SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Promote page - Specify News Site

The new "Promote" functionality is a great step forward. Per presentations from Ignite & elsewhere, I understand the plan is to include the functionality to create a "newsletter" of multiple articles, etc. So I look forward to seeing this functionality evolve.

One item that would improve the delivered functionality, is the ability to specify what site to post your page as News onto.

Promote > Your Page as News on another site > Specify Site to promote on> Add promotional Copy (Auto-include a linking thumbnail of page)

Example: We have broken our intranet ecosystem into the following sites/categories:
    1) News…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Publishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be aware of the items are not displayed properly in grouped view.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):グループ化を利用したビューにおいて、アイテムが表示されなくなる

Be aware of the items are not displayed properly in grouped view.

■Description(内容):
    リストおよびライブラリにて、グループ化を利用したビューを作成した際、特定条件化においてアイテムが表示されなくなる事象を、設定変更せずに解消できるようにしてほしい。
    次の条件を満たすときに事象が発生します。

・リストに日付列がある。
    ・集計値として日付列を使って「MONTH(日付列)」といったような形で集計を行わせる。
    ・上記で作成した集計値の列をグループ化の列として指定する。
    ・既定のグループの表示方法は「折りたたみ」に設定しておく。

集計値の列にて、[この式から返されるデータの種類:] を "1 行テキスト" から "数値 (1、1.0、100)" に変更することで事象の回避は可能ではあるが、行の種類を変更したり、設定を変更せずとも
    グループ化したビューでアイテムが表示されるようにしてほしい。

When creating views using grouping in lists and libraries, the event occurs in which items are no longer to be displayed under certain conditions. Please correct this behavior without any setting changes or workarounds.

An event occurs when the following conditions are met.

• Date column exists in the List.

• Aggregated in a format such as "MONTH (date string)" using Date column as the calculated value.

• The column of…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit SharePoint Landing Page

I would like to be able to edit the SharePoint landing page with customizable web parts

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make the files and folders with long names completely displayed within a modern experience.

■Title(件名):モダン エクスペリエンスのドキュメント ライブラリに長い名称のファイルやフォルダーをアップロードしても完全な名前が表示されるようにしてほしい

Wishing to display the completed name when uploading the files or folders containing of long names into the document libraries of a modern experience.

■Description_JP (内容):現在、モダン エクスペリエンスのドキュメント ライブラリに長い名称のファイルやフォルダーをアップロード​すると、リスト ビュー上では名称が途切れてしまう。どのファイルやフォルダーなのかを判別しやすくするため、完全な名称をモダン エクスペリエンスのリストビュー上でも表示できるようにしてほしい。

I am currently aware of the broken names on a list view when uploading the files and folders containing of long names within a modern experience. To distinguish among some of the different files and folders, I really hope the completed name to be shown on a modern experience's list view as well.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create News Post needs more options.

The Create news post prompts to choose a site by going thru a long list. I don't even see the site I want to publish the new item in the list. Provide a box where users can just type in a url address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Modify the picture of thumbnails freely by the user via modern UI.

■Title(件名):モダン UI のドキュメント ライブラリのアイテムを上部に固定した際のサムネイル画像の変更できる機能の実装を希望します

Modify the picture of thumbnails freely by the user via modern UI.

■Description(内容):
    ドキュメント ライブラリ内によく使う SharePoint Online 外のリンクを用意し、上部に固定して表示しているが、サムネイルが同じなので分かり辛いためサムネイル画像を変更できる機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, I put the external link (in which frequently used in Document Libraries) fixedly displayed at the top of the site in SharePoint Online. Since thumbnails seem like the same picture, the users have a difficulty in seeing the image to reach the appropriate site.

For improve usability, I hope the feature to implement that enable changing the thumbnail images freely by each link via modern UI.

Thank you for your continued support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase functionality of SharePoint Communications Sites

Provide more functionality to SharePoint Communications Sites - let us track unique visits to the site.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Innlogging

Dette kunne der gjort mye enklere.
    OK med passord og innlogging, men legge inn en gang og dermed OK, trenger vel ikke passord 2 - 3 ganger for å åpne et dok:..?

Jan Kirkevåg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Access From First-party Apps

Normally, SharePoint can be accessed from other Microsoft apps like Teams, OneNote, and so on. However, when a location-based policy (IP restriction) is enabled, these apps are blocked, even though these apps are accessed within the trusted network boundary. This is because SharePoint cannot determine whether a user of these apps is within the trusted boundary.

Please add a feature to enable Microsoft applications like Teams to support location-based policies.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Respect The AlternateCSSUrl

The AlternateCSSUrl (specified in the "Master Page" area of Settings.aspx") does not appear to apply to the new modern pages. I think it should. CSS has been used to change the colors of the top level navigation links, but those changes don't propagate to modern pages (even if the correct tags are used for the menu there). How else can I get a consistent look and feel within the site as a whole? Some people may be using the classic pages for lists and libraries, and others the modern ones.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use your Feedback butoon for us

I would like to remove this feedback button, or change it to my personal use.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. approve multiple recons at once

My recons are all on one spreadsheet. To approve each of the G/L accounts is it possible for the preparer and reviewer to select a group of them to mark as complete and approved instead of approving each one separately. Doing one by one takes a lot of time and is inefficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create new SharePoint site

Hello, how can I create new share point site please? I cant find the option anywhere.
    Thank you
    Zuzana

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. opinion

add some resources for revision please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. improve the setting to modify the above limit of version control.

■Title(件名):バージョン管理の上限値の設定をテナント単位、もしくはサイト単位にて変更する設定について

Regarding the setting to modify the above limit of version control setting per tenant or site.

■Description_JP (内容):バージョン管理の機能について、リスト / ライブラリを多く作成している場合、リスト / ライブラリごとに設定するのは非常に手間がかかります。そのため、バージョン管理の上限値の設定をテナント単位、もしくはサイト単位にて変更する設定を実装していただきたいです。

I am currently creating a tremendous amount of lists or libraries along with the feature of version control and that actually causes me a lot of troubles because of the necessity for creating per a set of list or library. Therefore, I hope the setting to be available that could enable me to change the above limit of version control function per tenant or site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Event Aggregation on SharePoint Home

The news aggregation feature is awesome

Add the same functionality for calendar items across all your sites.

Showing A) Newly created event items B) Today's or This Week's events

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search only in one or some columns

In List and Document libraries search only in selected columns. If I am finding any document with for example my name inside the documents or items, the all documents where I am author is found. It may be good only in some situations but not at all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the column that displayed in tile view can be change to other column

ドキュメントのタイルに既定で表示されている列名を別の列名に変更

[Office 365 グループ サイト] または [SharePoint サイト] において、ドキュメント ライブラリを [タイル] 表示にした場合、[タイル] の下の部分に既定で表示される [タイトル] と [更新者] の情報を別の列の名前に変更したい

Make the column that displayed in tile view can be change to other column
    In either Office 365 group sites or SharePoint sites, if you change it to tile view in the document library, it will display the info of “tile” and “Updated by” in the bottom part of “tile” by default.
    I would like to change it to other column’s info, so please improve the feature and make tile view can be changeable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. auto completed forms/ features

Would be easier for user to have their department/ starting shift/ A# information to auto complete once one major field (Name or A#) is entered in the new sheet. would be more convenient and user friendly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. have me output the subsite list of the created sites.

■Title(件名):作成サイトの一覧抽出について

Regarding the output of the list of a created site.

■Description_JP (内容):SharePoint Online に作成されているサイトのサブサイトの一覧を標準機能にて取得できるようにてほしいその際、"サイト名" "サイト URL" "サイトの権限" ”使用している Web パーツ” を一覧で簡潔に取得できるように希望します。 

I hope that I will be able to acquire the subsite list created along with the standard feature in SharePoint Online. Precisely, I wish to get compactly a list showing "site name", "site URL", "site right", and ”Web parts used ”

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base