SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To be able to see a list of all the sites that are under a HUB

I need to access to all the sites that are part of my HUB. As they are a lot, I need to have bookmarks for each one them.
    I'd like that SharePoint has an option in the HUB settings that would show you the links to all the sites that are part of this HUB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A document's direct link/URL should open the document as defined in library settings

when a direct link to a sharepoint document is sent in an email (for example: https://abc.sharepoint.com/file.xlsx), it should open in excel online after the recipient clicks it but its opening in the client version even when under the sharepoint library settings the default open behavior for browser-enabled documents is set to "open in browser" which is causing data locks.

It should open just like the same way it opens when you go to https://abc.sharepoint.com/ and click on file.xlsx

I thought it might be an OS issue but according to the link below, Microsoft is throwing the ball in your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consistent padding

Web parts have variant padding and look badly out of alignment.

I have a page with a slider, a tiled hero below it, and then a news part. All three of these parts have different padding on their left edge. Not one of them aligns.

Is anyone even QA-ing these parts on a page together before they are published?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide hub site menu

How about you actually do what you claim?

"If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it."

This post has been active for over 18 months and has over 100 votes, yet no response.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/34359046-ability-to-hide-the-hub-site-navigation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hub Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pagination options for Image Gallery

The Image Gallery web part displays pagination as '1 of 3' or however many slides there are. It displays this number with uneven padding below the slider itself, taking up page space.

Even if there aren't other pagination options PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF AESTHETICS give me the ability to turn of pagination. No pagination is better than....this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Images fill image gallery

My idea is truly ubelievably incredibly original:

Have the images in the gallery slider actually fill the slider instead of adding grey bars on either edge! Revolutionary and inventive...right?

Wrong.

The highlight Content web part does this already so the functionality is already built. They didn't want to add it to the image gallery because that would make it actually functional reducing sales of image slider web parts in the sharepoint store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pagination options for highlighted content slider

A highlighted content slider has '1 of 3' or however many slides there are below the slider. This cannot be removed, changed, or even moved up onto the slider instead of hanging below it.

Additionally the padding is really uneven.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No text above highlighted content image display

When you create a highlighted content slider, there is a text box above the slider that cannot be removed. If you try to delete the text, the system auto populates the field with the name of the content source.

I can't believe this isn't a feature already....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock document for editing while waiting for the retention label to be applied

Currently if you set document status to "Final" it may take from 2-7 days before the retention label is applied and the lock occurs next to the document. In this interim period other users may change the document, which should be avoided. Are there any plans to shorten the time for retention labels to be applied, or somehow prevent the document to be updated in the meantime?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Metadata  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User permissions on a document library: Block deleting of files but still allow users to Move files in to sub-folders and rename.

Currently you can block users from deleting files; but this also blocks the users from moving files to into sub-folders or to another document libraries and renaming the file name. These permissions should be separated. A user should not be able to delete but still be able to move a file to a Sub Folder and rename a file.

In any modern application these are just basic steps that should be allowed and I can’t believe you can’t perform these basic steps.

Please fix!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want to change the email format when sending sharing message in SharePoint Online

The email invitation sent from SharePoint Online when you are sharing would be written in the HTML format by default and can’t be changed. This might trigger the corrupted message due to the system or mailer that recipients are using, and they may not be able to read the message. So, I would like you to implement a feature to change the email format optionally from HTML to txt for which automatically sent from SharePoint Online to workaround this situation. I think this would improve the reliability and efficiency in the future!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. set view In folders of content type

Display a list using the new experience, set view In folders of content type, it doesn't work. But it work normally in the classic experience. I think set view In folders of content type should also support the new experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the shared users to delete files when accessing the file from the shared link

Although we set Anyone with the link for Link settings to share the link to external users, they cannot delete the files when accessing the files from the shared link.

It would be great if shared users can delete the file when accessing it via shared link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to create a shorter SharePoint site url

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    URL の長さについて
    I want to create a shorter SharePoint site url

■Description(内容):
    サイトの URL をハイパーリンク等に使用する際に、SharePoint サイトの URL が長いため、リンクが開けない。
    上記のような事象を防ぐために、SharePoint サイトの URL を短く生成できる機能の実装を要望します。
    When site urls are used as hyperlinks, those links cannot be opened as the SharePoint site url is long.
    In order to prevent the problem above, I hope for a feature to create a shortened version of the SharePoint site url.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Apply permissions to individual rows

We have developed a powerapp for people to submit data on a monthly basis that is written to a sharepoint list. We want to be able to lock prior month data to become read only. This means changing the permission on individual rows.

Current functionality only allows read only to apply to the whole list or records not created by the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Target Audience to Menu and DropDown items on Hubsites

Please add security group audience targeting to navigational items on Hubsites. This would allow us to move from Classic to Modern.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. permissions pane

As a site owner, I should be able to update the default group for a site without losing the modern permissions interface.

When I updated the default permission group from Members to Visitors, the modern permissions pane interface for sharing the site was lost and has only the link to advanced permission settings. Changing the default back to Members restored it.

While I understand the need to drop the walls a bit on permissions overall, these changes to permission defaults or group names are normal business needs and should be accommodated in future updates to the interface.

Bump for a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Web パーツ ニュースを横並びスタイルの時に名前と時間の表示が重なってしまう Name and time display overlaps when Web Part news is tiled

IE (Internet Explorer) でコミュニケーション サイトの Web パーツ ニュースを横並びスタイルの時に名前と時間の表示が重なってしまい、名前が完全に隠れてしまうので、文字が重ならない様に改善してほしい。

他のブラウザーではこの事象は起きないが、IE をメインで使っているので、非常に困っています。

早く改善してください。

IE (Internet Explorer) will match the name and time display when you are side-by-side web Part news on your communication site, and the names will be completely hidden, so you should improve the characters so that they don't overlap.

This doesn't happen in other browsers, but I'm mainly using IE, so I'm very troubled.

Please improve quickly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement a feature to specify files to be shared externally for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    SharePointとOneDrive for Businessにて外部共有されたファイルを特定したい。
    Implement a feature to specify files to be shared externally for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint・OneDrive for Business にて外部共有設定を有効化し、プロジェクトを進めている。プロジェクトが終わった時に外部ユーザーが共有を解除せずにファイルにアクセスできている可能性があるため、セキュリティー強化のためにもSharePointとOneDrive for Businessにて外部共有されたファイルを特定する機能の拡充を希望します。​
    Our project is proceeding with the Share Externally setting being enabled for both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business. As there is a possibility that external users do not remove the share status after the project is over and continue to access files, and also from a security point of view, I hope that a feature to specify the files that are to be shared externally can be implemented for both…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Functions that use link to an external reference

■Title(件名):
    関数を用いた外部参照機能について
    Functions that use link to an external reference

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online 上の Excel ファイルにて COUNTIF などの関数を用いて外部参照機能を行うと、[#VALUE!] のエラー値が表示される。
    参照しているファイルと同時に開くことで回避はできるが、単体でファイルを開いたときにも外部参照ができるように機能の追加を要望します。​
    When functions like COUNTIF are used on Excel files in SharePoint Online and uses link to an external reference, the error value [#VALUE!] is shown.
    This can be avoided by opening the referenced file together, but I hope that this can be changed so that links to an external reference can work even when only 1 file is opened.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 511 512
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base