SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New tab

too many subtabs to click through. Please provide an option to open in a new tab.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag-and-drop DOWNLOAD from SharePoint to PC

SharePoint Online has very intuitive support for drag-and-drop from one's PC to SharePoint (upload). What I need to do is offer (technophobic) users a simple way to drag-and-drop files from SharePoint to one's PC (download). When I attempt to do so, it creates shortcuts on the PC to the SharePoint file. I've been experimenting with both IE and Chrome and can not get either to work.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide Grouped By Column Name

When using a group by view on a modern page, having the name of the Column is worthless.

Can we just have the metadata that is tagged on the item show up in the grouped by view header like a folder name.

we do not need ColumnName:Tag as our grouped by headers any more.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Making Copying/Moving files easier

Making Copying/Moving files easier: It would make our lives easier if the active folder was available when trying to copy/move a file on Sharepoint online, to avoide having to go down the full path of sub-folders.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the admin to set hide/unhide the display of [feedback] and [Get the Mobile apps] on SharePoint Online porta.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    画面右下の [フィードバック] と [モバイル アプリを入手] を非表示にしたい

Allow the admin to set hide/unhide the display of [feedback] and [Get the Mobile apps] on SharePoint Online porta.

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint ポータル サイトにアクセスすると、一般ユーザーでも [フィードバック] と [モバイル アプリを入手] が表示される。表示・非表示を管理者が GUI 上で設定できるようにしてほしい。

When accessing SharePoint Online site, [feedback] and [Get the Mobile apps] are displayed on the right bottom of the screen. I am aware of that they are displayed even when general users accessed SharePoint Online portal.
    In order to improve security, it will be great if the admin can set hide/unhide the display of [feedback] and [Get the Mobile apps]…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customize Document Library Action List

"Check out" button is buried. It's required on my site to check a document out before uploading a new version, so why is it so hard to find? It would be nice to be able to edit the list of available actions (New, Upload, Quick edit, Share, etc. I'd like to remove some buttons that aren't necessary for my purposes and reorder the rest to fit my needs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Widen file "Name" column

In SharePoint Document Library, provide ability to widen visibility for the file "Name" column.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add “assessment setting” to the custom list in Communication Sites

■Title(件名):コミュニケーション サイトのカスタム リストに [評価の設定] 項目の追加を希望します。
    Add “assessment setting” to the custom list in Communication Sites

■Description(内容):
    プライベート サイト コレクションや Office 365 グループ サイトでは、カスタム リストにおいて [評価の設定] より "いいね!" の機能の有効化が可能であるが、コミュニケーション サイトでは [評価の設定] 項目自体が表示されず有効化が出来ない状況。
    コミュニケーション サイトにおいても "いいね!" を使用するため、[評価の設定] 項目の追加を希望します。

For Private site collections and Office 365 group sites, we can activate the function "Like" from “assessment setting” in the custom list, however, it is not possible to activate “Like” function in Communication Sites because the item “assessment setting” is not displayed on the communication sites.
    Therefore, it will be great that the “assessment settings” will be added to the custom…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable copying items in the list more easily

■Title(件名): リストの個々のアイテムを簡単にコピーしたい
    Enable copying items in the list more easily

■Description(内容)
    リスト内のアイテムを簡単にコピーできるような機能の実装を希望します。
    現在個々のアイテムをコピーしようとすると、クイック編集やコンテンツと構造、テンプレート等になる。
    項目数が多い場合や、管理者以外が編集する場合等は対応に苦慮するため、簡単にアイテムのみをコピーする機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, I am aware that we have to use the feature of Quick edit, Content and structure or templates to copy each item in the list because the feature to copy each item directly is not available. It might be hard to handle if there are many items to be copied or when editing by non-administrators.
    In order to improve the usability, I hope the feature will be implemented to copy each item easier without using other features.

Thank you for your consideration.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the feature to display the borders of the table properly in the modern UI.

■Title(件名):
    モダンUIのカスタム リストにおいて、複数行テキストに挿入した表の罫線を表示させる機能について

Improve the feature to display the borders of the table properly in the modern UI.

■Description(内容)
    カスタム リストの列に複数行テキスト形式の列を作成し、その列に表を挿入した際に、クラッシック表示では表の罫線が表示されるが、モダン表示だと表の罫線が表示されない。
    表の機能として、罫線の表示がないと大変見にくいため、モダン表示のカスタムリストにおいても、列内で表の罫線が表示されるように機能拡充を希望します。

I am aware of that when I created multiline texts on the columns of custom lists and inserted the table into the custom list, the borders of the table were not displayed in modern UI despite the table borders were displayed in the Classic UI.
    It is hard to see the table without borders, so I hope the feature will be improved to display the borders even in the modern UI.

Thank you for your…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show document library and list descriptions in Modern UI

When creating a list or document library one of the primary fields to enter is the description. In classic UI this used to be shown above the view when users navigated to the library. The only place I can see the description being displayed under Modern UI is in the library settings. The description is a critical piece of information in assisting users with knowing the purpose and intended usage of the library/list. Can we please have it back or some other way of providing similar custom usage or information to the user on the primary UI into a list…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort order with numbers is wrong

I have files with a number at beginning in filename.
    The sort-order in Library is:

Correct would be:

Please fix that. Thank you

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Document set views

Allow Views within Document Sets. Currently you don't appear to be able to add customer views inside document set folders.
    Allow views to permeate the Document Set structure, for enhanced sorting.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate SharePoint metadata and views with Windows Explorer

I still monitor this suggestion ..

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/7196959-integrate-sharepoint-metadata-views-with-windows
    .. and once a month without fail someone is commenting saying how fundamental and necessary this is. Please reconsider as this is a major roadblock in our adoption and causes us to have to go against Microsoft best practice and use folders in a SharePoint library to organise our data so we can sync locally.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Permanent Column Widths

Name column width in libraries should be able to be set (and stay set).

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shorten Default "Files" URL from "Shared%20Documents" to "Docs"

This suggestion affects SharePoint Document Libraries and Microsoft Teams...

The URL for the default "Documents" document library in SharePoint is "Shared Documents", which in a URL is actually "Shared%20Documents" as spaces cannot exist in URLs and must be handled with the %20 character substitution.

This means that instead of being able to send a nice clean human readable URL to a file like:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Docs/Collateral/design.docx

We end up with:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Shared%20Documents/Collateral/design.docx

There are two (2) issues here:
    1. Confusing "%20"
    2. Unnecessary added length "%20Shared" can all be eliminated

This is confusing for users.

I would even go so far as to…

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Uploading to Share points

I would like to be able to upload my own files to the share-point available in the domain that I am a part of.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. View in File Explorer for Edge

The "View in File Explorer" library menu item found only in Internet Explorer was very useful. However, consistent with Microsoft guidance, I've lately been using Edge for most of my work. Is there any chance that the same item could be allowed in Edge? Thanks.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sharepoint

Files shared in Teams app are also stored in SharePoint, it would be nice if the SharePoint page shows the source of the SharePoint Site, i.e. Team or SharePoint

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base