SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable the option to View in File Explorer

SharePoint Online should have the option to disable View in File Explorer when accessing files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Support for OFT Files

OFT files are used to distribute email templates to users. Being able to post and distribute these in SharePoint Online would be a great add. Right now, OFT files are not supported in modern search, making them useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a way to check file metadata size in storage volume metrics

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    記憶域メトリックスにてファイルのメタデータを確認できる機能の搭載を希望します
    Add a way to check file metadata size in storage volume metrics

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリにファイルをアップロードすると、実際のサイズよりも大きくなるため、サイト コレクションの容量を圧迫してしまう。
    ファイル単体・バージョン管理の容量は確認可能だが、メタデータの容量の算出だけ不可なためサイト コレクションの容量管理に影響が出ている。

記憶域メトリックスからメタデータを確認できる機能の搭載を希望いたします。

When uploading a file to a document library, it becomes larger than it really is, which puts pressure on the site collection capacity.
    It’s possible to check how much space is used by individual files or version management, but the volume taken by metadata cannot be measured, and this has an effect on the management of site collection space.
    Please make it possible to check metadata size in the storage volume metrics.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Extend "Open" menu inside the ribbon

Please extend "Open" menu. Most of the time we need to open. But it is very different from doc to doc if we want in browser og app. (I know it is possible to change the default, but we often need different approaches). Thanks a lot.

https://twitter.com/uzmarat/status/1316297888289390592?s=20

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Viewing Custom SharePoint Column Data in File Explorer / Finder

A huge hole in the mantra to 'flatten folders' is that the SharePoint column data is not available in the locally synced OneDrive files.
    This means that it is necessary to keep a file hierarchy if you sync and work locally. Flattening and working locally are king, so please fix!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want SharePoint to be able to compress my files.

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint にて、ファイルを圧縮できるようにしてほしい
    I want SharePoint to be able to compress my files.

■Description(内容):

SharePoint doesn't currently implement file compression, but I want SharePoint libraries to compress and decompress files that I upload for more convenience.

現在、SharePointではファイルの圧縮機能は実装されていないが、より利便性を高めるためアップロードするファイルの圧縮と解凍をSharePoint のライブラリ上できるようにしてほしい。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to preview file while in grid view

If I'm going to go through and edit metadata in many documents at once, I need to be able to preview the document to know what's in it so I know what metadata to do.

Grid view is great, but if I can't see what I'm adding metadata to, it's clunky and even slower than Quick Edit used to be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File rename box is too small

The file rename box is too small.
    It shows as a dialog and could be 5 times larger, which would make it nicer to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Power Automate function on searched library

Hello! When searching for a file within a document library using the search bar at the top of the page, you get a filtered results version of the library. I do this because it's obviously faster to get to a specific document this way. I have a Power Automate flow I'd like to use with our library, but when I've searched for a specific file in the library using the top search bar, the Power Automate function isn't available upon right clicking the document. Please consider making this available!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We would like to restrict the SharePoint view that shows frequented and suggested sites

We have the situation that users can see what other users have accessed in a site, for example other staff members can see that colleagues have been accessing polices on maternity leave or amending grievance report. We don't use this view ( although it is the default I understand) and would like the option to turn it off or restrict it at least.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag and drop *TO* Outlook email message as attachments

There are many posts here about dragging from Outlook to SharePoint. However, if you need to attach multiple files to send via email to external recipients (links are not an option, though dragging and dropping as links would also be useful in other scenarios), this can be really cumbersome with a large doc library, partly because you cannot select and then act on multiple items, except to download them as a .zip file, which are invariably blocked or stripped by AV software. It's a multistep process today at best.

Allowing drag-and-drop straight to an Outlook message would be a huge…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Requests for Storage Alerts

■Title(件名):
    ストレージのアラートについての要望

Requests for Storage Alerts

■ 内容

フォルダが一定のストレージに到達したら、アラートを表示されたい。
    各フォルダーで設定したいので、機能の拡張を要望します。

When a folder reaches a certain storage, I want the alert to be displayed.
    Because I want to set it in each folder, I want to extend the function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete multiple versions from the version history in a SharePoint Online site document library

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online サイトのドキュメント ライブラリにおけるバージョン履歴の複数削除機能について
    Delete multiple versions from the version history in a SharePoint Online site document library

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint Online サイトのドキュメント ライブラリにおけるバージョン履歴を削除するには全てのバージョンを削除かバージョンを 1 つずつ選択しての削除となっている。複数バージョンを選択して削除可能な機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently if you want to delete versions from the version history in a SharePoint Online site document library, you can either delete all the versions or delete them one-by-one. Please make it possible to select and delete multiple versions at once.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the sharing link in the body text of mail sent when sharing a folder from a document library into a hyperlink

■Title(件名):
    ドキュメント ライブラリのフォルダー共有時、メール本文の共有リンクをハイパーリンク化したい
    Make the sharing link in the body text of mail sent when sharing a folder from a document library into a hyperlink

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online ドキュメント ライブラリのフォルダー共有を行う際、現在の動作では [共有] - [Outlook] をクリックした場合、本文にはテキストベースの共有リンク文字列が表示される。
    エンターキーを押すことでハイパーリンク化はできるが、毎回操作を要するのは煩雑である。
    テキスト文字列もしくはハイパーリンクを選択できるよう、オプションの拡充を希望する。

When sharing a folder in a SharePoint Online document library, under the current behavior, if you click “Share” – “Outlook”, a mail with a text-based sharing link is displayed.
    While it is possible to change this into a hyperlink by pressing enter, you have to do this every time.
    Please add an option to choose whether to use a text string…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save your files to SharePoint Online more easily

Scenario:
    - using SharePoint Online
    - document library settings to default open documents in the client applications
    - Create a document based on a content type

The new save experience works like described in de link below:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/office-365-blog/save-your-files-to-the-cloud-more-easily/ba-p/325133

Before a document was automatically saved in the location where the file was created.

Now with the new experience it takes more clicks for the end user because the default saving location is OneDrive or a specific location in SharePoint that you can set as default.
    This is not working beter then before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Move to / Copy - Add Search field within dialog

When using the move to / copy to function, and you have chosen a target Teamsite and Library, all folders within a document library are listed.
    Please offer a search field within the move to / copy to dialog so that you can search for names or metadata of a specific folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to download view counts within a library as an Excel file

■Title(件名):
    ライブラリ内の閲覧数を、エクセルにダウンロードする機能の実装を希望します。
    Make it possible to download view counts within a library as an Excel file

■Description(内容):
    ライブラリ内の閲覧数を、エクセルにダウンロードする機能の実装を希望します。

Please make it possible to download view counts within a library as an Excel file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display when having selected ‘file size’ in a view

■Title(件名):
    ビューでファイルサイズを選択した場合の表示について
    Display when having selected ‘file size’ in a view

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint Online ドキュメント ライブラリでビューを設定した際に、ファイル サイズを選択すると単体ファイルのサイズのみ表示され、フォルダーは内包しているアイテム数のみ表示される。
    フォルダーも総計ファイル サイズで表示されるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, when a view is set up for a SharePoint Online Document Library, selecting ‘file size’ shows only the size of individual files, and the number of files contained within a folder.
    Please make it possible to show the total size of files within a folder.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SPO Document Library Folder Properties

Ability to get Folder Properties showing all the contents (Inc Nested folders) as is available in Windows Explorer. It would be REALLY REALLY useful to be able to have an idea of the number of files and folders and the totoal file size of everything caontianed within a SPO Doc Library folder. Especially good when looking to move folders between sites. Kknowing it contains 176 files and is 1.13GB is size helps to know if the folder can actually be moved. We all know that moving any thing more than a smal number or size of files will result in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reliable Moving and Copying of large blocks of files and folders between SPO sites

The whole point of the cloud, is to be able to store and use files in the cloud. I love what MS have done re SPO and o365 etc and have moved large quantities of files to SPO. The idea in principle is great. But once there, it can be a nightmare!!
    Everyone needs to move and copy files between sites, inc OneDrive. But moving anything more than a few small files is a TOTAL DISASTER. MS, please make fast and reliable moving and copying of files between site available and soon before all my clients give up on SPO…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base