SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to set video playback speed

The document library supports plenty of video file types and the player supports play, pause, and skip using the timeline.

Adding the option to adjust payback speed in the viewer would be extremely useful.

Video is being shared more frequently so the option to consume it at a higher or slower rate to optimize for time or understanding would be valuable - it's currently supported in the Streams viewer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Method to export search results from a library

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ライブラリ内の検索結果をエクスポートする方法
    Method to export search results from a library

■Description(内容):
    ライブラリ内でファイルを検索した結果、もしくは、オートフィルタで絞り込んだ後の結果を Excel にエクスポートする機能の追加を希望します。
    現在は、検索結果が表示された状態でライブラリをエクスポートしても、検索結果に関わらず、ライブラリ内のアイテムがすべてエクスポートされます

I would like to be able to export the results when searching within a library for files, or the results of an auto-filter, as Excel files.
    Currently, even if you export the library while search results are shown, all items in the library are exported regardless of the search results.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About numbers of files

■Title(件名):
    ファイル数について
    About numbers of files

■Description(内容):
    サイト コレクションおよび、サブサイトの配下に作成された全てのフォルダー配下のファイル数を一括で確認できるような機能の追加を希望します。

Please add a way to check the total number of files across all folders created within a subsite or site collection.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Setting all information management policies at once

■Title(件名):
    情報管理ポリシーの一括設定について
    Setting all information management policies at once

■Description(内容):
    情報管理ポリシーを設定し、ストレージを圧迫しないよう一定時間が経過したアイテムを削除するようにしたい。
    その際、対象となるドキュメント ライブラリが 360 個とかなりの数があるため一つ一つ設定することは手間がかかる。
    現時点では情報管理ポリシーを一括して設定できる機能はないため、当該機能の実装を要望します

I want to set information management policies to delete items after a certain period of time to avoid putting strain on the storage capacity we have available.
    In such a scenario, since we have around 360 document libraries, applying the settings to each individually takes a lot of time.
    Please make it possible to set information policies all at once, since this is currently not possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix MOVE TO to permit MERGING (and other fixes)

MOVING a folder branch to another location (library, site, site collection, account):

1) (MOST IMPORTANT) ALLOW MERGE - i.e., so that any existing target folders will be used as is (currently, you can only rename, or cancel), and give option for existing files to either overwrite or rename uniquely.

2) Currently, I have observed that a large move operation will appear to have finished in the GUI, but in reality, files are still being moved in the background. Fix this - either keep it from appearing to be done, or (better yet) give us an ability to see status of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Link to Item to the Breadcrumb Path in DispForm.aspx

There is no link to the item when viewing its properties in DispForm.aspx.

Use case:
    When clicking on the link of a lookup column value, it opens in DispForm.aspx. If the item is a folder or document set, there is no link to access its location in the DispForm.aspx page. You have to click on the parent location in the breadcrumb path at the top of DispForm.aspx, and then manually search for the item. Depending on the default view of the parent, this may not be that simple, especially if the default view has filtered out the item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using content type to search

■Title(件名):
    コンテンツ タイプを使用した検索について
    Using content type to search

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリなどの検索にコンテンツ タイプを使用するにあたり、デフォルト設定のコンテンツ タイプ一覧の確認やコンテンツ タイプの作成が複雑に見受けられます。
    ドキュメント ライブラリなどの検索実施の際に、コンテンツ タイプを使用しての、アイテム名称やアイテム種別ごとの検索条件の設定を容易に行える機能の追加を希望します。

If you use content type to search a document library etc. it is difficult to check the default content type list and creating content types can be complicated.
    Please make it possible to easily configure the search condition settings per content type or item name using content types.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Method for setting a view to show individual content types

■Title(件名):
    コンテンツタイプ ごとに表示するビューを設定する方法について
    Method for setting a view to show individual content types

■Description(内容):
    現在、ライブラリのビューは "すべてのドキュメント" を既定に設定している。
    また、ドキュメント セットを表示するための "ドキュメント セット" というビューも作成している。
    ライブラリ画面右上のビュー名を指定して切り替えることは可能だが、検索 (サイトのページから検索した場合、ライブラリの画面から検索した場合どちらでも) キュメント セットのタイトルを検索した場合はドキュメント セットのビューで表示できるようにしてほしい。

Currently, library views are set to “All documents”.
    In order to display document sets, we have created a “document set” view”.
    It is possible to switch between different named views in the top right of the library view, but if you use search (either from a site page or the library screen) make it possible to show the results using the document set view if you searched for a document…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Explicit Deny in file and folder permissions

Please add the equivalent NFTS permission "Deny" to the list of available permissions, so that I may deny specific groups of users from folders even if they have the same functional job as other employees who do need to be able to touch those folders. (in this case, denying contractors for insurance liability reasons) Creating a entire second set of new security groups for [Job but is contractor] is overcomplicating my setup when instead I could just put them all in a single group called "Contractors" and set an explicit deny so they can't touch the files when they're added…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. map network drive

Drive mapping - again!
    Users are too wedded to mapped drives and will not work with SharePoint libraries through the browser. Many third-party applications just expect drive letters and don't work with web locations.
    With IE support being dropped, we also lose the ability to authenticate to SharePoint and establish the WebDAV connection.
    We see people mapping network drives anyway, then their session expires after a couple of weeks and we get support tickets to help them fix their drives AGAIN. Taking this away will cause carnage.
    I know Microsoft don't want people to work this way, but you must…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Changing the document library associated with a team site

■Title(件名):
    チームサイトに紐づくドキュメント ライブラリを変更する機能について
    Changing the document library associated with a team site

■Description(内容):
    チームで利用するドキュメント ライブラリをチーム内から全ユーザーで利用する背景があるため、Microsoft Teams にて共有したアイテムが保存されるドキュメント ライブラリを任意のドキュメント ライブラリに変更する機能を希望します。

We have document libraries which are used by everyone in a team, so please make it possible to freely change the document library in which items shared on Teams are stored.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Library user's should not be able to delete others documents

I would like to apply permission on a library in such a way that user can see others documents however user can only delete their own documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Design Change request Document upload to SharePoint using Cloud App Security policy

User is trying to create a FILE POLICY using the Cloud App Security (This policy will scan the documents that were assigned to the policy and apply the PROTECTED label to that document) When a file is saved in SPO, this attribute is getting deleted when policy is assigned using Cloud App Security.
    If a file is uploaded by using Cloud App Security, it is not decrypted by SPO. When a file is updated in SPO, SPO makes a API call to update the protection label. The processor which takes this input doesn't detect SharePoint as a valid user, so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sharepoint "see all" should be the default

When I am on Sharepoint "see all" should be the default for my company files. I want to see all of my files all the time. Or at the very least I should be to set my preferences to show all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing library item names

■Title(件名):
    ライブラリのアイテム名の編集
    Editing library item names

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリに保存されているアイテムのうち、一部のアイテムを目立たせたい。
    上部に固定することは可能だが、設定できる数が限られている。
    アイテム名に下線を引いたり太字にしたりすることで、一部アイテムを目立たせ利便性が上がるため、ライブラリのアイテム名などの文字に下線や太字、フォント カラーの変更といった編集が加えられるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。

I want to make some items stand out among those saved in a document library.
    It is possible to pin them to the top, but the number you can do this for is limited.
    If you could underline or bold item names, you could highlight items, which would be useful. Therefore, please add editing options for item names, such as underlining, bold, and font colors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. synchronization: SP documents to local (File Explorer)

When shared elements are sync'd to the local drive, they show with the sharer's name first. In L-R Western reading style, it becomes extremely difficult in a list of things in File Explorer to find the item needed since the useful text is buried to the right of the text string. People don't think of who shared it, they think of the content they need. The display as-is is inefficient and frustrating. What can be done to change this to be more useful / user friendly? Note however, that when it comes to the Teams team name being first, this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. move file between libraries

Hello,
    With the deleting of File Explorer feature, how can we copy file within a same site collection or site?
    The feature of copy to an other site is great but not useable because we have thousand of site and we cannot find sites easily.
    I only want a simple feature to copy paste documents beetween libraries within a same site (spweb);
    What is your solution?
    Br,
    Sabri

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Restricting folder uploads

■Title(件名):
    フォルダーのアップロード制限
    Restricting folder uploads

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作では、[詳細設定]から[フォルダー] - [新しいフォルダー] のチェックを外しても、[+新規] からフォルダーを新規作成する動作を制限できても、[アップロード] からはフォルダーがアップロードできてしまう。
    権限セクションで ”アイテムの追加” の権限を外すとフォルダー以外のファイルなども制限されてしまう。
    ドキュメントライブラリ内が煩雑になってしまう事を防ぐために、ユーザーにフォルダーのアップロードを制限させる機能の実装を要望いたします。

Currently, even if in advanced settings you uncheck “Folder” – “New Folder”, or if you restrict the creation of new folders via “+ New”, you can still upload folders from “Upload”.
    Removing the “Add item” permission in the permissions section results in files other than folders being restricted.
    In order to avoid complicating the contents of document libraries, we would like to be able to restrict users from uploading folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. standardize checkout/checkin of files

Some of the SharePoint sites I use are setup to require checkout/checkin of files. When I open an Excel file from one of these using Open > Open in app, Excel gives me a notification that I need to checkout the file and a button to do so from within the desktop app. But using the same workflow with Word doesn’t give me a notification or checkout option; I have to first checkout the file in SharePoint, then open it. The way Excel handles this is just a nicer workflow. Is there a way to get Word to behave the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 104 105
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base