SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict display of hub sites

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ハブサイトの表示制御
    Restrict display of hub sites

■Description(内容):
    各サイトからハブサイトへの関連付けを行う時に、不必要なハブサイトを表示させたくない。
    "サイトをこのハブと関連付けることができるユーザー" での制御は可能だが、ユーザーを指定する必要があるため工数がかかる。
    ユーザーを指定せずとも、各サイトからハブサイトの関連付けを行う際に、プルダウンにハブサイトの表示および非表示を制御できるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。

When associating each site to a hub site, I don’t want unnecessary hub sites to be displayed.
    It is possible to control the display of these using the “people who can associate sites with this hub” option, but specifying users for this takes a lot of work.
    Please make it possible to control whether a hub site is displayed or not using a pull-down menu when associating each site to a hub site, without needing to specify users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Footer of the Hub site to propagate to all associated sites like the Hub menu

The footer of a Hub Site should be propagated along with the Hub menu and the look and feel to all the associated sites.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add option to stop hub sites forcing themes on associated sites

As much as I like the concept of hub sites giving a common theme and navigation across associated sites, sometimes (quite often in fact) I'd like the associated sites to only inherit the navigation and not the theme itself.

I have a department that uses our company colours for each of their teams within it. I have SharePoint theme's of our company colours, but if I group them in a hub I lose those themes. Or I don't associate them lose the navigation across them.

All I'm really asking for is an option to not inherit the theme. Or I…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Function to associate individual SharePoint subsites with a hub

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint サブ サイトを単独で、ハブに関連付けできる機能拡充
    Function to associate individual SharePoint subsites with a hub

■Description(内容):
    現時点では、PowerShell コマンドレット "Add-SPOHubSiteAssociation" を利用しサブ サイトを単独でハブに関連つけようとしても、対象 SharePoint サイト 全体がハブに関連付けられる既定動作となっている。
    SharePoint サブ サイトを単独で、ハブに関連付けられるよう、機能拡充を希望する

At present, even if you use the PowerShell cmdlet “Add-SPOHubSiteAssociation” to try to associate an individual subsite with a hub, the entire SharePoint site becomes associated by default.
    Please make it possible to associate subsites individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The theme for the header (hub site) and navigation bar should be changeable instead of having the same theme colour.

There should be option to select a color fo the hub site menu different from the site collection menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Sorting options to Sites webpart

Please add an option to allow customized sorting of all sites when using the Sites webpart. Suggestions might be Alphabetical, Creation Date, Modified date, Size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide url of embeded pages

I am building a new intranet in sharepoint online modern and honestly, the lack of options is frustrating. I have a resources site where certain colleagues will manage and update their intranet documents; it's not meant for public view. I have built a contacts page on the resources site using the 'people' webpart However, when I embed the people page on the main site, the embed webpart insists on displaying the full, clickable URL through to the resources site, which is not meant to be accessible to intranet readers. This structure was provided by an award winning sharepoint consultant. Frankly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hub level assets (images)

■Title(件名):
    ハブサイトに関連付けたサイトについて
    Regarding uploading images onto sites associated with hub sites

■Description(内容):
    ハブサイトに関連付けたサイトで画像をアップロード時、参照先として、同じハブサイトに関連付けた別サイト内に保存している画像を選択できるように機能拡張を希望します。
    When uploading images onto sites associated with hubsites, we hope that images that are saved in other sites which are also associated to the same hub site can be selected.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hub site navigation powered by term store

To make it easier to manage Hub site navigation, can we have it powered by the term store (managed Metadata)? It gets cumbersome to manage it through the links menu once it gets pretty big.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hub site navigation menu more than 2 levels deep.

Can the navigation menu for Hub site be more than 2 levels deep? Right now we have the root plus two more. We have organisational structures which needs more than that. Since hub site can't be nested, deeper navigation is needed to support it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. associated hub

Around November 2019, Microsoft Ignite announced that 'Associated Hub' will be released early this year; however, it is not yet released. Perhaps will this be available any soon?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quick Link Permission

Hi,

I work in a large group of companies and using O365 SharePoint online. We have an issue in Quick Links web parts. If I correct, there is no permission for quick links, isn't it? But we want to add permission to quick links that are created in Hub site.

Scenario:
    There are a number of groups of companies and have each SharePoint site and it connected with Hub site. Hub site could be displayed all employees to their own access permission. Altogether there are over 20+ quick links(for each company there are 9+ icon links) and want to grant…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. increase maximum hub site limit > 2k

I love that we've increased the hub site limit to 2000, but I fear that this is not enough for my organization. We are a project-based company and each project has 10-50 partners working on it - from a flat perspective each partner company will have their own site because they will be added to an M365 Group (so we may as well take advantage of the backend site.

Each of those sites needs to be connected to a Project hub site. We easily have 300-400 concurrent multi-year projects, so 2,000 hubs could quickly be exhausted...particularly when combined with the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a site collection's relationship to a Hub to be reflected in URL

I know this will seem like I want to return to the old sub-sites hierarchical model, but we do still have users who pay attention to their browser address bar when they are trying to understand how a page fits into the overall structure of an intranet or portal.
    While Hub site navigation (sort of) allows us to visually reflect the relationship of a site to its 'parent' hub, there's nothing in site collection addresses that provide this visual cue.

I say 'sort of', because when you are on a site that is related to a hub, there is no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Security Trim Hub Menu

Security trim the hub site's top menu bar

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need provision to choose a custom approval flow for association with Hub site

Need provision to choose a custom approval flow for association with Hub site using Power Automate and replace the default OOB approval flow for Hub Site association.
    Currently Hub site settings does not provide option to choose Flow. Whenever we enable the approval feature for Hub site, a new flow gets created with predefined template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to hide the Hub Site navigation

Add the ability to hide the hub site navigation via some setting or powershell.

The hub site navigation is a list of static links with no security trimming and no way to target an audience. With the introduction of SharePoint SPFx extensions we have the ability to create a header on top of the page. The most common usecase in this scenario is to create a customized menu. However if hub sites are used and you need a customized menu you will have two menu's at the top.

Here are a few business scenario's for a customized menu

1. Company has…
    213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Site collections inherit security settings from hub site

Need an option to inherit security settings from the hub site for all site collections in the hub.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide an option to set the default Search Scope to the entire hub in associated sites

We have content in our hub site (SharedDocuments folder) that users expect to find in associated sites. The hub is good at pulling content from associated sites but it doesn't seem that the associated sites pull in search results from the hub. It would be nice if we could set the default scope in the associated site to be the hub (or all sites). Right now they have to search, get no results, then click on the link search all sites instead or use the breadcrumb to get the desired results.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nested Hub Sites

Don't think this has been suggested yet, but Hub sites should definitely allow nesting!! The flat/flexible organization is good, and allowing some hierarchy/rollup with hubs is better, but would be best if a hub could be a sub of another hub (a branch, sub of region, sub of district) and have rollup through each level of nested hubs. Allows best of both worlds - flexibility of flat and dynamic association, with advantages of multi-layer hubs!

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base