SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Site Map

I don't know if it is already available, but it would be nice to have a site map.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide the Feedback Bar!

Hide this friggin' bar!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Liens promus

Un véritable plus pour définitivement abandonner les sites "ancienne version" serait de pouvoir insérer dans les pages des "tuiles" comme le font les listes de liens promus.
    Il est possible d'utiliser les bannières mais c'est insuffisant.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Affichage permanent des liens vers les sites

Un affichage permanent des sites consultés les plus régulièrement dans la barre supérieure de Sharepoint (entre le lanceur d'applications et la profile pic)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Accessibility Tweek In Top SharePoint menu

For better usability within accessibility, remove instructions for how to perform actions from the accessibility name properties and put them in the accessibility description properties.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Translate navigation links depending on dite selected language

In multilingual sites, when the users change the language, only the content of the page changes, but the navigations stays in the default language.
    It would be great if this could change as well to have a common language interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modern hub site mega-menu

Possibility to link modern hub site mega-menu with manage meta data term store

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show child menus in the mega menu without hovering over the option

If I want to see the child menus in the mega menu, I should keep the mega menu selected by hovering over the option. It is inconvenient, so I would like them to be shown without hovering over. Also, there are only three tiers that can be navigated on the navigation bar, I would like more tiers to be shown.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Behavior of the “blog navigator” and “right” regions in SharePoint blog site page templates

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint ブログ サイトのページ テンプレート内、"ブログ ナビゲーター" 領域および "右" 領域の動作について
    Behavior of the “blog navigator” and “right” regions in SharePoint blog site page templates

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint ブログ サイトにて投稿済みのブログ記事ページを編集した場合、"ブログ ナビゲーター" 領域および "右" 領域は、どのブログ記事でも同じ Web パーツが表示されるように動作している。
    そのため、ブログごとに配置する写真を変更することができない。
    利便性を高めるため、"ブログ ナビゲーター" 領域および "右" 領域を、ブログ記事ごとに制御できるよう、オプションの拡充を希望する。

On a SharePoint blog site, when editing a posted blog entry’s page, the “blog navigation” and “right” areas always show the same web page regardless of the blog entry.
    As a result it is not possible to change the photos placed on each blog.
    In order to make it more convenient to use, please add options for us…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix SharePoint Sync Shortcuts

If I create a shortcut in a synced library through Windows Explorer, I am the only person who is able to use that shortcut because the folder path includes my username. Is it possible to change this so that other people on my team that use this library can use shortcuts I create?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. breadcrum navigation

Breadcrum on the page is missing in the new experience. Simply jumping back to where you started on the company homepage is not possible anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tenant Native Gloabl Navigation

We need a solution which can work on a tenant wide bandwidth. Currently we have HUB Menus, Team Site Menus and Top Bar Team Menu for parent site. but we should be looking forward towards a solution for a HUB of HUB Menu or Global Tenant Wide Native Navigation. Currently to implement that there could be a code solution or manually add links to a HUB Menu which is not dynamic to changes. Please looking forward to hear from you on this ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Left Navigation List- Do not remove it!!!

My left navigation list disappeared. Took over a week to get confirmation that I was one of the first users receiving the new UI without the left navigation list. I am in too many sites to use the image tile navigation. Really cumbersome. My end user community will find it hard to navigate as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Hub Site Mega-Menu Behavior

It appears that hub site mega-menus have a mixed behavior on when they show up and how they are hidden.

In our tenant, mega-menus will display when hovering over a navigation item after 1-2 seconds, which is fine. However, the mega-menus continue to display after moving your mouse off of the menu and don't disappear until you click outside of the mega-menu.

This behavior should be consistent based off of the user action, i.e. if the action required to show the mega-menu is on hover, the action to hide it would be on mouseout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow "mailto:" link for multiple email addresses on Navigation

"mailto:" link doesn't work for multiple email addresses on Navigation

Improvement idea:
    Allow "mailto:" link for multiple email addresses on Navigation

Repro steps:
    1. Activate Publishing feature on the site
    2. Access [Site Settings]
    3. Click [Navigation] under [Look and Feel] section
    4. Click [Add Link]
    5. Enter the following mailto link
    Title: test
    URL : mailto:u1@contoso.com;u2@contoso.com?subject=testsub
    6. Click [OK]
    7. Click [OK]

Result:
    Sorry, something went wrong

Note:
    You can add a single address (e.g. mailto:u1@contoso.com?subject=testsub

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bessere Performance

Die Seite an sich ist toll !
    Aber die Ladeperformance leidet mit den vielen bunten Bildern ganz enorm.
    Bis die erste Seite geladen ist mein Kaffee kalt. Auch können an vielen Arbeitsplätzen in der Fläche eine ganze Reihe (z.B. Stream) Features nicht genutzt werden.
    Mein Vorschlag: Weniger auf der Titelseite wäre eindeutig mehr.
    Ich klicke auch sehr gerne auf einen Link - Hauptsache schneller Seitenaufbau.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the option to customise the Mega menu Data Source

Can the Mega Menu data source be modified ? it is always harder for Content Admins to always edit the Mega Menu Data Source

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Übersicht über Freigaben auf der Startseite

Ich habe in meinem Unternehmen ein paar Sharepoint Freigaben, auf denen ich Daten ablegen muss. Was mich ärgert ist, dass wenn ich die Hauptseite von Sharpoint in meinem Intranet aufrufe, bekomme ich eine Access Denied Seite zu sehen anstatt einer verlinkten Übersicht, auf welche Seiten ich tatsächlich Zugriff habe. So habe ich mir mittlerweile Icons mit Internetverknüpungen auf den Desktop gelegt, um mit Sharepoint noch arbeiten zu können. Warum gibt es in der Weboberfläche von Sharpoint kein funktionierendes Dashboard?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Modifier éléments liste

Réactiver la modification des éléments d'une liste en double cliquant dans le volet latéral droit sans avoir à cliquer sur modifier tout

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Snel bewerken (knop) in een aangepaste view

Graag zou ik in een zelf aangemaakt 'view' ook naar 'Snel Bewerken' kunnen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base