SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If rolling up events, web part should show origin site

If you roll up events in the web part, the events show, but you can't tell where they came from. We have multiple sites for contests, and events called 'Final Selection' don't mean anything without the context.

It would be nice to have the option to show the original site name, with a link, like you do for the news web part when it rolls up news.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. table column headings in text web part on modern pages are not accessible

The text web part on modern pages allows inserting a table and styling it to have column headers. However, these headers aren't actually reflected in the HTML when the page is rendered. This lack of true headers makes the table less accessible to screen reader users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enhancing the Mark Down Web Part to allow input from source file url

The Mark Down web part is great but it would be better if the content was kept up to date automatically . Options, 1 )Allow for source url of the md file, hosted in GITHub ( great for orgs with SSO and private repos) , 2 ) a document library ( this would make life harder as will require a flow or provisioning script to move the file out of GitHub)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SharePoint Online にゲスト ユーザーのプレゼンス表示をしたい I want to display the presence of guest users on SharePoint Online

Skype for Business は今後 Teams へと移行になるが、Teams のプレゼンス情報が SharePoint Online で表示可能となるよう UserVoice がすでに投稿されている。それにあわせて SharePoint Online で、別のテナントのゲスト ユーザーのプレゼンス表示ができるようにということも機能拡充してほしい。

Skype for Business will move to Teams in the future, but UserVoice has already been posted so that Teams presence information can be displayed on SharePoint Online. At the same time, we would like to expand the functionality so that the presence of guest users of other tenants can be displayed on SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize the navigation for top link bar in SPO modern team site

It would be great if you could implement a standard feature to customize the top link bar, such as showing the nested navigation in the link bar in SPO modern team site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable to drag SharePoint files in jumplist 'attached'

When a file is dragged into the taskbar with the purpose of pinning this file. Then this pin disappears after opening the file. This only occurs when the file is stored in SharePoint.

(drag)Pinning SharePoint file > pinned in ‘attached’ > open file > file removed from jumplist ‘attached’

Pinning SharePoint files only works when the file is opened and appears between the "recent" jumplist, and then the Pushpin is clicked for pinning.

Local files can always be pinned. (I am not experiencing any problems here)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable other users to view items when requiring check-out

When requiring check-out items in Document Library, other users are not able to view them because the uploaded items are automatically checked out. So, please let other users to view/read the items with that condition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. disable search box on SharePoint Modern site page

I want to disable that search this site box, as I created search site for the users. Two searches confuse the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Want to make a shorter URL that is generated by read-only users when they click the file link in document library

If users who have read-only permission create the link of file in a document library, its URL is generated in a very long form.
    I would request that the URL that is created by read-only users would be issued as the same length of URL that is generated by users who have a full control permission.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We would like to see a lookup column automatically scroll to a matched item as characters are typed.

When you use the "Quick Edit" feature on a list to edit items, lookup items are automatically scrolled-to or found as characters are typed into the field. This feature should be available in the single item edit in the modern list experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We encountered an error while trying to connect. Access to the resource is forbidden.

When setting up a data source from Excel (Power BI may have the same issue right now), it errors out. To try this at home, please go to Excel, click the Data tab -> select "From Online Services" -> "From SharePoint Online List" -> in the prompt paste in your SharePoint root site and watch the "Unable to Connect" error. I have had a Microsoft Premier support case open since 7/12/2019 on this but all I get is "Our product team has no update" when I ask about an update to this. Can we get any update at all please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can’t view the image embedded in the multiple line of texts column in custom lists

If you use mobile device to view the image which embedded in the multiple line of texts column in custom lists, the image won’t be shown and be a blank column instead. It is successfully shown in PC, so I would request you to improve this behavior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send a notification mail to all group owners

I would request for the notification mail informs that team site size have reached to the limit to be sent to all Office 365 groups as well as their owners. Currently it is not sent to group owners while it is sent to Office 365 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add ability to retain Read permission which has been granted when they’re posted for the next post

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャンネルに動画を投稿する際に設定した閲覧権限を、次回投稿時にも引き継げる機能の拡充希望

Add ability to retain Read permission which has been granted when they’re posted for the next post
    ■Description(内容):
    チャンネルに動画を投稿する際に設定した閲覧権限を、既定で次回投稿時にも引き継げる機能の拡充希望します。

If we set Read permission when posting video to channel first time, we would like to keep this permission for the next posts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show an indication of the available size of content in the Multiple lines of text type column

It would be great if an indicator shows users the size limit of content can be entered in a Multiple lines of text type column.
    Because when the content size reaches more than 1 MB, the error will be shown to users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UI doesn’t clearly indicate the user who have permission through a shared link

In the PERMISSIONS setting page in SPO, users who have granted permission through a shared link are shown under “Users who have permission through a shared link (manage links to remove users)” which shown as “アクセス許可画面で共有リンク (ユーザーを削除する リンクを管理します) を通じたアクセス許可を持つユーザー)” in Japanese and it’s hard to understand. It would be great if you could change its sentence to be clearer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Event List calendar web part in modern sites

Want to be able to add a visual calendar to our modern Sharepoint site. Need a more broad view of our HR calendar than a list of events. Currently using a workaround with the app added on a new page in navigation, but we want to be able to view it on our main page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. multi-select "open in browser"

If I select a single item and right-click it, the menu as a command: "open in browser", which opens a document in a new tab.

If I select multiple documents though, I no longer have that command available.
    For certain workflows, I want to select multiple files and open them all in separate tabs with a single command.

"Open in browser" should be available for multi-select, regardless of document type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prompt for metadata on upload

As was the case in classic, users should be prompted add metadata before a file is uploaded to libraries with content types or required information.

I realize this has been posted before, but nothing satisfactory has yet to be done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quick Edit

Quick Edit is a joke. It is super difficult to use and almost easier to edit 100's of document meta data by hand.

After each entry the screen jumps back to the top causing you to scroll All the way back down to find your last entry.

There is no way to tell which row you are on unless you scroll all the way back up to the top to find the row headers.

When you hit tab to move to the next box your jumped back to the top.

I am finding I need to use CTRL+F in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 469 470
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base