SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need the Accordion Menu on SP modern site page

The SP modern site promotes non deveopler like me to use it, now I
    Am building a site on modern Com site. We have a list of FAQ, stored a SharePoint List use for add and edit.

I need to incorporate the list into on the site pages as accordion menu . Category, question amd answers that can be collapsiable at clicks. I have a hard time finding, and google for the solution, which I found all need to code, which is not of help. I think there is a format view custom in the list page that I can…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide classic site templates for sub sites under modern communication and group connected team sites.

When creating a sub site under a modern communication site or group connected team sites, see options to select "Team Site (classic experience), Blog, Project Site, Community Sit", and these all are classic site templates.
    If the root site (communication site) is customized with modern features like, Theme (for corporate branding), Hub site, Hub site navigation, SPFx Application customizer, the sub site created with classic templates fails to render the above modern features. And it is difficult to navigate to other sites from the classic site.
    Either stop showing such classic site templates except (Team site (no Office 365 group))…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cannot share Onedrive and Sharepoint files with alternate recovery email address added on Office 365 account

Whenever we try to share Onedrive and Sharepoint files to external email address which is also an alternate email for Office 365 account, the site resolves the external address as Microsoft account instead of resolving that as external email address. In this case we have to forcefully share the file with O365 account instead of the external alternate address we need to share the file with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. hide/remove the “Next steps” button available on the home page of the communication sites

Can you please provide an option to hide the next steps button on the communication site home page.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement a way to change the initially selected language into another language for "Select Language" when creating sites

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    サイト作成時の "言語の選択" にて、初期に選択されている言語を任意の言語に変更する方法について
    Implement a way to change the initially selected language into another language for "Select Language" when creating sites

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online でチームまたはコミュニケーション サイトを作成する際の "言語の選択" にて、初期に選択されている言語を任意の言語に変更する設定を実装してほしい​
    Please implement a feature to change the initially selected language into another language for "Select Language" when creating teams or communication sites using SharePoint Online.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Full With News Webpart with Parellex scroll

For the next version of the LEGO Intranet I'll very much like to be able to show news in a full width News Web-part with Parellex scroll for the smooth effect of the Hero web-part.
    This will make my new Intranet "Home" page look as good and modern as it can get but with dynamic news as the main content and not static content as the Hero web-part delivers.

I'm suggestion to add full with option the the News Web-part and to give it the high modern feel of the Hero Web-part.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regarding the behavior where sites are newly created on the site creation screen from either "More Options" or "Communication Sites" while t

■Title(件名):
    テナントの外部共有設定を [既存のゲスト] に登録したうえで、新しいサイトの作成画面より、[その他のオプション] もしくは [コミュニケーション サイト]からサイトを新規で作成した際の動作について
    Regarding the behavior where sites are newly created on the site creation screen from either "More Options" or "Communication Sites" while the external sharing settings for the tenant is registered in [Existing guests]
    ■Description(内容):
    テナントの外部共有設定を [既存のゲスト] に登録したうえで、新しいサイトの作成画面より、[その他のオプション] もしくは [コミュニケーション サイト] からサイトを新規で作成した際、作成したサイトの外部共有ポリシーは既定で、"このサイトは外部と共有できません" という設定になっているため、[編集] をクリックして、"自分の組織内のユーザーのみ" から "既存のゲストのみ" に変更する必要があります。
    チーム サイトに関しては、作成したサイトの外部共有ポリシーは既定で、"このサイトは、既存のゲストとのみ共有できます" と設定されているため、[編集] をクリックして設定を変更する必要はありません。そのため、[その他のオプション] もしくは [コミュニケーション サイト]からサイトを新規で作成した場合も、テナントの外部共有設定が自動で反映されるよう、機能の拡充を強く希望します。​​
    When sites are newly created from either "More Options" or "Communication Sites" while the external sharing settings for the tenant is registered in [Existing guests], the external sharing policy for the created site is set to "This…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. About making templates from communication sites

■Title(件名):
    コミュニケーションサイトのテンプレート化について
    About making templates from communication sites

■Description(内容):
    以下の公開情報から、モダン チームサイトのテンプレート化は、現時点で実装されていないことを確認しています。

タイトル : "モダン" チーム サイトのカスタマイズ
    アドレス : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-customize-sites

また、コミュニケーション サイトはカスタム スクリプトを有効化しても、サイトテンプレートとして保存することができないことを確認しているため、チームサイト、コミュニケーション サイトのいずれもテンプレート化がおこなえるよう機能の実装をお願いします。
    I have confirmed from the following public information that Modern Teams site templates are not implemented at this time.

Title: Customize “Modern” Teams sites
    URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-customize-sites

I also confirmed that communication sites can neither neither have custom scripts enabled nor be saved as a site template. Therefore, I would like to request the ability to make both Teams sites and communication sites into templates.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. News Digest Banner and Logo Enhancements

News Digests:
    1. Please allow the ability to add a customer banner (color and/or picture).
    2. Please allow the ability to have sections and a colored headers for each.
    3. Please allow the ability tochange the SharePoint logo to a custom logo or our organization logo.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We hope the audit log feature can be improved on

■Title(件名):
    監査ログの機能を拡充してほしい。
    We hope the audit log feature can be improved on

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online の各サイトの正確な閲覧数を確認するため、監査ログで "ページの表示" を選択して検索するが、現在の機能ではサイトのタイトルが結果に表示されないため、タイトルを確認するには各 URL のうえにマウス ポインタをかざさなければならない。
    業務の時間短縮するために、検索結果にサイトのタイトルも表示するよう機能を拡充してほしい。​
    We are choosing "Show pages" when searching in audit logs as we want to check the correct number of views for each site in SharePoint Online, but as the site title is not displayed in the results currently, we have to hover the mouse pointer over each URL to check the title.
    Thus we hope that this feature can be improved to display the site title in the search results as well so that worktime…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Activate the publishing infrastructure feature at the communication site level

It would be great if we could activate the publishing feature at the communication site level and the subsite associated with the communication site. This activation feature is disabled by default. Due to this disabled activation feature, subsites which are associated with the communication site cannot be hidden in the Recycle Bin.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to implement the ability to adjust the file size when uploading videos in Stream.

■Title(件名):
    Stream にて動画をアップロードする際に、ファイルサイズ を調整する機能の実装希望。

I would like to implement the ability to adjust the file size when uploading videos in Stream.

■Description(内容):
    Stream にて動画をアップロードする際に、画質を低画質にしたり、ファイルを圧縮させるなどの、ファイルサイズを調整する機能の実装を希望します。

When you upload a video in Stream, you want to implement the ability to adjust the file size, such as making the image quality low or compressing the file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want you to publish the sample value when you record a video using stream recording.

■Title(件名):
    Stream の録画機能を利用して動画を記録した際の、サンプル値を公開してほしい。

I want you to publish the sample value when you record a video using stream recording.

■Description(内容):
    Stream で動画を記録した場合、[何分あたりでどのファイルサイズになるか]等のサンプル値を公開していただくことを希望します。Stream を運用するにあたり、どのぐらいの動画が保存できるかの指標となるため、必要な情報となります。

If you recorded a video in Stream, please publish sample values such as "How many minutes will be the file size".
    It's an indicator of how many videos you can store when you're running Stream, so it's the information you need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Sender of News Digest

Should be able to change the sender of the news digest. Use company directory to change sender to any mailbox or user, not just the person clicking the send button. Example: want email to come from a default "Communications" mailbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Font Change

Font for Normal Text is "thin" or "anemic" and difficult to read. Example, the difference between callibri and callibri light. Also, change thee HEX# so it is darker.

Top navigation headers are also difficult to read. Please bold them.

It appears that I am not the only one who does not like the fonts, as it is mentioned several times on this size. I would prefer that MS makes a universal change, but if not we will try and figure out how to make the CSS change ourseleves.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The [Send by Email] button cannot be hidden.

■Title(件名):
    [メールで送信] ボタンを非表示とすることが出来ない。

■Description(内容):
    コミュニケーションサイトやチームサイトにてページを作成後、ページ上部に [メールで送信] が表示されます。
    この [メールで送信] を非表示とすることが出来ない。

非表示とする機能の実装をお願いします。

After creating a page on the communication site or team site, [Send by e-mail] is displayed at the top of the page.
    This [Send by Email] cannot be hidden.

Please implement a function that enables non-display.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. people web part

Add justification options to the People web part, e.g. if you have a full width page column with a People web part and add 3 people, they are justified to the left, it would be good to have the option to centre.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide [Shared with us] menu from Quick Launch

■Title(件名):
    [自分たちと共有] をサイド リンク バーから非表示にできるようにしてほしい

Hide [Shared with us] menu from Quick Launch

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 グループ サイトの [自分たちと共有] を、画面左側のサイド リンク バーから非表示にできるようにしてほしい。
    サイド リンク バーには必要なリンクを多数作成しているので、[自分たちと共有] が表示されていると誤ってユーザーがクリックしてしまったり、これは何かといった問い合わせを受けることになるなど、業務上影響がある。
    このため、サイド リンク バー以外の部分に表示させるか、それが不可であれば、[自分たちと共有] 表示を消す機能を提供してほしい

I would like to have an option to hide [Shared with us] from Quick Launch in Office 365 group sites.
    Since there are many links created at Quick Launch, if [Shared with us] menu is always displayed there, it will affect our business operation running smoothly. For instance, some user might click the menu by accident, admins might receive lots of questions about the menu, etc.
    For…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. quick links auto select for links in document library

Select links that are in a document library for posting in the QuickLinks Webpart. Want to ensure that all instances of a link is automatically updated if I edit the link in a document library, and therefore want to be able to select the link from the document library in the quick links webpart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make images hyperlinked in News Digests and News Webparts AND have the article titles be BLUE underlined text to reduce confusion

To greatly reduce confusion on where people need to click on an article title (even though we had directions on what to click on at the beginning of the News Digest. Please make both the article images 'hyperlinked' AND make the article titles say BLUE underlined text to highlight that they are links - or at least have those as options if Microsoft doesn't like that look?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base