SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable join lists

Enable in SharePoint Online creating and maintaining a join list between two lists to accommodate many to many relationships

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Append-Only Comments field on a Modern UI list doesn't preserve a Modern UI list edit and view experience

When adding an Append-Only comments field on a list with the Modern UI, changes the New, Edit and View form to the classic form experience. Removing the Append-Only Comments field, reverts the list back to a Modern UI list form experience.

It would be good to incorporate the Modern Comments ability to a list item as a setting to enable Comments on the list items which behave like the modern Comments in SPO.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modern experience for Task lists

Half our lists are not normal lists but task lists. Often both normal lists and task lists are combined in themed processes with lookups.

It would be really great if the task lists can also switch to the modern experience. It is getting really annoying now to have a mixture of classic and modern experience within the same site/for a single process. Specially for the end user there is need in consistency. Also to introduce the modern experience properly it is much better when a total site can be changed at once and not only a few apps.

828 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enable me to restrict the number of displayed items along with a modern UI.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : 新 UI では [表示するアイテム] にてアイテム数を制限しても全件表示される

■内容: [ビューの編集] より、[アイテムの制限] - [表示するアイテム] をライブラリまたはリストに存在するアイテム数より小さく設定した際に、従来の UI では指定したアイテム数で表示されるが、新 UI では ライブラリまたはリストに存在するアイテム全件が表示されるため、新 UI でも表示するアイテム数の制限ができるようにしてほしい。

In case of setting of the [Item Limit] - [Item to Show] through [Edit View] as fewer than the number of items in a library or list, I am able to show exactly the same lists as the specified number of items within a classic UI. However, I can only display all of the items in the library or list in a modern UI, and therefore I hope I will be able to restrict the number of items…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. implement the feature enabling to modify the value of ID column.

■件名 : カスタム リストのID列の値を変更できるようにして欲しい

■内容: カスタム リスト現時点の動作では、ID 列の値は、アイテムが投稿された順番に 1 から始まる整数の連番で表示され、一度設定された既存のアイテムのID値は変更できない状況です。運用上、不便であるため変更できる機能を実装してほしい。

I am currently aware of the behavior of custom list that I am unable to make any changes for the ID column value of existing item once set since its column shows only the serial integer numbers started with 1 in order of posted items. Considering our business operation, I feel it inconvenient if I would be unable to change the ID value of the previous item once set, and therefore I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to modify it.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export list to excel on OSX

Exporting a list to Excel is a crucial feature. In large mac environments, not having this prevents lists from being utilized at all

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Total and Sum are not working on the New Experience SharePoint Lists. We have many list that use Totals in the custom views.

Total and Sum are not working on the New Experience SharePoint Lists. We have many list that use Totals in the custom views.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable automatically displaying full-text of the "Multiline Text" column on the list item screen for Custom List via modern UI.

■件名: カスタム リストの新 UI にて、リスト アイテム画面の "複数行テキスト" 列の表示を自動的に全文表示したい。
    ■内容:
    カスタム リストの新 UI にて、リスト アイテム画面を表示した際、 "複数行テキスト" 列の内容が [すべて表示する] をクリックしないと全文表示されない。
    そのため、リスト アイテム画面を表示した際に内容がすぐに確認できず、非常に不便である。

従来の UI もいつまで利用可能か未定のため、カスタム リストの新 UI にて、リスト アイテム画面の "複数行テキスト" 列の表示を自動的に全文表示できるように機能の改善を要望します。

Enable automatically displaying full-text of the "Multiline Text" column on the list item screen for Custom List via modern UI.

I am aware of that the full text will not be displayed unless the content of the "Multiline Text" column is clicked "Show all" when displaying the list item screen in the new UI of the custom list by default. As a result, the user feels very inconvenient…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable current user filter to new list and modern page

In classic experience, we can add "current user" filter and link it to a web part (i.e. list itself or on a page where we can add the list).

To be able to use the new experience, I need to have this option available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unify the information between Exchange Online calendar and SharePoint Online calendar.

■件名: Exchange OnlineとSharePoint Onlineの予定表の連携について
    ■内容:
    現在、 Exchange Online の予定表を利用しているユーザーと SharePoint Online の予定表を利用しているユーザーがいる。
    そのため、Exchange Online の予定表とSharePoint Online の予定表を連携させて利用したい。

また、クライアントのOutlookを介さずにOffice 365 内で利用できるように機能を改善してほしい。

Unify the information between Exchange Online calendar and SharePoint Online calendar.

Currently, we have multiple users who use the Exchange Online calendar and the SharePoint Online calendar each.
    Therefore, I would like to use Exchange Online calendar and SharePoint Online calendar in conjunction with each other for increased usability.

I also hope the feature will improve to enable using within Office 365 without going through the client's Outlook.

Thank you for your continued support.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable hiding subtasks and displaying only the main task in the Task List by the default.

■件名: タスク リストにおいて、既定でサブ タスクを非表示にしたい。
    ■内容:
    タスク リストの利用において、メイン タスクのサブ タスクとして作成するべきところで、ユーザーがサブ タスクのサブとしてタスクを作成してしまことがある。
    タスク リストは既定でサブ タスクが表示される動作の為、サブタスクのしてにの下に並べるように表示させようとして誤ってサブタスクを作成している可能性がある。
    既定でサブ タスクを非表示であれば、ユーザーの誤操作を防ぐことができる可能性がある。

既定でサブ タスクを非表示とし、メイン タスクのみを表示できるようにしてほしい。

=====
    Enable hiding subtasks and displaying only the main task in the Task List by the default.

I am concerned about the user is creating tasks as a sub task of subtasks in the case of that the users are supposed to create as a subtask of the main task when using the task list. Since the subtasks are currently displayed in the task list, there is a possibility of erroneously creating a subtask when trying to display it…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add approve/reject multiple documents and items in Modern Libraries and Lists

In the new list and document libraries, there are no way to approve multiple documents at once. In the classic view, the button Approve/Reject is available in the ribbon, so you can select multiple items and approve them all.

I suggest to add a button in the new menubar with the option to approve/reject items or documents. This button must be visible when you select multiple items in the "Pending" state.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Database

Have a Object oriented page to show and make links for tables "Lists" so sharepoint will have a stronger relationship database experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search box

Search box like classic sharepoint library has

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Modern list experience: Fix filtering for Managed Metadata columns

the Sharepoint modern list experience is great, but incorrect filtering implementation for Managed Metadata columns prevents us from moving on to this new look.
    Symptom: when creating a list Filter based on a "Managed Metadata" column, the behavior is as follows:
    if the term set on which the Managed Metadata column is based on, contains more than 20 items, the user will have the ability to filter only on the first 20 items via checkboxes. All items in the term set beyond the 20th will be unavailable for filtering. This is because there is no ability to provide a filtering…

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide the increased the limit on the number of characters for the "URL" column of the Linked Apps.

I have noticed that the limit of the number of characters in the "URL" column of the Link application sets 255 characters by default. However, if the file or folder name is Japanese (double-byte), the URL becomes longer and easily exceeds the limit of the number of characters when registering the file in the Document Library as a Link destination. Therefore, I hope the feature will be increasing the limitation for the number of characters in "URL" column as soon as possible.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the function of sorting files through Mobile View in the Document library.

I assume there is no function of view creation for mobile devices currently. I really hope the function will be implemented to sort files through Mobile View in the Document library as well.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Modern Experience - Respect Library Setting "Open in client application"

When modern view is turned on and you click on the file name, it launches in Word Online. It does not respect the "Open in the client application."

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Experience - People & Groups columns should show picture (& status)

In the classic experience, when chosen the column type 'Person or group' to show Picture or Name+picture+status this worked as expected. In the New experience, all columns of this type show the name with hover property to see the ID card of this person, while groups don't show anything.

For the status, I understand that with the multiple-platform vision it's possible that this will never return.
    But for the pictures, it should at least show as expected.

Also: if a group is chosen, the option to display all members without popup would also be a good feature

thx
    A.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base