SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What happens when you move folders and files from a SharePoint team site document library in a web browser Web ブラウザー上で SharePoint チーム サイ

Currently, when moving an item in the document library of a SharePoint site, you have to click and decide multiple times to specify the destination folder.
    I would like to be able to customize the UI so that the destination folder can be registered so that the decision can be made more quickly.

現在、SharePoint サイトのドキュメント ライブラリのにてアイテムの移動をする際に、移動先のフォルダーを指定するために何回もクリックし決定しなければならない。
    よりクイックに決定できるように、移動先のフォルダーを登録できるような UI 上のカスタマイズができることを希望します。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easy file navigation and drill-down: follow link in same file viewer

When a file contains a link to another sharepoint file, it should be possible to open the link in the same file viewer window as the original document.

This would make it easy to use sharepoint and its file viewer as a documentation and process database where end-users can navigate and drill-down easily.

In that way, one could create an easy click-through set of Visio-process charts or documents, where linked subprocesses or subdocuments (which are also saved in the same document library) directly open in the same window.
    The links are set once by the administrator while the user can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. TopNavigation REST API to update Mega Menu in Modern Hub Site

When using the REST API to update the top navigation of a modern hub site, the change is not reflected in the mega menu. The change is successfully made in SharePoint, but does not show in the mega menu until the menu settings are opened and closed on the hub site home page. Speaking with Microsoft support this has been identified as an issue without current resolution.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ellipsis drop down menu should work with both mouse and keyboard

When there are too many links to display in the SharePoint site level navigation menu for a modern Communications site, an ellipsis with a drop down menu is displayed. When you move the mouse pointer from the ellipsis to one of the links in the drop down menu, the drop down menu disappears, making it impossible to navigate. The keyboard arrow keys work correctly, but using the mouse pointer should also work. Other places in SharePoint where a navigation menu is displayed for an ellipsis work with the mouse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When removing the Quick Launch from navigation, the SEARCH bar is also removed!

Separate the SEARCH function from the Quick Launch. I'd like to disable Quick Launch when switching from Seattle to Oslo look and feel but this also removes the SEARCH box. There is then no way to add back the SEARCH box via a web part or other OOTB method.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Disable Teams message from side navigation in SharePoint

It would be good to have an option to allow remove the Teams message from the bottom of the sidebar navigation in SharePoint sites with the aim of avoiding the creation of unnecessary teams.

Original post on tech community:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Delete-Teams-message-from-SharePoint-sites/m-p/507040/highlight/true#M29663

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mega Menus are great! We will also need the selected link CSS.

Mega Menu needs to have styles/CSS to see which nav item is the user on - selected link color

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add "Return to site" link on "All site settings" page

Nice product!
    In my site, when I click the settings icon and choose "Site Information", the sidebar opens, as expected. When I click in there on "View All Site Settings", the full-page list of settings appears, but there is no navigation to get back to my site. I can only hit the back button on the browser. So, my suggestion is to add a "Return to Site" link on the "All Site Settings" page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To make quick edit faster

When you it quick edit, it takes you back on top of the page and you have to find the line you were at. It would be a lot easier if it remembered the line I was at. Takes a while to go an find the right thing and that defeats the purpose of quick edit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possibility to add title URL to navigation

We are using title URL's a lot in, for example, quick links. Unfortunately, we have experienced that it is impossible to add the title URL to the site or hub navigation. The URL automatically changes to the page URL.

Please add this possibility.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep the side link bar expanded

If you add links under the side link bar, those sub links are hidden under the top level link. I would like those sub links to be always visible. Please keep the side link bar expanded.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Control how to open SPO page and content

Site, page link navigation is not standardized; some pages opens in the same window, some opens in the different tab even in the new window (content viewing experience varies depending on if it’s quick launch, highlighted content, or links). I would like those SPO content to be always opened in the same way, so I would request a feature to control how to open SPO page and content

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PDF VIEWER : control+ scroll to zoom & hand tool to pan

PDF VIEWER : control+ scroll to zoom & hand tool to pan

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. onedrive site contents link

In OneDrive sites, add a link to Site Contents to the modern experience setting menu, quick launch, or somewhere else convenient. Currently, you have to switch to classic experience to get this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ways to display multiple lines for Sharepoint Structured Navigation links

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Sharepointの構造化ナビゲーションのリンク先を複数行表示させる方法
    Ways to display multiple lines for Sharepoint Structured Navigation links

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint 構造化ナビゲーションのリンク先が一列しか表示させることができなく、スクロールしないと全体を確認することができないので、複数行表示させる機能があれば、全体が確認できるので機能の実装を希望します。
    Sharepoint Structured Navigation links can only be displayed on a single line, and the whole link cannot be checked without scrolling. If there is a feature to display multiple lines it will be easier for users to check the whole link, so we hope such a feature can be implemented.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't add bookmarks to site navigation

Although the text webpart now adds bookmarks automatically for H1, H2 and H3 headings. I can't create a navigation item to one of the bookmarks.

e.g. I have a section of text on a page called 'Scope', I format this as 'Heading 1' and the bookmark #scope is created. I can link to it using /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx#scope

But if i try to add...
    /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx#scope

...as a link in the site navigation, it strips out the #scope and just enters:
    /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx

Please add support for bookmarks in navigational links.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SharePoint link to direct to registered home site

If HomeSite is enabled on the tenant, I would like when a user clicks on SharePoint (O365 suite bar link) to guide the user to the portal site. Or have a PowerShell that I can set the SharePoint link with a specific URL. Also, from a mobile phone, the user sees on the top bar SharePoint and not the logo I placed from the admin center. How is the user going to get back to our tenant portal site (https://tenant.sharepoint.com/). I have to work around this by placing a link on each of the hub sites.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mega Menu links do not work in ie11

Mega Menu links do not work in ie11 but work in Chrome and Edge. Please fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. global navigation

Make global navigation optional for subsites. I can't get rid of the parent navigation with any of the available settings, and it looks like crap. Why don't you provide options instead of pushing your preferences down our throats??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Like the "Return to Classic Experience" option in Lists and Libraries. there should be an option return to Classic SharePoint from all Pages

Many Web Parts are missing in SharePoint Online New Version and the Classic Experience was much more handy and offered a lot more to developers and designers. So, there should be an option for returning to Classic Experience through all the pages in SharePoint.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base