SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 設定について

詳細部分のプレビュー・プロパティ・その他の部分をカスタマイズできた方が便利。プレビューを主に見たい。アクセス権部分はその他の詳細の部分で良い。など使用者それぞれに好みがあると思いますので簡易的にドラッグとかで設定できればな。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the behavior when scrolling list type apps’ screen

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    リスト形式のアプリの画面におけるスクロールの動作について

Improve the behavior when scrolling list type apps’ screen

■Description(内容):
    アイテム数が多いリスト形式のアプリにおいて、アイテムを確認するために画面下部まで縦方向にスクロールを行うと、列名が表示されなくなる動作について、改善を要望します。
    画面下部まで縦スクロールしても、列名部分は動かないよう画面上部に固定するようにし、アイテム部分だけをスクロールするようにしてほしい。

I hope you to correct the behavior of list type apps which have many items. When scrolling the screen to the bottom to see all items, the column header will be hidden.

For improvement of usability and visibility, allow us to freeze the column header at the top of the screen while we scroll item part only.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. new member application form

Can we have a paper new member application form? as oppose to an online form

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. file size not showing

File size would be a helpful default column for SharePoint libraries. In my web version (in Chrome) I am not even seeing file size as an option to add. Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. High Res Thumbnail

Thumbnails currently look super low res. Allow auto thumbnails from high res material

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. column widht adjustment in browser.

It would be nice if the columns widht could be adjust just by dragging with mouse like in every other WIndows program. Especially the "name" -column.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View in Explorer for Edge

Make view with Explorer in document library to work with Edge

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Force Check in modern view

Please enable force check-in on the modern view. Currently SCAs and those with override list behaviour permissions must switch to classic view to force a check-in, the only option on modern is to discard the current check-out instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get Rid of "See All", make default

Hello,
    The "See All" button should be the default. There is no obvious reason for it to be otherwise, and it is painful to have to go through your directory again when you click "See All".

Another recommendation is when copying or moving a file, the program should start in the current directory. Drag and drop would be great as well.

A third recommendation is to be able to drag a file from SharePoint to email, as a file or a link, user's choice.

Thank you,
    Ed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wider NAME Field

The NAME Field needs to be wider as there is not sufficient width to identify files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase width of Name column in the Site Contents list

Site contents list - it must be possible to make the Name column wider! We have lots of document Archives under the owner site and finding the Archive you are looking for when you can just see a little bit of the name is unnecessary difficult.
    Same problem if I chose to display Site Contents in the quick menu.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grafisk profil och masterdokument

Vi skulle vilja ha våra egna mallar för word och powerpoint som masterdokument så att oavsett var i Sharepoint vi är ska vi kunna skapa dokument som matchar vår grafiska profil.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide an option to choose from either permissions inheritance or unique permissions when creating list/library

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    リストやライブラリを作成する際に、権限を継承するか固有の権限を設定するかの選択が可能な機能の実装

Provide an option to choose from either permissions inheritance or unique permissions when creating list/library

■Description(内容):
    サイトコレクションを構築する際に、大量のリストまたはライブラリを作成した後に、固有の権限を設定すると工数がかかるので、権限を継承するか固有の権限を設定するかの選択が可能な機能の実装を希望します。

For improvement of usability and manageability, provide the option to choose setting from either Permissions Inheritance or Unique Permissions when creating list/library.

There are just too many steps to take if we assign Unique Permissions after creating huge lists/libraries while configuring site collections.

Thank you for your consideration.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix broken shared link for non-office 365 files

Moving or renaming a non-Office file breaks sharing links. If I share a PDF and then rename it, the link created does not work anymore. User gets a 404 not found. This is the basics of sharing being able to create a link that will work until a the file is deleted or I remove permissions. It works for Office files but not the others

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix is locked for shared use

For whatever reasons, when working with files, I get the "is locked for shared use by" message when trying to move a file. And I am the one locking the file... How can I lock the file myself ? I run no flows, I have only shared the file to the user. Those kind of issues are very annoying and very specific to SharePoint mysteries. End users don't understand those messages. After a while the lock seems released.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Modified Date

It would be helpful if the Modified Date listed the date the publication was last updated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize view per folders

"Customize view per folders".

There are various documents needed with specific information in one place. While we can divide them into tree structure (folder hierarchies), create different Views, these views don't apply to required folders by default, which would facilitate navigation.

Also distinguishing required fields (columns) between folders in the same manner as views would make sense too.

Use case. All documents about product on one Teams site on two channels.
    1. as folders hierarchy about pricing with required field (column) on regions - different price per countries.
    2. about digital content availability per product flavors (required), content per each…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. onedrive link

Please make a onedrive link to the documents in a group

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Approval to delete

Approval to delete Library Items/docs

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Accessibility

Hello. I've been working on accessibility for Higher Education courses, including PowerPoint slides, and I've noticed that our internal slide templates do not meet WCAG standards for accessibility. So that our internal processes mach the commitment we have made to the market, would you be willing to redesign these templates so that they meet accessibility standards? The slides can be just as attractive. Our visual design team has been a great resource for us.

Thank you,
    Barbara Heaney

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base