Sites and Collaboration

I suggest you ....

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the JSOM API to create SharePoint Site Collections (Tenant Object as CSOM C# has)

In the CSOM C# object model we have the Tenant object that allow us to create Site Collections and do other operations over the Tenant. There is a lack of this piece of the API in the JSOM JavaScript object model. Please extend the JavaScript API with this functionality.

BTW - I would suggest to add a new category as "JSOM Gaps"

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add a feature to enable site level metadata and default values

A challenge to adoption and use of metadata is getting users to fill in values consistently. There are many scenarios that would benefit from being able to define a value for metadata at the site level and have that automatically push down to all documents/items in that site Examples for the type of metadata that could be set centrally are project name, IDs from ERP systems, commercial sensitivity etc - all of those would be good to filter in search refiners. Content types could deal with this, but use of content types has its own limitations which currently require custom…

100 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages.

Wikipedia had it implemented years ago. I suggest you to add a dynamically created Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages, according to the title-styles used in the documents.

80 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          thinking about it  ·  3 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Bring back "meeting workspace" in SharePoint 2016

I would be glad to see you bring back Meeting wokspace templates for Websites in SharePoint 2016 on premise and Office Outlook.

65 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Renew Surveys

Since SharePoint 2010 or even SharePoint 2007 surveys didn't change. There is no ribbon to manage surveys, the color of the grapical summary didn't match the chosen look, and so on. Please renew surveys for SharePoint 2016.

44 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              10 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Save Site As Template With Publishing Enabled

After enabling site publishing, the feature to save a site as a template appears to be gone. This was a convenient feature that should be retained if possible.

36 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Library and list based alert email templates

Currently, the email template of alerts is a generic one reused by the whole web application.

Would be a good idea to allow ease of customization of these email templates per list or library, this there means that the library can either inherit the web application email template, or the inheritance can be broken and the template customized for the specific list or library.

23 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • I prefer classic sharepoint

I really don't like the new theme.

I much prefer the original sharePoint theme. It is very hard to tell folders from files in the new theme. The flat colors make everything blend.

I also don't like that it becomes harder to copy a link to share. Dropbox lets you right click and copy the link. If you use your new theme, you have to click multiple times, select a link type and all kinds of stuff just to share a link.

This is why I'm still using the classic style using the "Return to classic sharepoint" but sharepoint seems…

20 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Broken list alert template

After some changes rolled out to our Ofice 365 tenant on 1-2 June 2016, emails alerts from announcement lists became totally unreadable in Outlook. Each paragraph is on one line so to read these email alerts users need to scroll right for a long time. No spaces between the paragraphs. All our users have daily email alerts set up on some intranet announcement lists and need to be able to read these email alerts. Can we please have new alert template fixed. Thanks.

We had this issue logged with MS Support. The following response has been received: "Our higher team…

18 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Improve the feature of creating the site by using a template in SharePoint Online.

Now I am creating the site using the template which contains "Publishing Hyperlink" column added from the site column of the List. However, I recognized that the value in the "issue hyperlink" column is disappeared after creating the site.

It seems that the problem has not occurred during the process if it is only to convert it into a list template, so that I hope the feature will be implemented to keep the value in the "issue hyperlink" column in the site template. Thank you for your support.

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add wiki editing to SharePoint Mobile version

Office365 is great for startups. Wiki is ideal solution for early startup phases. Ideas in startups come on the go, with iOS/Android mobile browsers used a lot. Sharepoint wiki can't be edited from its mobile version, only possible from "full" view. All OpenSource alternatives (DokuWiki, MediaWiki etc.) easily do that from Mobile. Please add mobile editing to Wiki!

11 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Plantillas de sitio

Actualmente las plantillas de sitio entre SharePoint 2016 y SharePoint Online no son compatibles. Sería formidable esta integración, reduciría costes de tiempo y dinero al migrar "contenido" para no utilizar herramientas de terceros como Sharegate, Metalogix, etc.

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • improve the method to create communication site.

I make the [+Create Site] of [SharePoint] tile with command hidden so as to control user's site creation. As far as I'm concerned, I am currently unable to create the communication site without the [+Create Site] of [SharePoint] tile, and therefore I hope the site to be made via SharePoint admin center as well.

9 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Be aware of the behavior the list templates are not available on Office 365 group sites.

I assume the list templates are not available on Office 365 group sites now.

The error has been occurred when creating a template of the questionnaire app and deploy to the site. There are many opportunities to create and operate the Office 365 group sites by public users, so that I hope the feature will be implemented that any list templates can be available for all users.

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Can't save a site as a template if publishing feature enabled

The publishing feature is a must-have for various reasons in many intranet classic structures. A project site can need to become a site Template witht such feature enabled, to handle pages, and css branding.

Without this, the time to duplicate a site structure can be strongly increased, which can become a real problem. For me it can become a crippling point.

This used to be possible : why this possibility has been removed ?

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • News Comments

Need to have comments and likes for SharePoint News

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Site Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Have the SP2016 Community Site template Site Pages Inherit Permissions

Request for a change in the SharePoint 2016 Community Site template at the site collection level. The template behaves differently when provisioning a site collection than when creating a subsite.

Scenario:
                                    - Provision a SharePoint 2016 site collection using the Community site template
                                    - At the root of the site collection, grant an individual person access (any level of access) – Do not put them into one of the out-of-the-box (OOTB) permission groups.
                                    - When the person tries to access the home page of the site collection, they receive access denied because the Site Pages library has broken inheritance from…

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Parent site template which can push changes down to previously created sub-sites (similar to list/library parent content types)

Many customers use a site template to create project/program sites in their environment. Generally speaking the lists and libraries that are in the site template are composed of content types so that changes can be made in one place and easily pushed out to all locations using that content type. The one area where SP is lacking is in the ability to easily push out changes at the site level to all the sub-sites where a certain site template has been used (e.g. change the navigation, add a new list, create a new page with a few web-parts, etc.... then…

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Wishing to complete backup for each site collection

In case I delete site collection unintentionally and it is broken, I hope that I will be able to create site collection beforehand. I do not care about how I do that .
                                        Ex: I am aware that 50MB is the limit on site template. At the same time, I do know that I am unable to create all of the site collection's backup. I hope I will be able to create site template without any restrictions.

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Update the Follow button on a site if the site is followed

In SharePoint you can "Follow Site" which adds it to your "Sites" as a quick access point. However, if you are already following a site the "Follow" button below the Suite Bar in the top right corner does not update to something like a gold star and updated text "Followed" or something.

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base