SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shortcut that works for both the web and onedrive sync client

it would be nice to have the shortcut that works for both the web and onedrive sync client. Currently, if a user create a shortcut on the web, it's a url. so when onedrive client user open the link, it will open a webpage. However, when onedrive client user create a shortcut on their pc, it's just a computer path which not ususable on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable 'Title' information when syncing document library to OneDrive in File Explorer on the PC

When syncing a document library from SharePoint to File Explorer on the local computer using OneDrive, the 'Title' information of the file is not synced to the local computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow renaming a document to an already existing filename in the library in order to create a new version

In many cases documents will be received via e-mail and it is easy to upload them (drag&drop) into the library. In case there is a defined naming convention for files, the file needs to be renamed.
    It might happen, that this filename is already used. If so, SharePoint should ask if the existing file should be overwritten with a new version as it does when uploading a document with the same name several times..
    As a result only one document having two versions should exist.

A current workaroud is saving the file locally, checking in SharePoint and then uploading from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Online Viewer / Editor for Access DB Files in SharePoint online

It would be an amazing feature if you could open up Access DB files in SharePoint online. You can currently only download the .accde file, but the workflow would be much faster if you could open an online View for the DB file and even edit it. Therefore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Site Information" cannot be expanded for Modern UI SharePoint sites on Internet Explorer 11

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Internet Explorer 11 では モダン UI の SharePoint サイトで "サイト情報" を展開できない。
    "Site Information" cannot be expanded for Modern UI SharePoint sites on Internet Explorer 11

■Description(内容):
    Internet Explorer 11 では モダン UI の SharePoint サイトで "サイト情報" を展開しようとすると、瞬間的に "サイト情報" の表示が展開されるが、すぐに閉じてしまう。
    他ブラウザーでは、正常に "サイト情報" を展開できているため、Internet Explorer 11 でも正常に "サイト情報" を展開できるよう、修正を希望する​。
    When we try to expand "Site Information" for Modern UI SharePoint sites on Internet Explorer 11, "Site Information" will be expanded for just an instance and close immediately.
    "Site Information" can be expanded normally for other browsers, so we hope that this can get corrected to make "Site Information"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request for a feature to update existing lists that contain many items at once

■Title(件名):
    多数のアイテムを含む既存のリストを一括で更新する機能の要望
    Request for a feature to update existing lists that contain many items at once

■Description(内容):
    現在、SharePoint Online では既存のカスタム リストを一括で変更することができない。
    Access や Excel にて同期やエクスポートを行う場合、複数行テキストが反映されず、多数のアイテムを含むリストの変更する際に手動でのコピー アンド ペーストで変更する必要がある。
    複数行テキストを含むリストを一括で更新する機能を提供してほしい。
    Currently existing custom lists cannot be changed at once for SharePoint Online.
    When synchronizing or exporting in Access or Excel, multi-line text is not reflected, and when changing a list that contains many items, users need to copy and paste manually.
    We hope that a feature will be provided to update lists containing multi-line text at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opening MP3 files using Classic UI

■Title(件名):
    クラシック UI で MP3 ファイルを開く際の動作について
    Opening MP3 files using Classic UI

■Description(内容):
    Internet Explorer を利用し、クラシック UI 表示のライブラリに保存している MP3 ファイルを開こうとすると、自動的に Windows Media Player が起動しファイルが開けない動作となる。
    別ブラウザーやモダン UI で回避が可能だが、Internet Explorer を利用し、クラシック UI 表示の​場合でも MP3 ファイルが開けるように機能拡張を希望します。
    If users try to open MP3 files that are stored in the Classic UI library using Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player starts automatically but the file cannot be opened.
    This can be avoided by using another browser or Modern UI, but we hope that Internet Explorer can be used with the Classic UI display to open MP3 files.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Version histories for list items in Preservation Hold Library

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保管ライブラリ内のリストアイテムのバージョン履歴について
    Version histories for list items in Preservation Hold Library

■Description(内容):
    "アイテム保管ライブラリ" 内のアイテムについて、"バージョン履歴" の作成が有効になっているにも関わらず、リスト アイテムのみ、バージョン履歴毎のアイテムが保存されません。

ドキュメント ライブラリ同様、バージョン毎の保存を要望いたします。
    Version history items for list items in the Preservation Hold Library are not saved despite the "Version history" setting been enabled.

We hope that every version can be saved just like how it is done for the document library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. サイト ロゴの変更を行うことができない I can't change my site logo

モダン UI のチーム サイトでサイト情報からサイトのロゴやサイト名を変更しようとしても出来ない。
    また、外観の変更からもサイト名の変更ができません。
    以前は出来たと思うのですが、出来ず困っています。

どうやら、最近作成されたサイトのみ出来ないようです。
    非常に困っているので、早期の解決を望みます。

You can't try to change the site logo or site name from site information on a team site in the modern UI.
    Also, you cannot change the site name from a change in appearance.
    I think i could do it before, but I'm in trouble because I can't.

Apparently, only recently created sites can not be done.
    I'm in a lot of trouble, so I hope for an early solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. サイト ロゴの変更を行うことができない I can't change my site logo

モダン UI のチーム サイトでサイト情報からサイトのロゴやサイト名を変更しようとしても出来ない。
    また、外観の変更からもサイト名の変更ができません。
    以前は出来たと思うのですが、出来ず困っています。

You can't try to change the site logo or site name from site information on a team site in the modern UI.
    Also, you cannot change the site name from a change in appearance.
    I think i could do it before, but I'm in trouble because I can't.

Apparently, only recently created sites can not be done.
    I'm in a lot of trouble, so I hope for an early solution.

どうやら、最近作成されたサイトのみ出来ないようです。
    非常に困っているので、早期の解決を望みます。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please implement a feature to let only users that deleted items be able to check those items in the recycle bin

■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱に移動したアイテムに対して、削除したユーザーのみがごみ箱から対象のファイルの確認ができるような機能の実装を希望します。
    Please implement a feature to let only users that deleted items be able to check those items in the recycle bin

■Description(内容):
    現在の SharePoint Online の動作として、ごみ箱内にあるアイテムは、アイテムを削除したユーザーの他、対象のアイテムに対し編集権限以上の権限を持つユーザーもごみ箱にどのようなアイテムがあるのか確認ができてしまっています。

運用上、自身がどのようなアイテムを削除しているのか等を他ユーザーに確認されるのを避けたいケースもあるため、アイテムを削除した当人しか確認が取れないようなユーザー独自のごみ箱機能の実装を希望します。
    Currently for SharePoint Online, items in the recycle bin can be checked by the user who deleted it, as well as by any user who has more than editing permissions for that item.

As there are cases where users do not want other users to check what items they have deleted, so we hope that a recycle bin feature will be implemented to make it so that only…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We hope a feature will be implemented to change the notation for days on the calendar.

English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    カレンダーの曜日の表記を変更する機能の実装を希望します。
    We hope a feature will be implemented to change the notation for days on the calendar.

■Description(内容):
    カレンダーの曜日の表記を変更できるような機能の実装を希望します。

例えば、Monday → Mon​ / 月曜日 → 月 等

We hope a feature will be implemented to change the notation for days on the calendar.

Eg.) Monday → Mon etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Regarding the behaviour of document libraries

English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ドキュメント ライブラリの動作について
    Regarding the behaviour of document libraries

■Description(内容):
    必須列が設定されたドキュメント ライブラリに、クラシック UI またはエクスプローラー経由でアイテムをアップロードすると、自動的にファイルがチェックアウトされてしまい、他のユーザーにアップロードしたアイテムが表示されない。勝手にチェックアウトされては困るので、そのままアップロードされるよう改善して欲しい。
    When items are uploaded from the Classic UI or explorer to document libraries that have compulsory columns set, files will be checked out automatically, and the items uploaded will not be displayed to other users. It is very troublesome for users when checkout is done automatically, so please change this to let the upload continue by itself.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Regarding the linking of Classic UI lists and Microsoft Teams presence information

English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    クラシック UI のリストと Microsoft Teams のプレゼンス情報の連動について
    Regarding the linking of Classic UI lists and Microsoft Teams presence information

■Description(内容):
    クラシック UI のリストでは、Microsoft Teams を利用するユーザーのプレゼンス情報を表示することが可能ですが、限られた条件下 (Web ブラウザーは Internet Explorer であることなど) で一部のプレゼンスのみしか表示することができません。
    条件に左右されず、Microsoft Teams を利用するユーザーの全てのプレゼンス情報が表示される機能の実装を希望します。
    Classic UI lists can be used to display the presence information for users that use Microsoft Teams, but this is under certain conditions (web browser used has to be Internet Explorer etc.) and only a part of the presence will be displayed.
    We hope that this feature can be changed so that all the the presence information for users that use Microsoft Teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page Template Dynamic Metadata

Because using the modern page template simply clones the existing page (metadata included) it is difficult to pass any dynamic metadata into the newly created page without automation.

For example, I have a page template for a News Page with a metadata value for Publish Date. However, I cannot use a dynamic value like [Today] for it to default the publish date to Today. I can either leave it blank and ask the user to fill it out, or put some random date which doesn't make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tipo de letra

Que cuando en cambiar apariencia , cambias un tipo de letra para un sitio, después en el sitio muestre el tipo de letra que has definido y no el que viene por defecto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit news links

I've added a news link to the News web part in SharePoint but did not complete the description field. I'd like to be able to edit that news link to have a description. It would also be good if we could edit the title of a news link post posting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Regarding the Grouped feature

■Title(件名):
    グループ化機能について
    Regarding the Grouped feature

■Description(内容):
    現在の SharePoint Online では、リストのビューにてグループ化を行う​ことで、ツリービューの表示にすることができます。

しかしながら Web パーツにおいて、複数のリストを一つの Web パーツに集約させ、グループ化表示をすることができません。

部署ごとのリストや複数のリストを管理している場合において、一つの Web パーツ上でグループ化を維持することができれば、見やすく、スマートな表示をすることができますので、機能の拡充を要望します。

例として、コンテンツ検索 Web パーツでグループ化やツリービュー表示ができるとより良いと考えます。
    Currently for SharePoint Online, tree view display can be done by grouping list views together.

However for Web Parts, multiple lists cannot be consolidated together to make a Grouped display.

When managing lists for each department or multiple lists, it will be easy to look at and appear smart looking if users can maintain the grouping on one Web Part, so we hope this can be provided.

As an example, it will be great if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow viewing the latest version of Excel file after deleting and re-uploading the file in SPO

First, download Excel file saved in document library into local PC, then delete the Excel file from the document library.
    After that, if you edit the Excel file in Excel client and upload it to the document library again, the Excel file may open with the old version, which is before edit.

The behavior might depend on the user’s Excel client, but it is not realistic to troubleshoot against Excel clients for all users when the number of users is large.

So, we would like you to improve the behavior that allows viewing the latest version of files in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request to implement a function that controls upload capacity for each user in Stream.

■Title(件名):
    Stream にてユーザーごとにアップロード容量を制御する機能の実装要望。
    Request to implement a function that controls upload capacity for each user in Stream.

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能では、ユーザーごとにアップロードできる容量を管理することができないため、ユーザーごとにアップロード容量を制御する機能の実装を要望します。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 558 559
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base