SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Detail Panel must allow user to set defaults

It looks like there is a default on what the user set - if they click on the I and it is visible, it will be visible next time. Same if its off.

But if you scroll the page horizontally to see the columns in the page, the details pane automatically opens. This is disruptive specially when you have a list with a large number of columns .

This seems like a bug - can you please ifx it?

Thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to hide and show Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways content to different groups

Would be good to be able to turn on a playlist for one group and hide from another group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. News web part - enable category toggle in layout

in current state in News web part, one can turn on and off various options (show author, show number of views, show first publish date).
    It needs to be able to detect a category column and enable display of category on the news web part preview, much like it recognizes and displays the site name content comes from if rolled up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Testing User Permissions

As an admin, i need a way to test folder permissions as if i am the user without asking the user for their password and logging in as them.

Your support team had me "check permissions" which showed up ok but the user still did not have the correct access to our company sales folder (upload access). The user sent screen shot from a web browser showing no upload rights and questioned that our company (and us in IT) knew what we were doing. He was a new hire which did not make us look good. When i had to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide classic site templates for sub sites under modern communication and group connected team sites.

When creating a sub site under a modern communication site or group connected team sites, see options to select "Team Site (classic experience), Blog, Project Site, Community Sit", and these all are classic site templates.
    If the root site (communication site) is customized with modern features like, Theme (for corporate branding), Hub site, Hub site navigation, SPFx Application customizer, the sub site created with classic templates fails to render the above modern features. And it is difficult to navigate to other sites from the classic site.
    Either stop showing such classic site templates except (Team site (no Office 365 group))…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smart Art Web Part

Create a web part that uses something similar to PowerPoint's smart art feature to create quick workflow diagrams on SharePoint Modern Pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In large lists, allow to sort/filter on columns inside a folder with few items

In large lists (> 5000 items), when inside a folder with a very few items, if we click on a column to apply sorting or filtering, SharePoint throws the threshold error.
    Since we are inside a folder that has only a small subset (below threshold) of all the items in the list, this should work.
    Reference Microsoft Support Ticket 17044499

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to add shortcuts to OneDrive app.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリにショートカットの作成機能を追加希望
    Ability to add shortcuts to OneDrive app.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリにて、トップ フォルダーの画面からよく使うフォルダーにアクセスをするには手間がかかる。
    すぐに開きたいフォルダーにアクセスができるよう、フォルダーのショートカットの作成機能を追加希望。
    In OneDrive, there are folders on the top-level folder screen that I use often.
    I would like the option to create shortcuts to folders I use often.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Operating timeframe in OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの操作時間について
    Operating timeframe in OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリで操作中、一定の時間が経過するとトップ フォルダーの画面に戻ってしまう。
    そのため、深い階層までアクセスをするのに非常に手間がかかる。
    アプリをタスクから終了するまで、操作していた画面から遷移しないよう、動作の変更を希望。

While using the OneDrive app, after an amount of time has elapsed it returns the view to the top-level folder.
    Because of that, it takes time to get back to the folders that are needed deep down in the file system.
    I would prefer if the app stayed at the selected level of the file system until my work there is complete.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Regarding the “Like” function on News pages.

■Title(件名):
    ニュースページの ”いいね” について
    Regarding the “Like” function on News pages.
    ■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint Online にてニュース ページを投稿し日々の周知を行っております。
    該当の投稿に ”いいね” が押下されると自動で通知が送信される動作となります。
    ですが該当のページに ”いいね” 項目のオフなどの実装に至っておらず不要な通知が送信される場合がございます。
    該当機能のオン、オフ、もしくは、通知設定の切り替えができるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    We currently use news pages Share Point Online for notification on everyday bases. When we get “Like”s, we automatically receive notification. Even when we do not need some of those notifications, we still get them as there is no function to switch it off. Therefore, we would like you to expand that function to allow it to be turned on/off, or choose when to receive notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. page analytics

Please provide more analytics on usage within a page, so that we can optimize our page design. For example, is the navbar being used? What is the most used link? Are users engaging with a web part on a page?

This will give us the ability to design more effective pages and sites

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Boxed style for lists and list webparts

I'd like to use the old style "boxed" for a list in modern UI.

My objective is to have a webpart showing a targeted set of icons/links, selecting shown icons depending of user's permissions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be very useful to be able to resize image web parts as they can become easily disproportionate to the page if it is the only part.

It would be very useful to be able to resize image web parts as they can become easily disproportionate to the page if it is the only part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to mandate the applying of labels on a document library

The ability to make the applying of a label when a document library is created mandatory. If not possible, notifications sent when a document library does not have a label applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Floating" Libraries

So I am having the issue at the moment where my organisation cannot agree on how they want to view their data. If the libraries were floating i.e. unlinked to a specific SharePoint, and instead was it's own entity that could be linked across multiple teams & SharePoint sites, then I could keep everyone happy. My managers could see all the libraries they needed to in one shared area, while the individual teams could add documents to the same libraries while only being able to see the data that is relevant to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. font

Ability to upload company font or choose a different font on modern sites as the current font is not easy on the eye.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Path Column in Files need attention list view

In the Modern Experience, the views in the list/library have a default section in the view list that appears at the top called 'Files need attention' view. When the mouse pointer is hovered near the path column items, it displays ‘ Click this link to open the folder containing the item’.
    Based on the above prompt it is clear that by design it should navigate to the file location. But it fails to navigate to the file location upon clicking the path section. This seems to be an issue with the functionality of the design.

Hence, in this particular case…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In SharePoint Online (Classic UI) custom lists, I want to be able to copy data from Excel into the Enterprise Keyword column

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online (クラシック UI) のカスタム リストにて、エンタープライズキーワード列に、Excel ファイルからコピーできるようにする
    In SharePoint Online (Classic UI) custom lists, I want to be able to copy data from Excel into the Enterprise Keyword column

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online (クラシック UI) のカスタム リストにて、エンタープライズキーワード列に、クリック編集にて Excel ファイルからコピーをすると "タグ付けUIから返されたデータの書式が正しくありません" というエラーが発生します。
    正常に大量のデータをコピーする必要があるため、Excel ファイルからコピーができるように機能の追加を希望します。
    If you try to copy data from Excel into the Enterprise Keyword column of a custom list in SharePoint Online (Classic UI), it returns an error that reads “The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly.”
    I need to be able to copy-paste large volumes of data, so I want…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a feature to hide the OneDrive link in the quick launch

Add a feature to hide the OneDrive link in the quick launch on some web parts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Anchor links in menu and suggested links

Addition of anchor links is great, and here are a two things that would make the user experience better.

1. Allow linking to anchors in site menu navigation
    2. Have the anchor appear in the list of suggested links when using the text editor to add a link, or at least available while in edit mode. Saves time from having to leave edit, fethc the link and the go back to editing, esp if you have many anchor links.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 492 493
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base