SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search Option

Please enable search option as per earlier version , current screen its difficult to select/find the change request number

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. security inheritance

Allow both local permissions and inherited permission son an object.

The same way both Windows file server and every other product on the market works.

Sharing a document with someone should not break that objects security inheritance this causes huge pains in SharePoint and removing inheritance should only be something that is done on a small number of items for specific reasons rather than a requirement for every item that might be shared.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I prefer classic sharepoint

I really don't like the new theme.

I much prefer the original sharePoint theme. It is very hard to tell folders from files in the new theme. The flat colors make everything blend.

I also don't like that it becomes harder to copy a link to share. Dropbox lets you right click and copy the link. If you use your new theme, you have to click multiple times, select a link type and all kinds of stuff just to share a link.

This is why I'm still using the classic style using the "Return to classic sharepoint" but sharepoint seems…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix sharepoind/onedrive for business sync problems

please make sharepoint/onedrive sync as stable as dropbox is. I constantly hang on sync and have had to stop sync, then setup new sync 3 times in 2 months. NEVER have this problem with dropbox...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create short links by default

Make short links by default so that humans can read them out over the phone or copy and paste them with confidence.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability for administrators to disable office online chat

We have shared class notebooks setup enabling classes of 30+ students free range to chat to each other. As you can imagine teachers are finding this hard to manage, especially when they're off task inside of a program where work is also taking place; making it incredibly easy for the sneaky students to hide their off topic discussions!

Furthermore the chat logs are not saved anywhere - this really does open up a host of child protection issues where cyber bullying could take place within the school without any logs of it ever happening.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize SharePoint Sites Page

Give users the ability to customize this landing page. For example, I would like to see all of the sites I am following instead of just my frequent ones or suggested ones. I know there is a search box, which I sometimes utilize, but it's not very noticeable so I forget it's there. Also, what's the difference between "Frequent" sites and "Recent" sites listed on the left? Seems redundant to me yet there are different sites listed? Doesn't make that much sense to me. Thank you.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attached files Outlook -> Sharepoint

At the moment I can not drag attached files from outlook directly to the work area at the webpage. I need to download the file to my computer and then upload it. Kind of frustrating...

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase file size limit on excel online for office 365

Increase ExcelWorkbookSizeMax for Office 365 Excel Online

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable the Export to Excel feature in SharePoint 2010 so that it works with O365 Excel 2016 for Mac

Enable the Export to Excel feature in SharePoint 2010 so that it works with O365 Excel 2016 for Mac

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Features Not Functioning

why are features still not available?? are you still migrating all into O365???

Error: "Something went wrong"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy the Link

In the classic SharePoint it was posible to copy the name of the file and paste it in a e-mail and automatically the hyperlink was copied. The new method is more inefficient with higher time Consuming

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Select the default language of automatically created sites

I would like to select the default language of automatically created sites.

Default language of My Site(included OD4B) depends on default language of "My Site host", and that depend on the language used when tenant was created.  As a result My Site(included OD4B) may be unintentional language settings. I would like to be able to change the language of any sites.

Currently we have some issues.

e.g. Cannot change the language of my alert on OneDrive for Business.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mulitple Folder Upload

I can't seem to upload folders of documents, so I have to create folders and then upload the files in batches. It would be much quicker to upload a whole batch of folders.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide ability for user to clear frequent sites and activity on their SharePoint page

Provide ability for user to clear frequent sites and activity on their SharePoint page.

681 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  113 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New View from classic

Please can you give us the option to switch back to the new view when we switch it to classic

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See all sites where i have permissions

I want to have an overview of all the sites where I have permissions. Not only for recent and sites I'm following.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow us to change default name for sender field in send an email activity SPD workflow

Once we are using workflow in SharePoint Designer to send an email on a list items on SharePoint Online, it will send an email to use. There is a default sender name (which is site name) and default sender email address (which is no-reply@sharepointonline.com). we need to be able to change "default email sender name" as site name doesn't make sense for those who receive it.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow editors to change the orientation of an image **in the browser**

It would be great if editors could rotate/flip pictures within the browser in SharePoint Online (in both O365 and the upcoming SharePoint mobile app).

Scenario: We have many field users who access SPO from mobile devices and in the course of their work take pictures which they need to upload into SPO. EXIF data is not utilized when uploading pictures from a mobile device into either document libraries or picture libraries.

I have tried uploading pictures from both Android and iOS devices, into both picture and document libraries, and viewing them in FF, IE and Safari. In each scenario, the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SharePoint 2013 workflow email to distribution list

I found out after contacting Microsoft Support that you are not able to use the "Send Email" action in SharePoint 2013 Designer to send the email to a distribution list (group type of distribution or security). In order to send an email in a SharePoint workflow to a distribution list (allmanagers@company.com), you have to use a SharePoint 2010 workflow.

I was informed that SharePoint 2013 workflows can only send emails to organization users.

Please allow the ability to send to a distribution list within the GAL/org. This is a very common request so changes in recipients do not…

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base