SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spell check or edit capabilities

Please install a spell check feature, If this is not possible, allow users to edit data without adding a new line.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. workbench

Can we please have a full page width workbench.aspx page. It is really difficult creating full width apps

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. List item versioned field in PowerApps form

We have a SharePoint online list with a versioned notes field. We'd like to use PowerApps to make our forms smarter in SharePoint, but the versioned notes field always shows as blank when looking in the PowerApps form. In the standard editor, it shows a list of each version with the date and author of the note, and allows us to add a new version of this field.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. yammer

Give us a Yammer "Join" button that we can add to SharePoint site. We use SharePoint sites with Yammer integration (widget + embed code) for some intranet pages, particularly for community-oriented pages. They would like to use the Yammer group to control access beyond the homepage (which is open to all), and are asking for a "Join" button they can place on the homepage that adds the user's name to the Yammer group and therefore gives them access to further resources deeper in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to check the error log in the audit log 監査ログにてエラーログを確認したい

Currently, even if you can not access the site when you access the site you do not have access to, you can check the log of the operation you accessed in [Activity] "User login" of the audit log, but you can actually access it. It is not possible to confirm whether it was possible.
    I would like to be able to check the log when access is not possible due to an error.

現在、アクセス権を持たないサイトにアクセスした際に、サイトにアクセスできなかった場合においても、監査ログの [アクティビティ] "ユーザーのログイン" にてアクセスした操作のログが確認できるが、実際にアクセスできたかどうか確認はできない。
    エラーでアクセスできなかった場合のログが確認できることを希望します。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable adding LinkedIn Learning content in Learning Pathways

It would be great to incorporate LinkedIn Learning content into the Microsoft 365 learning pathways site for those with licensing for LinkedIn Learning. Ideally, this would be as simple as adding Stream or YouTube content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Success Factors

I would like a link to Success Factors

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We hope a feature can be implemented for changing the style of Modern Farm items

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モダンファームにある項目の書式を変更する機能の実装を希望します。
    We hope a feature can be implemented for changing the style of Modern Farm items

■Description(内容):
    モダン ファームにある列名や列の説明文に対し、赤文字で表示させるなど書式を変更する機能の実装を希望します。

当機能が実装されることで、ユーザーに正確な情報入力を促すことができると考えます。
    We hope that a feature can be implemented for changing the style of Modern Farm column names and column explanations, like displaying using red text etc.

We believe that users can be encouraged to input information accurately by implementing this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FIX PROBLEM WITH THE IMAGES FOR QUICK LINKS

WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE MY CUSTOM IMAGE ON QUICK LINKS IT OFTEN HAPPENS THAT THE PIC WILL NOT CHANGE. I TRY RELOADING, CLOSING AND OPENING NEW TAB, BUT NO.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to excel needs an option to export to CSV (or just work properly in general)

Export to Excel tells me I need a Sharepoint Foundation-compatible application and then probably because I'm using Chrome just gives me a query.iqy page that doesn't work. I have Excel--why the hell doesn't this just let me download an xslx or csv file?

Your users don't give a fuck about Sharepoint Foundation. They want to see their goddamn data.

This is particularly frustrating to me right now because the reason I'm trying to export the data in the first place is because Sharepoint doesn't handle long lists worth a damn in the first place and your search functionality is shit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support more different kinds of video file extensions to play videos in SPO

I think it would be more efficient if video files uploaded in SPO sites support different kinds of extensions to be played. Currently videos in SPO utilize Silverlight technology, so the file format and codec should support Silverlight. This is because those videos may not be played in SPO even if videos themselves are downloadable on mobile devices such as iOS or Android and it really bothers us. Increasing the supported extensions in SPO makes it efficient for organizations to utilize videos without changing environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools & Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Preview Button

We should have a preview Button on Share point so that we don't have to save it every time in order to see how the page will look . It specially will help while adding Spacers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Payment failed notification

We should send email notification to the cx when they make an order for retainers and for some reason the payment didn't go trough, causing that the order is still in open status and the cx contact us asking for the status of the order and we have to say that it was a issue with the payment, and this could have been avoind if we send a email to the cx advicing that there was a issue placing the order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export to PDF a SharePoint page

bonjour,
    est-ce qu'il est prévu une fonctionnalité pour exporter en PDF les pages SharePoint ?
    La fonctionnalité existe sur le documentation officielle Microsoft c'est très pratique

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Want to customize search dictionaries that we use for SPO searching feature

It would be great if we could use the third-party search dictionary service with SPO search feature.
    I would appreciate you can provide a feature to customize SPO search dictionaries to be more user-friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable migration of "Pages" library from SharePoint 2013 to Online using Sharepoint migration tool

In the SharePoint Migration Tool, we don't see Pages library getting migrated to the SharePoint Online from On-premises SharePoint 2013. The tool needs to support this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Documents Library Option to Mirror One Drive Folder

When using the "Document Library" extension, it would be great to be able to just point to a One Drive folder. As it is now, I save documents to One Drive, then recreate my One Drive folder structure and upload documents. It would save several steps if I could just point to the folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Updated Link Requested

The :Using Post-9/11 GI Bill link offers an error code 404. Please update the link. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export to MS Word additional to Word Online

would be helpful to be able to export word documents to MS Word - not only open in Word online -> there is no chance to open embedded documents like pdfs in word online.
    Thanks for taking care :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. error

the link "Automotive Templates - Password: godigital" does not work. I get this error: Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: index.php

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base