SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overview of all SharePoint pages I have access to

I would like to see which SharePoint Online pages I have access to. If I don't remember the name of a SharePoint Online communication page and don't follow the page, it is very difficult to find the page.
    Here an overview would be very helpful, where I can see which pages I have access to.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A OOTB feature should be available to hide "Shared with Us" link

A OOTB feature should be available to hide "Shared with Us" link. Also, a suggestion regarding the placement of this link.
    Can we have this link on the document library ribbon menu instead of Left navigation menu.

603 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to make Hub navigation sticky

New feature for collapsing the menu when scrolling hides the Hub navigation. This should be a toggled option to hide on scroll. We are using the hub navigation as a central navigation element and now it disappears when you scroll down.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. What happens when you move folders and files from a SharePoint team site document library in a web browser Web ブラウザー上で SharePoint チーム サイ

Currently, when moving an item in the document library of a SharePoint site, you have to click and decide multiple times to specify the destination folder.
    I would like to be able to customize the UI so that the destination folder can be registered so that the decision can be made more quickly.

現在、SharePoint サイトのドキュメント ライブラリのにてアイテムの移動をする際に、移動先のフォルダーを指定するために何回もクリックし決定しなければならない。
    よりクイックに決定できるように、移動先のフォルダーを登録できるような UI 上のカスタマイズができることを希望します。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Possibility to add title URL to navigation

We are using title URL's a lot in, for example, quick links. Unfortunately, we have experienced that it is impossible to add the title URL to the site or hub navigation. The URL automatically changes to the page URL.

Please add this possibility.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Navigation audience targeting support SharePoint groups

Why on earth aren't SharePoint permisisons groups a standard option for audience targeting in navigation items!?!?!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide dynamic members owners group from site owners navigation

End user are confused and scared about having the "xxx All Owners" dynamic group displayed as site owners when they go to their intranet home page for a Teams SharePoint site and navigate to cog wheel->Site Permissions-->Site owners

This is because when they click on this dynamic group, it says that there are e.g. 313 members - thinking that all 313 members have owners access.

Can you add a new feature in SharePoint to hide the "xxx All Owners" dynamic group from appearing under site owners menu on home page?

Thanks

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support non http:// or https:// links

Support any non http:// or https:// links in quick links, navigation and lists (other places would be good too if there are more places) so links to other internal content can be used at ancient draconian companies like mine.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make improvements to the extended footer

The new 'Extended Footer' option is welcome, but it's too limited in terms of customisation.

We would like to:

1. Be able to align the columns to the centre or the left. At the moment they are automatically aligned to the right, which is jarring with the design of the rest of SharePoint.

2. Expand the width of the columns in the extended footer.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep the side link bar expanded

If you add links under the side link bar, those sub links are hidden under the top level link. I would like those sub links to be always visible. Please keep the side link bar expanded.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable multi level(level 4 and above) sub menu in cascading menu

Right now, In SharePoint online, Communication template provides cascading and mega menu, there we can add up to level three sub menu including parent, but in many case it is not enough and would need level 4 and above at least in cascading menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Apply the organisation or site branding to the the new SharePoint app bar

I would like to see the SharePoint app bar to inherit the branding applied to the to site collection or use the colors defined for the organization bradning instead of showing the default SharePoint color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modern cascading menu should close when you move mouse away

The drop down menu requires a click outside the menu which isn't the case on most competently designed web sites. The panel should close when the mouse is moved away. Very annoying to have to make an extra click to close it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    SharePoint のリンクの書式をカスタムする機能を実装してください。

Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint サイトの上部リンクの書式は、任意で設定を変更することが出来ません。
    利便性向上の為、SharePoint のリンクの書式をカスタムする機能を実装してください。

Currently, the format of the top link of a SharePoint site cannot be changed arbitrarily.
    For added convenience, Ask them to implement the functionality to custom the format of SharePoint links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. audience for M365 group owner

Audience targeting should be enabled for M365 Group Owners instead of just members. When targeting navigation, M365 Group Members can see items, but the M365 group owner cannot see the same items and there is no way (that I can find) for an Owner to be a member.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When accessing a link to a page from a quick link, site navigation does not correctly get focus

■Title(件名):
    クイックリンクからページのリンクへアクセスした際に、サイトナビゲーションが正しくフォーカスされない
    When accessing a link to a page from a quick link, site navigation does not correctly get focus

■Description(内容):
    クイックリンクから別ページへアクセスした際に、現時点ではサイトナビゲーションがクイックリンクのアクセス先ではなく、アクセス元にフォーカスされてしまう。
    このフォーカスを、クイックリンクからアクセスした際はサイトナビゲーションがアクセス先のサイトになるように改善を希望します。

When accessing another page from a quick link, at present site navigation is not focused by the page being accessed, but the page it is being accessed from.
    Please correct this so that the site navigation is focused by the page being accessed through the link.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to be able to show subsites of subsites in the structural navigation side link bar

■Title(件名):
    構造ナビゲーションのサイドリンクバーにサブサイトのサブサイトまで表示できるようにしたい
    I want to be able to show subsites of subsites in the structural navigation side link bar

■Description(内容):
    構造ナビゲーションのサイドリンクバーにサブサイトを登録するとそのサブサイトのサブまで表示されるが、任意で、さらにそのサブサイトまで表示できるようにしたい

Adding subsites to the structural navigation side link bar will show those subsite’s subsites, but we would like to be able to optionally show subsites of those subsites too.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. navigation on focus description

It would be great if when a user focuses (hovers) over a navigation link the first sentence of the page description could appear. This would allow users to get more context about page content and help them decide if the link is the one they need to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include microsoft Access. extension accdb for use in SharePoint

This request is for Microsoft Access to be shared in SharePoint. We should be able to make changes to a microsoft database in SharePoint. you all have all the other office products there

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. About the function to "Shared with us"

About the function to "Shared with us"
    ■Title(件名):
    About the function to "Shared with us"
    [自分たちと共有] の機能について

■Description(内容):
    Previously, when I selected a [documents], I would see {Share with Us} under the {Documents], but now the {Share with Us} content remains the document library.

When I update the site, I'll see the {Share with Us] content, This is likely to be caused by unstable behavior.
    I want to improve the unstable behavior of {Share with us}.

これまでドキュメントライブラリを選択するとライブラリの下に [自分たちと共有] が表示されていましたが、現在は [自分たちと共有] の中身がドキュメントライブラリのままになっています。
    サイトを更新すると [自分たちと共有] の内容が表示されるようになるため、動作が不安定だと考えられます。
    [自分たちと共有] の不安定な動作を改善を要望します。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base