop. I don't understand why this continues to happen but, it would be nice to have a simple fix.

Bottom line,…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File folder/explorer view

Add a "normal" File Folder/Windows Explorer view to Sites; a la Google Docs or a file server. The new Sites UI is too "webby" and it takes too long to do just about anything:
    1. Can only upload one file at a time.
    2. Can only download one file at a time.
    3. Can't sync OneDrive for Business & Sites files using one client.
    4. Opening OneDrive or Sharepoint Sites from the main login opens another tab. Open a group in your Site and it opens yet another tab. Why can't it just drill down like a normal file folder…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. File Search

A file search on every folder screen would be extremely helpful. Especially considering you've added virtual scrolling when the folder contains several files; it can be a little tedious if the file is at the bottom and you have to wait on virtual scrolling to load more than once.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Managed Metadata filtering - New look

Give us Managed Metadata Filtering on Document libraries back.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No Search Bars

This new view does not have the search bars. We have spent a lot of time teaching our staff to use the search bars. (There used to be two: one to search for files within current folder and one to search the entire site.) Please give them back!!!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bulk approve/reject documents

Ability to bulk 'approve/reject' documents.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change document upload action to support management of documents

Currently, documents are able to be uploaded to a document library that contains required fields without filling in these fields. This logic is flawed. Please let me explain...

Let's assume that we want to create a workflow that simply modifies the title of an uploaded document based on columns of a content type. To ensure the title is always populated with information, we make a column (we'll use the "Name" column) required on a document library.

METHOD 1
    If an end user were to click the "Upload" button, they will be able to select their document and click OK. Since…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple files Check In/Check Out with new look

With the new SharePoint document libraries "New look", I can not do the multiple check Out/check in. It would be nice to have that option handy.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search folder options

Bring back folder options for search.

Previously, in search, you could go directly to a folder that had the file you were looking for.

Now, you can only open the file in the screen.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base