SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow running Power Automate Flow while searching in list/library

We can run a Power Automate Flow by selecting item in list/library. This functionality works well while filtering or sorting the list.

But when I am searching within a list and selecting the list item from search results, all the "Automate" options are missing (both from command bar and item edit menu - ellipses).

Please allow running Power Automate Flow while searching in list/library

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Disable editing multiple items on a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps

End users are able to edit and save multiple items in bulk, using the default form on the side pane, bypassing the business logic that is built within PowerApps.
    The request is to disable the Edit functionality or hide the Edit link when multiple items are selected in a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Forms Points for correct answer are not available as dynamic content in Power Automate.

I am using the 'Track Microsoft Forms responses in an Excel Online (Business) spreadsheet' template to keep a spreadsheet in SharePoint up-to-date for a student test however Forms Points for for the correct answer to a question are not available as dynamic content in Power Automate.

Here is a link from a Microsoft agent describing the issue and stating that they couldn't see the field anywhere either and that it appeared to be an issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/educationms/forum/eduforms-edu_other/forms-and-power-automate-how-i-can-recover-the/2a114eca-fdbf-461a-a2ee-0ddc31b9a982

Please could you add this functionality as soon as possible as it is really useful while students are not able to come…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save the data: SharePoint Online forms(dialog) customized with PowerApps

Japanese follows English.

Improvement on Sharepoint Online with PowerApps will contribute to many users as follows:

We have customized a Custom list item view / edit screen of SPO(SharePointOnline) with PowerApps.

(Normal behavior)
    Clicking item of "title hyperlink" from default list view, a customized dialog window comes up front.
    I change it to "edit mode" and can edit the item in the dialog window.

(To be improved)
    However, when I click on the parent (list view) window behind the dialog, the dialog closes unexpectedly and the data I have edited disappear sadly without saved.
    (I need to re-open the dialog…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create an Option Under "Integrate" on Microsoft Lists to Create a Microsoft Form directly connected to it.

Google Sheets has a feature to create a simple form based on the sheet, Smartsheet has the same. Right now, Microsoft Forms automatically creates an excel document, but it doesn't have a feature to directly connect to a Microsoft List without the use of PowerAutomate. If we could have a direct connection, we could have more citizen developers that aren't technical enough to use Power Apps create their own lists and forms and keep them updated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Flow Stop sharing a SharePoint folder

I would like the ability to use Microsoft flow to manage SharePoint folders permissions (Permission list: Full Control | Edit | View) for the following entities users, security groups and Office 365 groups (Operations: Add | Remove | Modify)

As of today 20191113, the tech article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#stop-sharing-an-item-or-a-folder) says it provide this functionality, yet by testing and through MS support it does not work. This is folder operation in specific and not an item or file

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. EDB to PST Converter Tool

Another important aspect of this user friendly Ensella Exchange EDB to PST tool is the fact that it lets you preview all the EDB contents before export operation. There is an extensive list of filtering options provided that lets you filter mails by date / time, subject, attachments and from / to address etc. You can even chose to split the PST files.

Get Freeware to click here- https://www.enstella.com/edb-to-pst-conversion.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Preventing the Deletion of Workflow Tasks on Manually Terminating a Workflow

Hello,

Could you please consider to provide some setting so as to prevent the deletion of WF tasks when we manually terminate WFs in order to keep history of old runs.

For some reasons, users request to force the termination of WF or there are errors in the WF that lead to restarting the WF so we terminate the current instance which leads to deleting all existing tasks but just keep the workflow history but it would be nice to keep the tasks as well and just set the "Not Started" or "In Progress" to be "Cancelled" but keep the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Power Automate "Update Item" step for SharePoint should not automatically apply column default values to existing list items

The "Update Item" step automatically retrieves the default value for SharePoint list columns that have default values specified and incorporates them into the step. This can corrupt a list by unintentionally overwriting values that already exist in those columns. It is a highly counter-intuitive behavior for two reasons: 1. it does not make sense to apply default values to existing list items, which may already have different values specified; and 2. the "Update Item" step does not otherwise automatically apply values to columns that do not have default values. In my opinion, "Update Item" should not make changes to fields/columns…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Extend time for Retirement of SharePoint 2010 Workflows

Our Organization has loads of Workflows across 2262 sites, it will take time to migrate to Power-Automate

Given the stability and reliability of an evolving product like Power-Automate, please postpone the retirement

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification message to members of approval group is creating confusion when one of the members complete the common assigned task.

<One of your tasks was canceled and deleted. You do not need to take any further action on that task.>This notification message to a group of approvers of the workflow is confusing, causing anxiety to the requester and approvers in the work group when one of the approvers complete the approval task. An update is urgently needed to reduce confusion and discomfort. Please update the notification message to <The task has been completed. You do not need to take further action on the task.>

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lookup Limit 12 !!! Is this a joke? (Sharepoint Online + Power Automate)

I can't understand there is a lookup amount threshold of 12 columns/fields per list. Also, on-site SharePoint (server) allows you to change this limit to the content of your heart. We can't touch this setting on the Sharepoint Online site.

THIS IS A VERY LITTLE AMOUNT OF LOOKUPS !!

I think this threshold should be lifted to minumum 30 columns. Please, you need to take action until 1 November 2020.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tool for migrating 2010 Workflow to PowerAutomate

As MS has declared 2010 Workflow will retire soon - Its a huge impact I guess. Unfortunately, we got hit with almost 600 2010WF from which 50 to 60 deals huge logic. Numerous WF has been written for impersonation permission. I am requesting - if it is possible if we can have a tool that helps to leverage migrating WF - 2010 and 2013 (because 25013 will also retire in 2026) to PowerAuotmate.

I understand its critical to have the same logic to move to PowerAutomate - but at least if we can move generic custom logic and give reports…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extend the timeline for the retirement of the SharePoint 2010 workflow

Please extend the timeline for the retirement of SharePoint 2010 workflow which will be retired on 1 November 2020.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add metadata to a Flow enhance "My Flows" view in Power Automate

I would like to add metadata to Power Automate "My Flows" so I can group them on.

i.e. standard metadata:

Sitename: multiple flows per site is good practice

Type of flow: running on a single site or running on multiple sites

Expiring within X days

etc.

If you provide the option for metadata, companies can add the columns themselves

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exchange mailbox EDB to PST Converter

With help of Vartika Exchange EDB to PST Conversion tool, users can hastily convert all their EDB files to Outlook PST files. This tool can convert all the EDB file mailbox into PST mailbox, the process is very simple and smooth with 100% conversion results. This tool can also receive again deleted items, which are repeatedly deleted by the users accidentally or intentionally. This application gives a benefit to migrating your damage EDB file into PST file without any size limitation, it can split huge size EDB file into multiple short PST file. After recovering the complete data from an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sending automated emails using Microsoft Lists

Tried to automate an email to an external candidate for HR using one of the templates in Lists. You can't email an external user. This is a senseless design, what good is it if you can't automate. O365 is garbage when it comes to the Sharepoint design. It requires the email address to be manually registered in Azure. Again, this is senseless, who is going to go through this process just make an automation work on a List? The whole idea of automating is to increase productivity. Basically useless....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [閲覧] 権限のユーザーに SharePoint 2013 ワークフロー が表示されない動作の改善について
    About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

■Description(内容):
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限を付与されたユーザーに、特定のリストに対してのみ投稿権限を与えて、Share Point のワークフローを実行しようとすると、「新しいワークフローの開始」画面に Sharepoint 2010 ワークフローは表示されるが、 Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが表示されない。サイトに対する "アイテムの承認" の権限」を付与することで、2013 ワークフローが表示されるようになることを確認しているが、その他のリストやアイテムを更新させたくない場合には使用できない。
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限のユーザーが、Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが開始できるように改善してほしい。

When I try to run a Share Point workflow by granting post permissions only to a specific list to a user who has been granted the Read permission for a site, the Sharepoint 2010 workflow appears on the Start New Workflow screen, but the Sharepoint 2013 workflow does not appear.
    Verify that the 2013 workflow…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 100% Height of PowerApps custom form in SharePoint

Hi, can you please allow for dynamic height adjustment of PowerApps forms in SharePoint to 100%. At the moment it is a fixed size which creates a scroll bar, and on larger screen resolutions it does not work effectively, especially if there are lots of fields to fill in.

I have edited the HTML code in the browser debugger, and could get it to be 100% height, so I know it is possible, and looks much more professional.

Thank you for your time.
    Stan

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ListId (GUID) as output value

When a Flow is e.g triggered when an item is changed or created the ListId (GUID) of the list is an input value but not available as output value.
    It's only somehow part of the {Link} property...

Please make the ListId available as own output value. The ListId is a required property for API calls as sometimes the list displayname and sometimes the technical name needs to be used. With the ListId it's generic...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base