SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users who can approve list items to edit them regardless of their settings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    リストのアイテムを承認するユーザーは、設定内容に関係なく編集可能とする
    Allow users who can approve list items to edit them regardless of their settings

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のリストにおいて、投稿したアイテムを承認する設定を行っている場合、内部の設定内容に関わらず "承認者" はアイテムの編集が行えるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

In SharePoint Online lists, when posted items are set to require approval, please make it possible for the “Approver” of a posted item to edit these items regardless of their internal settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function to show warnings etc. when adding list items

■Title(件名):
    リスト アイテム登録時に注意事項などを表示する機能
    Function to show warnings etc. when adding list items

■Description(内容):
    リストにアイテム登録時に、確認事項や注意事項などのポップアップを表示、または画面上に任意の文字色で注意事項を表示する機能の実装を希望します。

Please add a way to display pop ups for confirmation or giving warnings, or to display warnings in arbitrary text colors on the screen when users are adding items to a list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About the list web part

■Title(件名):
    リスト Web パーツについて
    About the list web part

■Description(内容):
    リスト Web パーツで、別サイト コレクションの情報を表示させ、Web パーツ上のリスト上で列名の変更や、列の表示非表示を設定できる機能拡張を希望します。

Please make it possible to display information from another site collection in a list web part, and to change column names and column show/hide settings from the web part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save modern list as template

Please provide Microsoft supported feature for "Save as a template" with or without content for modern lists and modern sites. This feature was previously in 2007, 2010, 2013 and I believe 2016 via the Publishing feature. It seems to not be recommended any longer or error prone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Importing spreadsheet: enable hyperlink on texts

If you import spreadsheet including hyperlinked texts, those hyperlinks won’t work. They will be URL format. Please enable hyperlinked texts in spreadsheet to be imported as-is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a way to change the background color of columns and individual list items in custom lists

■Title(件名):
    カスタム リストの列名と各リスト アイテムの背景色を変更する機能の追加を希望します。
    Add a way to change the background color of columns and individual list items in custom lists

■Description(内容):
    モダン UI であれば列の書式設定にて特定列のリスト アイテムの背景色を変更することが可能です。
    しかしながら、列名およびクラシック UI のリスト アイテムは既定の機能で背景色を変更することができません。
    モダン UI、クラシック UI ともに列名とリスト アイテムの背景色を変更する機能の拡充を希望します。

運用背景)
    カスタム リストの項目ごとに入力する担当者が異なります。
    担当者ごとに項目の色を変更することで入力する列が判別しやすくなり、視覚的にもわかりやすくなると考えています。

In the modern UI, it is possible to change the background color of list items in specific columns from the formatting settings.
    However, you cannot change the background color for column names or classic UI list items.
    Please make it possible to change the background colors of both column names and list items in both the modern and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide a bulk list loader that actually works

When migrating large lists into an SPO site for the first time, or doing large-scale maintenance on a list (e.g. loading a new section into a data dictionary or glossary list) there is currently no tool available in Modern Lists to process a data upload like this. The current "Create a List from Excel" is crippled by a ludicrously low row-limit and offers no options to configure the throttling row-count. Neither does it offer an "append" option.
    Instead we are forced to rely on dodgy PowerAutomate scripts which have to be tailored to an individual list each time they are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please enable Lookup columns to select multiple values as Choice columns do

We used to have the option to select multiple values from a Lookup results drop-down, just as Choice columns can, but this seems to have been disabled in Modern Lists.

Please reenable the multiple selection option for Modern List Lookup columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable Duplicate value suppression in a List view when there is no qualifying column visible

If I have a List which has rows including a classification column and a detail column, and I have a view of the list which shows only the classification values, I should be able to choose to suppress duplicate classifications appearing when I have no qualifying detail, but it appears this is not possible.

This annoying feature prevents a List from being filtered easily by a self-view which has only category/classification values in it. We have to make the categories/classifications a separate list. It also means I get filter values (from my separate list) which may have no details for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an option to filter Lookup column selections based on another column in the current list

Please modify the Lookup Column definition to add a new configuration option, after the "In this column" option, and before the "Add a column" config, as follows:

Filtered by:
    [name of another column in the current list as filter]
    + [optional name of a 2nd column to filter on]

Where the + next level filter is specified, a dynamic (next+1) option should be offered automatically as soon as the next level filter field name is entered.

The results displayed in the filtered drop-down lookup list should be filtered as AND(Filter1, Filter2, Filter3,...) where the filter values are (a) specified in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reflect column formatting in Microsoft Lists Gallery View

In Microsoft Lists, we can easily apply column formatting using conditional formatting or using JSON in Advanced mode which works successfully for the compact and list views. but I noticed that when switching the view to the gallery view, the column formatting is never applied!

It would be great to be able to reflect the same formatting on the gallery view as well!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Modify +New Button on SharePoint Online List

I will like to modify the "+New" button in the SharePoint online list/library page to something else. e.g. + New Bug; + Add Incident

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello All, In sharepoint, I have created list of issue tracker in which issue status is Open & Closed. Need your help to make this status co

Hello All,
    In sharepoint, I have created list of issue tracker in which issue status is Open & Closed.
    Need your help to make this status column read only if it's in closed state and how to create closed date/time column with condition i.e when we save status= Closed then closed date column become read only and close date/time =Now() automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Images aren’t displayed in expanded rich text in the modern UI

■Title(件名):
    モダン UI だと拡張リッチテキストで画像が表示されない
    Images aren’t displayed in expanded rich text in the modern UI

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint モダン UI にてリストで複数行列 (拡張リッチテキスト) に画像を保存したあと、リスト一覧に戻ると保存した画像が表示されない。
    クラシック UI から保存した画像はリスト一覧に戻ると画像が表示される。
    クラシック UI に変更することなくモダン UI で画像を表示できるようにしてほしい。

If you save an image to a multi-row (expanded rich text) column in a list, in the SharePoint modern UI, when you return to the entire list the image is not displayed.
    If you go back to it having saved it from the classic UI then it is shown correctly.
    Please make it possible to have these show without requiring you to switch to the classic UI.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easier way to manage alerts on lists

Housekeeping alerts on list takes too long. You can go into Ste Settings and User Alerts but then have to go into each person listed (and we have 100s on some of our Team Sites) via a dropdown and click Update just to see whether there are any alerts for an individual and if there are which lists they are for. It would save so much time if when we have the list open that we want to review alerts for, there was a way to Manage all Alerts for that list (all I get is Set Alert and Manage…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please pop up a warning message when a user tries to bulk delete items in the folder

I as an admin would like to prevent multiple items get deleted by mistake. It would be great if any warning pop-up will be prompted when someone tries to delete multiple items at once. This final warning message may prevent a mistake.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to search among multiple choice options for multiple selection items set in list columns

■Title(件名):
    リストの列に設定した選択肢の項目を複数選択されている状態で、選択肢名のキーワードでアイテムの検索を行うことが可能な機能の実装
    Make it possible to search among multiple choice options for multiple selection items set in list columns

■Description(内容):
    リストの列に設定した選択肢から項目を選択している場合、単独で選択された選択指名で検索すると該当するアイテムを検索することができるが、選択肢にて複数の項目が選ばれているアイテムの場合、選択肢名で検索が行えないので、複数追加されているアイテムでも名称で検索が行えるようにする機能の実装を希望

When choosing options in a multiple choice column in a list, it is possible to search for specific items when only one is specified, but when multiple options are selected for an item, you cannot search by names of options, so please make this possible in this case, too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. “Number of likes” is not shown in gallery mode

■Title(件名):
    ギャラリー モードで "「いいね!」 の数" が表示されない
    “Number of likes” is not shown in gallery mode

■Description(内容):
    現行の動作では、Lists の「いいね!」 の数は、ギャラリーモードでは表示されません。
    ビューの切り替えを行う工数がかからないよう、ギャラリーモードで表示した際もいいねの数が表示されるように機能拡充を希望します。

Under the current behavior, the number of ‘Likes’ for a list is not displayed in gallery mode.
    Since it takes work to switch views, please make it so that this information is shown in gallery mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support custom property in Excel for the web

With SharePoint list and Excel association, I’m using PowerAutomate to update columns and custom property to change value in the cell automatically. However, the change won’t reflected in Excel for the web. I would like Excel for the web to support custom property and reflect value.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multiline text fields

I can no longer see multiline text fields when I click on a list item. I see it if I select the item but not if I click on it or if I select Edit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base