SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Verbesserter Filter & Scuhe

Es wäre super, wenn man einen Filter nach "Funktion" integrieren könnte und/oder ein Suchfeld

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Top Navigation Links

Move the top navigation links to the right so that the start of the navigation link section is in alignment with the header image below. I have a navigation link directly above my image logo and all too often click the image logo instead of the navigation link due to their close proximity. I believe this change would not only look better, but also, function more effectively. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. shurtcut to planner from in sharepoint

when i set in planner on my home page, *I am missing that a button to quickly open in planner app.

It could also be nice to be able to show the schedule vindue in a SharePoint site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable multi level(level 4 and above) sub menu in cascading menu

Right now, In SharePoint online, Communication template provides cascading and mega menu, there we can add up to level three sub menu including parent, but in many case it is not enough and would need level 4 and above at least in cascading menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Apply the organisation or site branding to the the new SharePoint app bar

I would like to see the SharePoint app bar to inherit the branding applied to the to site collection or use the colors defined for the organization bradning instead of showing the default SharePoint color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modern cascading menu should close when you move mouse away

The drop down menu requires a click outside the menu which isn't the case on most competently designed web sites. The panel should close when the mouse is moved away. Very annoying to have to make an extra click to close it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    SharePoint のリンクの書式をカスタムする機能を実装してください。

Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint サイトの上部リンクの書式は、任意で設定を変更することが出来ません。
    利便性向上の為、SharePoint のリンクの書式をカスタムする機能を実装してください。

Currently, the format of the top link of a SharePoint site cannot be changed arbitrarily.
    For added convenience, Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. audience for M365 group owner

Audience targeting should be enabled for M365 Group Owners instead of just members. When targeting navigation, M365 Group Members can see items, but the M365 group owner cannot see the same items and there is no way (that I can find) for an Owner to be a member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. navigation on focus description

It would be great if when a user focuses (hovers) over a navigation link the first sentence of the page description could appear. This would allow users to get more context about page content and help them decide if the link is the one they need to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include microsoft Access. extension accdb for use in SharePoint

This request is for Microsoft Access to be shared in SharePoint. We should be able to make changes to a microsoft database in SharePoint. you all have all the other office products there

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Document Libraries to be Permissions Based

Displaying/navigating to certain document libraries should be permissions based. So if you have don't have permissions to the a document library in the subsite, you should not see it in the navigation pane.

Currently, users are seeing "Drag files here" even though they don't have the permissions to do so - that is confusing for the users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit Hub and Site Collection Navigation for Group Connected Team Site

With a Team Site thats connected to a O365 Group you currently cant edit the Hub Navigation or the Site Collection Navigation. I would like to be able to edit both Hub and SIte Collection Navigation in a couple of my Team Sites that are associated with a Microsoft Team/Group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add an orientation option to the Modern Site Navigation config

In the modern site settings drop-down, please add to the [Change the Look]> [Navigation] option the ability to easily change the orientation/placement of the navigation quicklinks menu from [Top- across] to [Left-down] or [Bottom-across].

[Right-down] would complete the set, but it's not really useful because that area of the page is typically being used for details forms flyouts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Navigation menu on Team sites similar to Communication Site

There should be an option to make the Navigation on Team Sites similar to Communication Site to maintain consistency.
    Yes I do agree that Hub Site navigation or Parent site navigation is an option but that doesn't look great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. open external link in the same tab

Basically, external links are opened in the separate tab, but I want to open the external link in the same tab. It would be great if we have a setting that we can chose to open external link in the same tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reusable Links Webpart for use on pages

There is often need for a sub menu on pages to connect a group of pages on a site. This is a level of categorization beyond the site nav. For example I am creating related content on 5 pages and would like to use a links webpart that quickly gives the person viewing access to the related pages from any of the 5 pages. I know I can use a quick links however if the links change I then need to update that webpart on all 5 pages. If there was a reusable links webpart that could be controlled centrally…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SharePoint Add or Edit Navigation - option to Open in New Window

When editing navigation on a SharePoint site, add an option to "Open in New Window".

This in addition to the existing fields: Choose an option, Address, Display name.

When a user clicks on one of the links, we want to open the link in a new window automatically so they do not lose focus on the original site they are in.

Yes, the user can right click on the link and open in a new tab or window but we do have users who are not web savvy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show intranet home page on SharePoint and Office Portal

I want to be able to put a prominent link to our intranet home page on the main SharePoint portal (and the Office.com portal page). The "Featured Links" list is anything but, down in the lower left corner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See all Events

When you click on "See all" from the Upcoming Events web part, it would be great if it would actually show all future events, not just those coming up during the next 30 days.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When i want to download pics, Its hard to get my old pics to come up.

When i go to a camera place to download, i would like my old pictures up and I use the Kiosk app, and i have a pin to get into these.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base