SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Listen lesbarer machen

Ich mag Kontraste. Kontraste erhöhen die Lesbarkeit.

Kann man die Schriftfarbe der Listen dunkler machen?

Kann man die Zeilen durch Rahmen oder wechselnde Schattierung abgrenzen?

Kann man die Spaltenbreite bei Gesamtaufwand (h), Anfrage vom, Angebotsnr. cc|erp usw. verkleinern, um am Bildschirm mehr hilfreiche Spalten zu sehen?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove hidden column from quick edit

When you have set certain columns to not be visible within the new or edit form, you are still able to modifiy these columns by setting them in your view and then quick edit the view.
    Please remove these columns in order to let the user experience the same editable fields

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show document Name in list field lookups

When linking a sharepoint list field to a document library, we need a method to be able to select the "name" field of the document library. At the moment we can only return the Title, which when navigating is to select the linked document shows nothing as folders and documents dont have "title" by default.

Also need the ability to select the root folder.

Trying to build an index (list) that cross references projects with documents and without this it is very hard - almost impossible

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Append-Only Comments field on a Modern UI list doesn't preserve a Modern UI list edit and view experience

When adding an Append-Only comments field on a list with the Modern UI, changes the New, Edit and View form to the classic form experience. Removing the Append-Only Comments field, reverts the list back to a Modern UI list form experience.

It would be good to incorporate the Modern Comments ability to a list item as a setting to enable Comments on the list items which behave like the modern Comments in SPO.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the variable display in the calculated column of a list, depending on date and time.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):リストの集計値列にて日時によって可変表示を行えるようにしたい

Enable the variable display in the calculated column of a list, depending on date and time.

■Description_JP (内容):"NOW" 関数や "TODAY" 関数を組み合わせた条件式を作成した場合、日付列として条件の計算を行う動作とならないため、可変での制御が行えない。そのため日時においても条件の計算を行うことをできるよう機能拡充の要望をします。

In case I create the conditional expression combined with "NOW" and "TODAY" functions, I am unable to control it variably since the behavior does not indicates the conditional calculation as a date column. Therefore, I hope the relevant feature to be expanded so as to calculate any condition.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Missing total column

The total / count and sum are missing in the new UI, this is really usefully for get actual figures in seconds.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add approve/reject multiple documents and items in Modern Libraries and Lists

In the new list and document libraries, there are no way to approve multiple documents at once. In the classic view, the button Approve/Reject is available in the ribbon, so you can select multiple items and approve them all.

I suggest to add a button in the new menubar with the option to approve/reject items or documents. This button must be visible when you select multiple items in the "Pending" state.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prioritize large list management in SharePoint Online

Large list management has to become a priority. Even with the most thought out and careful planning, inevitably something will come up and you need to make a change to a list or library. Once that goes over 5,000 items, it becomes impossible to do anything management related to the list, which actually hinders it's use. Users can continually add files, but you can't do anything to help them.

This has to be addressed in some fashion, whether it is allowing APIs like REST and CSOM to bypass this restriction so they can perform basic administrative operations or giving us…

454 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I’m happy to announce that the ability to add indexes to lists of any size is available to SharePoint Online customers as of March 2018. You can now go to “Indexed columns” in List or Library Settings page, and add indexes even if your list has more than 5,000 items. For up to 20,000 items, the indexing should be near instantaneous. For lists with more than 20,000 items, indexing will use a background process and may take some time, usually minutes, but possibly longer if there are a lot of items and if SharePoint is busy serving other requests. Similarly, you are also able to remove indexes that you no longer need.

We are continuing to work on making larger lists work better, so we will keep this item open. Please don’t hesitate to send feedback if you are running into issues while managing your large lists, and…

9. Upload Image in Picture Column Type

It would be great if lists allowed you to upload images on the picture column, bit of a pain always linking it up.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement the Character input restrictions for the discussion board.

■Title(件名):ディスカッション掲示板において、投稿タイトルへの文字入力制限の実装を希望します。

Implement the Character input restrictions for the discussion board.

■Description(内容):
    ディスカッション掲示板において、投稿のタイトルに "%" や "&" などの記号を使用すると、返信をする際にエラー発生や動作が不安定になり業務上運用が難しいため、文字の入力制限の実装を希望します。

When using the discussion board, if the user enters the specific symbol such as "%" or "&" to the title of posts, the error occurs and it makes the behavior unstable with the replying. Hence, we have a difficulty in using the discussion board in our operations at present.

Therefore, we would like you to implement the Character input restrictions to suggest unusable characters for the users.

Thank you for your continued support.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Total count top of the list not working

Add Total Count to top of the list

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. implement the feature enabling to modify the value of ID column.

■件名 : カスタム リストのID列の値を変更できるようにして欲しい

■内容: カスタム リスト現時点の動作では、ID 列の値は、アイテムが投稿された順番に 1 から始まる整数の連番で表示され、一度設定された既存のアイテムのID値は変更できない状況です。運用上、不便であるため変更できる機能を実装してほしい。

I am currently aware of the behavior of custom list that I am unable to make any changes for the ID column value of existing item once set since its column shows only the serial integer numbers started with 1 in order of posted items. Considering our business operation, I feel it inconvenient if I would be unable to change the ID value of the previous item once set, and therefore I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to modify it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable voting on "Likes" in actual item screen even after clicking the items.

■Title(件名): カスタム リストにて、アイテムをクリック後に「いいね!」の操作を可能にしてほしい

Enable voting on "Likes" in actual item screen even after clicking the items.

■Description(内容):
    現在カスタム リストへアクセスし、アイテム一覧画面にて、「いいね!」の操作が可能だが、アイテムをクリック後は、「いいね!の数」が表示され、「いいね!」の操作が出来ない。
    アイテムをクリック後でも、「いいね!」の操作が出来るよう、機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, I recognize that "Likes" Posting is possible at Screen of the Item list of the first layer when accessing the Custom list. After that, the Number of Likes will be displayed automatically after clicking on the item and the user cannot click "Likes" from the pages.

In order to improve usability, I hope the feature to be implemented that enables voting on "Likes" even after clicking the items. (in actual item screen)

Thank you for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable me to restrict the number of displayed items along with a modern UI.

■件名 : 新 UI では [表示するアイテム] にてアイテム数を制限しても全件表示される

■内容: [ビューの編集] より、[アイテムの制限] - [表示するアイテム] をライブラリまたはリストに存在するアイテム数より小さく設定した際に、従来の UI では指定したアイテム数で表示されるが、新 UI では ライブラリまたはリストに存在するアイテム全件が表示されるため、新 UI でも表示するアイテム数の制限ができるようにしてほしい。

In case of setting of the [Item Limit] - [Item to Show] through [Edit View] as fewer than the number of items in a library or list, I am able to show exactly the same lists as the specified number of items within a classic UI. However, I can only display all of the items in the library or list in a modern UI, and therefore I hope I will be able to restrict the number of items…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cacluate total values

When on SharePoint Online, and coming up to the sum in the data list view. Example: one column has item sales price, another has quantity sold, another has cost to make, last sales tax. I like to make a column that will tell me the profit of that item for that day of everyday for that month. So when I set the sum for the total field, it would actually some me, instead of it being blank and I have to go through a 12 step process to view the totals.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New Experience - People & Groups columns should show picture (& status)

In the classic experience, when chosen the column type 'Person or group' to show Picture or Name+picture+status this worked as expected. In the New experience, all columns of this type show the name with hover property to see the ID card of this person, while groups don't show anything.

For the status, I understand that with the multiple-platform vision it's possible that this will never return.
    But for the pictures, it should at least show as expected.

Also: if a group is chosen, the option to display all members without popup would also be a good feature

thx
    A.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DisableGridEditing and NavigateForFormsPages commands missing in CSOM

Please make the commands DisableGridEditing and NavigateForFormsPages for Lists available in CSOM.

Otherwise it is not possible to set "Allow items in this list to be edited using Quick Edit?" and "Launch forms in a dialog?" programmatically.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "My Requests"

Please provide a quick filter for "My Requests" or even a history of "My Requests". Right now, its pretty challenging to make edits to an already submitted request.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open in Another Tab/Window

Give the option of opening up a list item in another Tab and/or Window.
    Currently I don't have it as an option. I used to!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. attachment

Please allow multiple files drag and drop as attachments in list instead of adding each item by item.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base