SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save the data: SharePoint Online forms(dialog) customized with PowerApps

Japanese follows English.

Improvement on Sharepoint Online with PowerApps will contribute to many users as follows:

We have customized a Custom list item view / edit screen of SPO(SharePointOnline) with PowerApps.

(Normal behavior)
    Clicking item of "title hyperlink" from default list view, a customized dialog window comes up front.
    I change it to "edit mode" and can edit the item in the dialog window.

(To be improved)
    However, when I click on the parent (list view) window behind the dialog, the dialog closes unexpectedly and the data I have edited disappear sadly without saved.
    (I need to re-open the dialog…

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Disable editing multiple items on a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps

End users are able to edit and save multiple items in bulk, using the default form on the side pane, bypassing the business logic that is built within PowerApps.
    The request is to disable the Edit functionality or hide the Edit link when multiple items are selected in a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Flow Stop sharing a SharePoint folder

I would like the ability to use Microsoft flow to manage SharePoint folders permissions (Permission list: Full Control | Edit | View) for the following entities users, security groups and Office 365 groups (Operations: Add | Remove | Modify)

As of today 20191113, the tech article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#stop-sharing-an-item-or-a-folder) says it provide this functionality, yet by testing and through MS support it does not work. This is folder operation in specific and not an item or file

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Extend the timeline for the retirement of the SharePoint 2010 workflow

Please extend the timeline for the retirement of SharePoint 2010 workflow which will be retired on 1 November 2020.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tool for migrating 2010 Workflow to PowerAutomate

As MS has declared 2010 Workflow will retire soon - Its a huge impact I guess. Unfortunately, we got hit with almost 600 2010WF from which 50 to 60 deals huge logic. Numerous WF has been written for impersonation permission. I am requesting - if it is possible if we can have a tool that helps to leverage migrating WF - 2010 and 2013 (because 25013 will also retire in 2026) to PowerAuotmate.

I understand its critical to have the same logic to move to PowerAutomate - but at least if we can move generic custom logic and give reports…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Extend time for Retirement of SharePoint 2010 Workflows

Our Organization has loads of Workflows across 2262 sites, it will take time to migrate to Power-Automate

Given the stability and reliability of an evolving product like Power-Automate, please postpone the retirement

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [閲覧] 権限のユーザーに SharePoint 2013 ワークフロー が表示されない動作の改善について
    About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

■Description(内容):
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限を付与されたユーザーに、特定のリストに対してのみ投稿権限を与えて、Share Point のワークフローを実行しようとすると、「新しいワークフローの開始」画面に Sharepoint 2010 ワークフローは表示されるが、 Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが表示されない。サイトに対する "アイテムの承認" の権限」を付与することで、2013 ワークフローが表示されるようになることを確認しているが、その他のリストやアイテムを更新させたくない場合には使用できない。
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限のユーザーが、Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが開始できるように改善してほしい。

When I try to run a Share Point workflow by granting post permissions only to a specific list to a user who has been granted the Read permission for a site, the Sharepoint 2010 workflow appears on the Start New Workflow screen, but the Sharepoint 2013 workflow does not appear.
    Verify that the 2013 workflow…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lookup Limit 12 !!! Is this a joke? (Sharepoint Online + Power Automate)

I can't understand there is a lookup amount threshold of 12 columns/fields per list. Also, on-site SharePoint (server) allows you to change this limit to the content of your heart. We can't touch this setting on the Sharepoint Online site.

THIS IS A VERY LITTLE AMOUNT OF LOOKUPS !!

I think this threshold should be lifted to minumum 30 columns. Please, you need to take action until 1 November 2020.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Power Automate "Update Item" step for SharePoint should not automatically apply column default values to existing list items

The "Update Item" step automatically retrieves the default value for SharePoint list columns that have default values specified and incorporates them into the step. This can corrupt a list by unintentionally overwriting values that already exist in those columns. It is a highly counter-intuitive behavior for two reasons: 1. it does not make sense to apply default values to existing list items, which may already have different values specified; and 2. the "Update Item" step does not otherwise automatically apply values to columns that do not have default values. In my opinion, "Update Item" should not make changes to fields/columns…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Postpone Retirement of 2010 workflows

Our organisation hasn't got the bandwidth to rebuild so many workflows in the time left.

Is not just 2010 workflows that need replacing, but all 2013 workflows that call simple workflows that create docsets or copy data between lists - those can be very complex.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Postpone Retirement of 2010 workflows

Our organisation hasn't got the bandwidth to rebuild so many workflows in the time left.

Is not just 2010 workflows that need replacing, but all 2013 workflows that call simple workflows that create docsets or copy data between lists - those can be very complex.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 100% Height of PowerApps custom form in SharePoint

Hi, can you please allow for dynamic height adjustment of PowerApps forms in SharePoint to 100%. At the moment it is a fixed size which creates a scroll bar, and on larger screen resolutions it does not work effectively, especially if there are lots of fields to fill in.

I have edited the HTML code in the browser debugger, and could get it to be 100% height, so I know it is possible, and looks much more professional.

Thank you for your time.
    Stan

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Due Date field to Create Approvals in Flow for SharePoint

In the create approval there is not a due date field, the SharePoint Approval workflows had due date and reminderes out of the box functionality which our business users relied on. Please add due date field to the approval steps in Flows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Power Automate Ability to Disable Actions

I would like to see an option to disable actions within a workflow. Currently in Power Automate the only option to stop an action from triggering is to delete it. When testing workflows in previous tools I found it very helpful to be able to disable actions as I am building/testing. This allowed me to turn off parts of the workflow without having to delete and rebuild them when they are needed again. It is very helpful for troubleshooting issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sort Power Automate Flow Alphabetically

Change the way Power Automate sorts your flows to be alphabetically instead of by most recently updated. Or give users to option to choose how to sort. I have a lot of flows created and it is difficult to locate a flow when updates are needed because it is not located in the same place in the list every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend the timeline for the retirement of the SharePoint 2010 workflow

Please extend the timeline for the retirement of SharePoint 2010 workflow which will be retired on 1 November 2020.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. automated way for creating teams groups, channels and subfolders in sharepoint site

Is there any possibility to create a team group and SharePoint site into the below scenario and it has to be done single click or the automated way

I have to create one team's group under that 10 channels and each channel having 100 folders in SharePoint site Example. I have teams group with the name 1000 and channels is 1000-1099, 1100-1199, 1200-1299, ... 1900-1999. when we look into the SharePoint site we should able to see this SharePoint site and channels their subfolders like 1001,1002,1003.... 1099.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix issue where workflow emails do not reach their destination, and add function to detect this issue

■Title(件名):
    ワークフローのメールが届かない事象の改善および事象を検知する機能の追加を希望します。
    Fix issue where workflow emails do not reach their destination, and add function to detect this issue

■Description(内容):
    たびたびワーク フローのメールが届かない事象が発生します。(エラー メッセージ : "電子メール メッセージを送信できません。サーバーの送信メール設定が正しく構成されていることを確認してください。")
    事象の原因は送信サーバーの IP が Exchange Online のブロッキング リストに一時的に載っているためですが、ユーザー側では本事象を回避することができないため、早急に本事象の根本対策を希望します。

また、管理者側で事前に本事象を把握したいと考えていますが、メール処理におけるエラーを検知することが現状できない状況です。
    そのため、以下のような対策または管理者にて事前に本事象を検知できる機能の追加を希望します。

1. 本事象のエラーを検知し、ワークフローのメール処理のみ再実行する。

2. 本事象のエラーを検知し、管理者や担当者へメールにて通知する。

3. "ワークフローの履歴" のログを "期間" と "イベント種別" を指定してダウンロードし、エラーがないか確認する。

Occasionally, workflow emails are not correctly sent. (Error message: “The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the outgoing e-mail settings for the server are configured correctly.”)
    This issue is caused when the outgoing server’s IP is temporarily listed in Exchange Online’s blocking list, but there is no workaround on the user side, so…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Flow run from list web parts

■Title(件名):
    リスト Web パーツ上から Flow を実施したい
    Make Flow run from list web parts

■Description(内容):
    モダン表示のサイト ページにリスト Web パーツを配置した際に、Flow のボタンが表示されず、Web パーツ上から Flow を実施することができない。
    リスト自体にアクセスする工数を減らすため、リスト Web パーツ上から Flow を実施できるように機能の拡張を要望します。
    Flow button does not get shown when list web parts are placed on the modern display site page, and Flow could not be run from web parts as well.
    In order to decrease the amount of times used to access the list, please make it so that Flow can be run from list web parts.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable flow notification to the security group address when using SharePoint 2013 workflow

We can send the flow notification to the mail-enabled security group if the group has the access to the site. But the flow notification won’t be delivered to the group which does not have the site access even if we set the group as the recipient of the notification.
    So, it would be great if the flow notification could be delivered to the any group address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base