SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quick Link Permission

Hi,

I work in a large group of companies and using O365 SharePoint online. We have an issue in Quick Links web parts. If I correct, there is no permission for quick links, isn't it? But we want to add permission to quick links that are created in Hub site.

Scenario:
    There are a number of groups of companies and have each SharePoint site and it connected with Hub site. Hub site could be displayed all employees to their own access permission. Altogether there are over 20+ quick links(for each company there are 9+ icon links) and want to grant…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. increase maximum hub site limit > 2k

I love that we've increased the hub site limit to 2000, but I fear that this is not enough for my organization. We are a project-based company and each project has 10-50 partners working on it - from a flat perspective each partner company will have their own site because they will be added to an M365 Group (so we may as well take advantage of the backend site.

Each of those sites needs to be connected to a Project hub site. We easily have 300-400 concurrent multi-year projects, so 2,000 hubs could quickly be exhausted...particularly when combined with the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow a site collection's relationship to a Hub to be reflected in URL

I know this will seem like I want to return to the old sub-sites hierarchical model, but we do still have users who pay attention to their browser address bar when they are trying to understand how a page fits into the overall structure of an intranet or portal.
    While Hub site navigation (sort of) allows us to visually reflect the relationship of a site to its 'parent' hub, there's nothing in site collection addresses that provide this visual cue.

I say 'sort of', because when you are on a site that is related to a hub, there is no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need provision to choose a custom approval flow for association with Hub site

Need provision to choose a custom approval flow for association with Hub site using Power Automate and replace the default OOB approval flow for Hub Site association.
    Currently Hub site settings does not provide option to choose Flow. Whenever we enable the approval feature for Hub site, a new flow gets created with predefined template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Global navigation: option to add links

Allow us to add at least one more link to the global navigation. Currently there is the wafer menu, main hub link and a link to the app the user is on. We would really appreciate the ability to also add a link to our organization's main external website, to serve as the access point to our staff using the intranet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hub site names must be unique

Enforce unique names for Hubs. Under Hub Site Settings, site admins can rename the Hubs and use an existing name. This is problematic. Other sites that want to associate themselves with the Hub won't know which Hub to pick if they see more than one on the dropdown. It also presents other issues on reporting, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance Hub Sites with the ability to centrally manage all alerts of associated sites

Aggregate all alerts from associated sites' lists & users. Add/edit/delete them from a central location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SharePoint Hub Site Mega Menu layout change

This is a change request on how the hub site mega menu aligns when it appears after you hover over a top level menu item in the hub site mega menu.

When the mega menu appears it aligns directly under the top level menu item in the hub site navigation bar. Top level menu items are added from the left to the right and as you add more items you get less and less space to see your mega menu because of the alignment directly under the top level menu item.

My request is to NOT align the mega menu…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SPFX customization support in HUB SITES

Better to have SPFX customizations in Hub site modern pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

tell us more  ·  0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hub sites and outlook

Hub sites need to be bisible in site list when trying to add a file to an emial in outlook when selectig from a group files menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need cmdlet for adding hub site navigation link

It would be nice to have a powershell command to add links to hub site navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow a site collection's relationship to a Hub to be reflected in URL

I know this will seem like I want to return to the old sub-sites hierarchical model, but we do still have users who pay attention to their browser address bar when they are trying to understand how a page fits into the overall structure of an intranet or portal.
    While Hub site navigation (sort of) allows us to visually reflect the relationship of a site to its 'parent' hub, there's nothing in site collection addresses that provide this visual cue.

I say 'sort of', because when you are on a site that is related to a hub, there is no…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base