Sites and Collaboration

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responsive design

The mobile views are not a solution, so many customers turn to custom design, but I would rather a responsive design be built into SharePoint.

1,120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Cross site collection navigation

Current term set based solution is not usable at all in real life multi site collection scenarios.

562 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This one came back up to our attention recently. We aren’t yet ready to say we are working on it, but we are considering various ideas for global cross site collection navigation and “meg-menus.” In the meantime, we are also making sure the PnP site has great examples and all available APIs are well documented for building this (e.g. it came to our attention recently there was a set of taxonomy APIs that could help but could be documented better.) Stay tuned!

• Full integration of SharePoint calendar with Outlook calendar

Allow custom fields in SharePoint calendar available to view and update from Outlook

258 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          thinking about it  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Novosibirsk time zone

We have issue inside our SharePoint On-Premise farm.

Time Zone for Novosibirsk should be (UTC +07:00) but we still have (UTC +06:00) -> even if we install latest CU.

When we check server timezone - looks OK.

I think issue occurs globally because even on SharePoint Online we observe this issue.

I have info from MS side that only SharePoint Server 2013 RTM version is OK (shows UTC +07:00)

Do you know how when U can fix it ? It's product bug....

72 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • timestamp Excel survey

add timestamp feature to Excel surveys

51 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Introduce markdown syntax for authoring content

As a systems engineer/developer, I love the office 365/sharepoint platform. The one thing that's stops me from using it for everything is the lack of a productive way to generate content.

Editing content in the UI is horrendously slow and painful, I just want to be able to author content quickly with markdown syntax, and publish my content/documentation quickly and easily.

What's microsofts standpoint on this? Am i the first to request this? (i highly doubt i'm the only one who wants this...)

Cheers,

Morgan

38 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                thinking about it  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability for administrators to disable office online chat

We have shared class notebooks setup enabling classes of 30+ students free range to chat to each other. As you can imagine teachers are finding this hard to manage, especially when they're off task inside of a program where work is also taking place; making it incredibly easy for the sneaky students to hide their off topic discussions!

Furthermore the chat logs are not saved anywhere - this really does open up a host of child protection issues where cyber bullying could take place within the school without any logs of it ever happening.

37 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Support for moving subsites to recycle bin in CSOM

At present Micosoft.Sharepoint.Client library supports moving Lists and Folders to Recycle bin using the .Recycle() function but The Web class does not have something similar.

The SPWeb.Recycle is only available to Server Object Model. Is there a possibility of the functionality getting extended to CSOM in the near fut

31 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • promoted sites loss of audience targeting links

The new landing page for the Sharepoint button has lost the ability to create a new landing page for promoted sites and then add audience targeting to those links.

or have a landing page or let us admins configure where the sharepoint button goes to. At present there isnt any flexibility there.

30 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Make "Sites" in Office Save As show all available SharePoint sites

When saving as in Office desktop apps (Excel etc.) you can link to a SharePoint team site. However, if you are a member of multiple sites there is no user-friendly way to navigate all of these sites through this link. For SharePoint installations with multiple sites this is clunky, you have to find the URL of the site you want and insert it in the address bar.

The functionality should be that when you click Save As -> "Sites - [company name]" it should show you a list of all available sites, then you can navigate to the sub-site/library of…

24 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Bring Back Script Editor Web Part in "Modern" SharePoint

The Script Editor Web Part has been replaced by the Content Editor (which does a very limited iframe) and the new SPFX stuff. I am not a developer, but knowledgeable in HTML, Javascript, CSS. The SEWP met some very complex use cases (targeted for replacement by SPFX), but also some very simple use cases.

Example: Insert a formatted single HTML button, something that is big, draws attention, and encourages the user to click it to start an action.

What might be just 2 lines of code, has now turned into (what looks like) hundreds of files of deployment, installing all…

24 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow the classic experience for SharePoint home page's search results as a default option instead of the modern UI

We like the new modern SharePoint home page in O365, however the search results page off the home page is sub-optimal. The page doesn't allow customizations or branding, and doesn't support a number of technologies found in the classic page, most by default, such as refiners, Yammer search, relevancy sorting options, language specification, profile matches, etc. We've invested lots of time in search customization and improvement as well and would like to ensure we can surface our work (as well as the out-of-the-box capabilities) by default -- without users having to click the "Switch to Classic" link each time they…

23 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Make it possible to attach a link to a SharePoint file in Outlook 2016 without breaking permissions inheritance

In Outlook 2016, when you add a SharePoint file as an attachment to an email, the file it is attached as an edit link, which automatically breaks the permissions inheritance when the recipient opens the file (even if he or she already had access to it). You have the option to send the attachment as a view link, which also breaks the inheritance or as a copy, but it is not possible to attach the file as a direct/restricted link. This means that it is not possible to attach a link to a document in Outlook 2016 without breaking the…

23 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • SharePoint 2013 workflow email to distribution list

I found out after contacting Microsoft Support that you are not able to use the "Send Email" action in SharePoint 2013 Designer to send the email to a distribution list (group type of distribution or security). In order to send an email in a SharePoint workflow to a distribution list (allmanagers@company.com), you have to use a SharePoint 2010 workflow.

I was informed that SharePoint 2013 workflows can only send emails to organization users.

Please allow the ability to send to a distribution list within the GAL/org. This is a very common request so changes in recipients do not…

22 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow external users to upload files

It is important to my business to exchange files with my customers. Often I need them to upload files. They can only do so if they have an MS account. This shouldn't be necessary. I shouldn't have to require my customers to either create a MS account or use their personal accounts to do business with me. I should be able to give anyone I wish permission to have access to a folder in my OneDrive which allows them to upload, download, view, edit, ect., etc. all the files within the folder I've granted them access to. I shouldn't need…

20 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Provide an option to sync shared folders to hard drive

Clicking to "OneDrive for Business" and then to "Shared with Everyone" is cumbersome and unintuitive, especially for users coming from Google Drive and Dropbox.

Please make it so that I can add shared folders to my "OneDrive for Business" folder itself. It breaks flow to separate my files from shared files like that, with no way of combining them. (In GDrive, this option is called "Add to My Drive": https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375057?hl=en) Thank you!

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • PDF preview

Please do make the preview of pdf files possible again, it is really frustrating that I have to download pdf files so that I can review them.

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow easy management of "Add an app" page (addanapp.aspx)

Make it possible to administer the way how "apps" are displayed in the "Add an app" page (addanapp.aspx).

x Possibility to add to noteworthy part even for list templates from the site template gallery
                                      x Possibility to hide default apps like document library (as we have a custom library template containing meta data)
                                      x Order of the apps displayed

THX

18 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Bring back the ability to view an aggregate of all tasks assigned across multiple sites

One of the main reasons our company went with SharePoint in the first place was to view and manage tasks for multiple projects in one place. Since taking the "My Tasks" pages away, our users no longer have the ability to see all tasks assigned to them across multiple sites. This makes SharePoint almost useless to us. Especially since they can't even sync their tasks with Outlook. We've seen our SharePoint adoption plummet as users are looking to other tools to manage tasks. Bring back "My Tasks" or provide another solution!

17 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Create a new webpart for modern pages for blog(s)

I would love to see a webpart where you can add one or more users to so that it will show blog(s) from one or more users. This would be very useful when a team wants to add blogs by the team lead or all the blogs of the team members.

17 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base