SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rearrange or modify SharePoint landing page

The "Newsfeed" section takes up the first half of the page and I use a collection of sites for work and a different collection of sites for school. As is, there is no good way to organize sites. The only thing with any value on the current interface is the "following" section. I regularly have to guide new hires at work and instructors and students in classes to locate the sites for classes.

The default view should have a smaller view of the new items, with the ability to dismiss posts you've seen, and have lists organized by membership status.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There needs to be an easy way to see all sites

3 simple lists that show the following should be available on the homepage:

All Sites that I own

All sites that i am a member of

All my organizations public sites

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A sharepoint app that allows one to easily navigate a wiki like a filesystem

In sharepoint can we have an app that acts like a filesystem browser that allows one to easily navigation a wiki? This is SUPER important for being able to organize and find information. Also, can we have the ability to easily add buttons to "go up" or "back" on a wiki? Again, the wiki is the most important tool for storing real information in sharepoint... FINDING the information one needs would be much much easier with a navigation app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to set Quick Launch Menu as Expanded as default

Id like the option to display the Quick Launch menu in Teams Sites as Expanded by default not collapsed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Label in all TeamSite-Navigations

In TeamSites QuickLaunch Navigation is it not possible to use "Label". On a TeamSite mentioned as HubSite, there is it possible. Please make Labels available on all types of Sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add to Navigation to use Page Title instead of Page Name

If you use the function "Add to Navigation" for a page it will be added to the navigation with the File name with dashes for blank space, i.e. My-Name.aspx -> "My-Name".

It would make more sense to use the Page title as a navigation name just like a new page get.

https://i.paste.pics/97ac5cd65326e9060a0b6866095cbcad.png

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show child menus in the mega menu without hovering over the option

If I want to see the child menus in the mega menu, I should keep the mega menu selected by hovering over the option. It is inconvenient, so I would like them to be shown without hovering over. Also, there are only three tiers that can be navigated on the navigation bar, I would like more tiers to be shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy Global Nav Bar (quiklnk.aspx) from one modern Communication site to another

I have a customized Quick Launch with over 100 links.
    It was created the standard way OOTB in my Modern Communication site on Sharepoint Online and is located at this URL: https://MyCompany.sharepoint.com/sites/MySite/_layouts/15/quiklnch.aspx.

I need to replace the quiklnch.aspx in dozens of other sites in my tenant with the OOTB quiklnch.aspx above.

This should be an easy thing, but is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Links redirecting to the document library

Links to documents via "Quick links or Images" redirects to the document library. when closed.

To explain this further, when a link is provided on a page (pdf or images), the file opens up. When the close option is selected though, the page gets redirected to the document library where the document is saved vs the actual page.

From a readers perspective, for communication sites especially, it would be great if when clicking 'x', the link would navigate back to the page from where it was opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hub Navigation is too small

Hub navigation is so small and above the normal field of notice so that regular users don't see it. A redesign would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. navigation sort

Make the site settings for managed metadata term store used for navigation to keep the sorting order that we set in Site Settings.
    There are two available options for sorting in the Site Settings on the term store term sets once you have multiple items in a branch:
    1. Use default sort order according to current language.
    2. Use custom sort order.
    If I set it to default sort order it doesn't stay that way. As soon as I create a new page in that branch of the tree it sets it back to custom.
    It would be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. centrally managed quick links

Need a way to manage quick links from one centrall location so it can be used for site navigation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically close the menu when viewing site collections on iPhone

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iPhone で サイト コレクションを閲覧する際にメニューを自動で消してほしい
    Automatically close the menu when viewing site collections on iPhone

■Description(内容):
    iPhone からブラウザーを利用してサイト コレクションを閲覧し、サイド リンク バーからカスタム リストなどに遷移した場合、サイド リンク バーの表示が "×" ボタンをタップするまで消えない。
    画面遷移後は自動的に消えるようにしてほしい。

When viewing a site collection in the browser on iPhone, if you move to a custom list etc. by using the side link bar, the side link bar has to be closed by using the “X”.
    Please have the menu close automatically when you move between screens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow changing of SharePoint wiki url

Currently if a SharePoint wiki has been set up with a name containing spaces then there's no way to unpick that and remove the %20s from the url.
    A readable URL is a powerful feature that gives users an idea of the structure of what they're seeing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enlarge the size of global navigation in SPO modern UI

It would be great if we could have features in SPO modern UI to enlarge the size of global navigation and to keep the sub links under the navigation menus expanded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Used to be able to navigate up/ down multiple levels

we used to be able to navigate up multiple levels, and then back down - SharePoint 2016 only allows to navigate up one level. we used to also be able to see the hierarchy to know where we are, but now I don't see how to find it as easily as the older version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't strip #headline-references from URL in navigation links

When a URL including a reference to a title on a page is added as a link to the navigation, the #headline-part is striped from the URL.
    It's kept if you add in ?web=1#headline but not otherwise.
    Please make it consistent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Name - Link to document

IN the classic view you can select in a library the name of a document and place it directly with the link to the document. In the new look and feel I have to click on the 3 dots, copy link, approve and Copy. And then I have to type in the name of the link and attach the link.
    The option Select name including the link in the classic is much userfriendly. PLease restore this possiblility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Opening an Office 365 document with SharePoint integration in Microsoft Teams

Hi !

We cannot open editable documents (Office365) during a SharePoint page increment in Web Teams and Teams Application Client.

In response to this, on the Teams web, you can "open in a new tab" the Office365 document. However on the Teams application, this solution is not possible. To bad !

Microsoft Teams could be a really efficient Dashboard if you could allowed people to open Excel, Word and Powerpoint (at least) from a Sharepoint page integration.

Can you please make this possibility a reality !

ME

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base