SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Document Libraries SP2019 IE11

SharePoint 2019 only in combination with Internet Explorer has issues with switching from Modern Experience to Classic Experience and back to Modern Experience.
    When you do this actions the icons above the document library aren't correct.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Determination of file language

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ファイルの言語判定について
    Determination of file language

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリにアップロードしたファイルについて、日本語のファイルか、日本語以外の言語のファイルかの言語判定が、曖昧な動作をしているように思える。同じ操作で同じ内容で作成したファイルでも言語判定がわかれることがあるので、動作の精度を上げて欲しいのと、判定の基準のようなものがあれば公開して欲しい。

When files are uploaded to document libraries, files which are in Japanese are incorrectly identified as being in other languages, with no clear reason. There are cases where files with the same content created in the same way are determined to be in different languages, so please improve this function, and publish information about how the determination of file languages functions.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improving document library by enabling editing the view in Modern view

The form that we see in any document library in a modern view should be editable i.e., user should be able to add web parts in that page including images, headings,etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Tasks button(similar to Automate,Powerapps commands) to SharePoint Document Library

Allow the ability to create a planner task when a file is selected so that users can easily create and assign tasks from Document library view. It would be a really helpful way to notify the team about an document and create,assign a planner task from it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Toolbar of document librarys is not entirely responsive for 1366x768

When a file is uploaded to a document library with a client using the resolution 1366x768 the toolbar is not fully responsive and the most right button disappears until the file is completely uploaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Permission Levels as Options when Sharing a Folder

When a site visitor shares a folder to a non-member of a site, it would be very helpful if the Permission Levels are available for selection. This way, when the site owner receives the request for access, he/she will see right away the type of access needed. Instead of having to reach out to the requestor to clarify.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. details pane, Path attribute value, above Activity

In a document library, the information pane or details pane has, under the More details, a Type, Modified and Path attribute value displayed for an object, file or folder.
    These attributes, especially the Path attribute value, need to be moved to the top of the pane before the Activity list. Trying to use the Path 'Copy' feature is difficult when you have to scroll to the bottom of an Activity list that is busy and very long!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back the folder "Change New Button Order" option in Modern UI

Please! Bring back the folder "Change New Button Order" option in Modern UI. This option can display only a subset of content types attached to a library in a specific folder. This makes life easier for end user. Also the option enables you to set a default content type for all new content in a folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow files/folders to be moved or renamed without breaking sharing links

When sharing files and folders SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business should use a Guid based URL. I have learned that changing a user's UPN or even the name of a folder or file can break those links due to the URL format.

Box uses a unique folder or file id for all items and no matter if I move that file/folder or change the user's username the link does not break.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Concerning the links in invitation mails when external users of a SharePoint group are directly invited

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint グループに対して外部ユーザーを直接招待した際の招待メールのリンクについて
    Concerning the links in invitation mails when external users of a SharePoint group are directly invited

■Description(内容):
    サイト コレクションには権限を付与せずに、ドキュメント ライブラリなどに固有の権限を付与する場合、任意の SharePoint グループに対して外部ユーザーを直接招待し、当該ユーザー宛に届いた招待メールからリンクにアクセスいたしますと "申し訳ございません、アクセス許可がありません。" の画面が表示されます。
    そのため、現時点では、SharePoint グループではなく、ユーザーごとに権限を付与する必要がありますが、招待メールに記載されているリンクのアクセス先がサイト コレクションではなく、ドキュメント ライブラリに直接アクセス可能なリンクが表示されることが望ましいため、本機能の拡充を希望いたします。

In cases where one wants to grant specific permissions for a document library etc. without giving permissions for the site collection, having directly invited users external to the group, when those users click on the link in the invitation mail they are shown an error that “Sorry, you don’t have access”.
    Therefore, at present it is necessary to grant access permissions not to SharePoint group, but…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SharePoint 2016 & SPO New Folder Creation Bug - Title not set

In SharePoint 2016 & SPO (Perhaps also 2019) there is a New Folder Creation Bug - wherein Title is not automatically set to the Name value during creation.

However, if you rename the field, even without changing the value, and click "Save", it will properly set the Title.

This has been confirmed in SP 2016 and SP Online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Document Library: enable "copy field to clipboard" not only List but DocLib

*Japanese follows English

■Title(件名): Document Library: enable "copy field to clipboard" not only List but DocLib
    ドキュメントライブラリー: "フィールドをクリップボードにコピー"機能をリストだけではなくドキュメントライブラリーにも使えるようにしてほしい。

■Description(内容):
    Dear sirs,
    I have an idea for Document List.

At pre-Modern UI, we can easily copy and paste the metadata field. But At Modern UI, we cannot and it is not useful.
    Instead of it, we can use "copy field to clipboard" feature on List. But not on Document Library.
    It is very useful if we can use "copy field to clipboard" feature on Document Library.
    (To tell the truth, it is more better for me to deal as pre-Modern UI…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show classification of PDF files in Document Libraries

Document Libraries do not show the classification of PDF documents which are protected through Microsoft Information Protection. This works for Office documents, but most of our customers have many PDF documents that need protection. Currently, they cannot trust what they see in SharePoint as only Office files show their classification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Move sending user email to Bcc line when sharing sites to external users or to select a group email as the From address.

We have students create subsites and share document libraries to external users. We would like to hide the student emails after they share the subsite with an external email by either moving the user email address to the BCC line or selecting a custom FROM address/user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open various files directly in the desktop application

I would like to be able to open various files directly in the desktop application, not just office documents.
    Currently, you have to download it to open it in a desktop application, so you have to download it, edit it, and then upload it.
    BOX seems to be able to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow downloading of shared files

I have had many files shared with me via SharePoint online. These files come to me from external customers. Because I am not in the same tenant space as they are, I must sign in and am not part of the same security domain as they are. This makes sense. When I try to open a file from within my email, it takes me to SharePoint and tries to open the file within excel online. If the file is password protected, I cannot open it as it must be opened in local excel due to the password. When I try…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open links to items by clicking on them in the Quick Edit view of a document library

■Title(件名):
    ドキュメント ライブラリをクイック編集で開いた際に、アイテムへのリンクをクリックしてアイテムを開きたい。
    Open links to items by clicking on them in the Quick Edit view of a document library

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリをモダン UI で表示し、クイック編集の状態にするとアイテムへのリンクをクリックしてもアイテムが開かない。
    ドキュメント ライブラリを開いた際に列の編集が必須のため、既定でクイック編集の状態で開くように設定している。アイテムを開く際に毎回クイック編集を終了すると手間がかかるため、クイック編集の状態のままでアイテムを開けるように機能の拡充を要望します。

You cannot currently open links to items by clicking on the links in the Quick Edit state when viewing a document library in the Modern UI.
    Since we need to edit columns in document libraries, we have set Quick Edit as the default view. Since it causes extra work having to quit out of Quick Edit mode each time you want to open an item, please make it so that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Want to give users the access permission by each group folder in the SharePoint document library

It would be great if we could give users the access permission by each group folder of the different hierarchy level in the SharePoint document library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grouping the view with three or more levels in the SharePoint document library

It would be great if the grouping function of the view could allow us to group the view with three or more levels in the document library. Because the current grouping function can only group by the second level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. About linking items in notification emails in document libraries ドキュメント ライブラリの通知メールに表示される、アイテムのリンクについて

There is a link to the item in the body of the notification email, but the entire document library is displayed and it is difficult to see which item was added. I would like improvements so that I can access the items directly.

通知のメールの本文中に該当のアイテムのアクセスできるリンクがあるが、ドキュメン トライブラリ全体が表示され、どのアイテムが追加されたか分かりにくい。アイテムに直接アクセスができるように改善を希望します。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base