SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Push notifications for news on mobile phone for sites that I follow

We are using the SharePoint Online Modern News feature. We love it. I've got the SharePoint Online Android app installed on my smartphone. I follow a few sites. I would like that the app sends me a push notification message on my phone for all new news articles that exist on sites that I follow. Would be so nice!!! Thanks guys!!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the list view threshold (5000 by default)

This limit has always been a bit laughable, and is even more so as we develop more client side applications. In SharePoint 2007 we didn't have this limit and were allowed to make our own mistakes. Now that hardware is so much more powerful, we need this limit removed so that we can build enterprise-class applications.

1,989 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

213 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are continuing to make our large list experiences better, please keep the feedback coming.

Spring 2018 update:
    - We now support being able to manually add indexes to lists of any size (increased from lists up to 20,000 items previously).
    - Starting with the February release of the Office 365 Excel client, you will be able to export your full list instead of getting cut off part of the way through.

What we are working on now:
    - Predictive indexing will start to work for lists larger than 20,000 items so your views will automatically cause the right indexes to be added to your lists.

In our backlog:
    - Being able to index/sort/filter by lookup column types (like person, lookup or managed metadata columns) without being throttled.
    - Making sure that our REST APIs support querying in ways that will guarantee that the call will not be throttled.

For…

3. Overview of applied content types

Content types are an essential part of SharePoint. One issue that has been around since SharePoint 2007 is the absence of an overview of all applied content types. Why is this important? Try to delete a content type and you get the message it's still in use. Good luck finding out where. This is very frustrating and time consuming. That's why I vote for an overview where you can see where the content types are applied.

327 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A consolidated admin view of where published content types are being used is still being evaluated, but for folks voting for the related use case of “better creation and management of content types” please refer to site designs (aka.ms/spsitedesigns) as a modern mechanism to create/apply content types to site libraries. We are also looking at how this could be more easily supported from hub sites.

4. Add Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages.

Wikipedia had it implemented years ago. I suggest you to add a dynamically created Table of Contents (TOC) for SharePoint Wiki pages, according to the title-styles used in the documents.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  24 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow improving page loads

We tried to enable the page output cache on our Intranet (O365) but didn't not get any performance improvement. We enabled the debug and noticed the following message “8 Output cache not used. Reason: User can view an unpublished version of the current page”. We would like to be able to set the CacheForEditRights settings, but this is disabled through web.config settings. The link to the Cache Profiles list is also hidden online, but we were able to create a new profile anyway with this set (Allow writers to view cached content).

Since there's already a check if the page…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. drag and drop images in wiki pages and blogs

other CMS systems already allow this functionality. Instead of having to save an image somewhere and then upload it to SharePoint, let me just drag / drop images on the wiki and blog pages. Would be ideal for screenshots

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a decent photowebpart

Add a photowebpart that shows the content of a picture library in thumbnails. when you click a thumbnail, a popup will appear with the photo in a "normal size" (as available in _w hidden folder) and than you can browse the photos with next/previous buttons, with an option To show the picture in original size.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base