SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secondary languages of sites

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    サイトの第二言語について
    Secondary languages of sites

■Description(内容):
    クラシック UI のサイトで、サイトの第二言語をすべて解除(未設定)した状態での保存ができない動作を確認しております。
    サイトの表示言語につきましては、サイトの既定の言語とサイトにアクセスするユーザーのユーザー プロファイルの言語設定のマッチング状況により、調整可能であることは認識しております。

しかしながら、サイトの構成上、サイトの第二言語をすべて解除した状態での運用が望ましいシナリオもあるため、
    サイトの第二言語がすべて解除(未設定) の状態で保存できるよう、機能の修正を希望します。

On Classic UI sites, it is not possible to save the site with all of the secondary languages deleted (not set).
    We understand that the site secondary language is adjustable depending on how the site default language matches with the language settings on the user profiles of users accessing the site.
    However, due to how sites are put together, there are scenarios where it is preferable to use sites where all of the secondary languages are removed.
    Please change the system such…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add tenant default storage quota per site and per template

Currently at tenant level you can only set if the storage quotas should be managed automatically or manually per site. Plus, the default quota storage limit per site is 25TB and you cannot it.

There should be a more granular way at tenant level for admins to managed the storage quotas limits per site template so that we can define what should the default values for a Team, Communication or Private Channel sites.

This would avoid admins to creating provisioning scripts and automations specifically for this purpose. In additions, there's no provisioning method in order to have control on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow use of the “All users with the link” setting for site pages

■Title(件名):
    サイト ページで "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" が設定可能な機能を希望します。
    Allow use of the “All users with the link” setting for site pages

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint サイトのサイト ページにあるアイテムは、 "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" がグレーアウトとなっており、共有の設定を実施する必要があります。
    ドキュメント ライブラリ内のファイルなどのアイテムのように、 "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" を設定が行えるよう機能の追加を希望します。

Items on SharePoint site pages have the “All users with the link” setting greyed out, requiring sharing settings to be implemented on them.
    I would like the ability to use the “All users with the link” setting in the same way as is possible for files etc. in document libraries.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Options to allow/prohibit words/keywords set by an administrator in site page libraries

■Title(件名):
    サイトのページライブラリの機能改善として、管理者が定めた言語やキーワードを禁止や許可する設定を追加要望
    Options to allow/prohibit languages/keywords set by an administrator in site page libraries

■Description(内容):
    サイトのページ ライブラリ名を英数字でのみ作成するなど、管理者が定めた言語やキーワードを禁止または許可する設定の機能追加を要望します。
    We would like an option where the names of page libraries on sites can be restricted to alphanumeric characters, or have languages/keywords specifically allowed/restricted by administrators

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Site Contents Organizer

The site contents are is used by a wide audience -- Developers, Administrators, and Users. It would be nice if there was a type of folder view where different lists could be grouped into. If a site has a myriad of lists, list types, and lists that fulfill different functions, it can get unwieldy quickly.

Being able to visually organize these lists would be helpful.

Also, if we are organizing lists in a "folder structure" it would be nice to assign security to the lists based on this folder structure as well. For instance, a developer may have "system lists"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For hack link, make Site Analytics "Most Viewed" area shows Last 90 and 30 days data for audit purpose as it only shows last 7 days now.

For hack link, make Site Analytics "Most Viewed" area shows Last 90 and 30 days data for audit purpose as it only shows last 7 days now.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. site usage should be available for all owners

The Site Usage page accessed by clicking the Cog in the top right and 'Site Usage' doesn't work for external users. The page returns a blank set of reports. If I allow my users access to the site I am happy to let them see the usage report for the site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a separate recycle bin for for the site or subsite in Sharepoint Online

When I go to my subsite and click Recycle Bin, I see the bin for the entire site collection, not just the one for the sub site. This adds considerable time to my search considering there is poor search capabilities on this function already.
    I'd like to have an option to see a Recycle Bin for each separate site, and at the top of the site collection have a separate Recycle Bin which shows items for the entire site collection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove the list view threshold in Sharepoint. This is critical when creating a team site in Sharepoint that will be used to share data

Remove the list view threshold in Sharepoint. This is critical when creating a team site in Sharepoint that will be used to share a large amount of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide or make the Site Page URL viewable by site admins only

We do not want user's to be able to see the folder structure and would like to be able to make the Site Page URL inaccessible by anyone who is not an admin. Even with Site Contents hidden, if they use the site pages url, they can still access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a feature to enable users without administrative rights to check SharePoint Online sites that they own

■Title(件名):
    管理者権限を持たないユーザーが、自分が所有者となっている SharePoint Online サイトを確認するための機能の追加について
    Add a feature to enable users without administrative rights to check SharePoint Online sites that they own

■Description(内容):
    管理者権限を持たないユーザーは Microsoft Teams のチームを作成するとそのチームに紐づくサイトの所有者となるが、現時点において一般ユーザーが自分の所有しているサイトを管理する機能が提供されておりません。
    使われていないサイトは削除して適切な容量管理をするために、一般ユーザーも自分の所有しているサイトを管理する機能の拡充を希望します。​
    When users without administrative rights create teams in Microsoft Teams those users will be linked to the teams and become the site owner, but currently no feature has been provided to let general users manage the sites that they own.
    We hope a feature will be implemented to enable general users to manage their own sites so as to delete unused sites and manage appropriate capacity.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable classic Sharepoint subsites to be directly promoted to new standalone modern team sites

There should be an option in "classic" sub-site settings to promote the sub-site, along with all its pages, members and libraries to a new modern group site. The new modern group site could then connect to a Teams channel and membership could then be managed directly in the modern SharePoint admin center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Discrepancy in Remove Vs Delete while deleting list/Library

In SharePoint Online site, on the Site Contents page, if we try to delete a list or library, we are first presented with the"Remove" option in the context menu for that list or library. Once we click on "Remove" a confirmation box appears with title "Delete?" and the button also says "Delete". It would make more sense if we say everywhere either "Delete" or "Remove", until i am missing something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. O365 Site Level File Permissions

In non-O365 Group Sites, you are able to remove/modify the default sharing permissions (ex. not allowing the "People in Contoso with the link can edit" and setting the default share action to "People with existing access"). This feature should be configurable within O365 Connected Groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow other identity stores for external sharing

Sharepoint and O365 should allow for other identities to be used with external sharing. For example social identities or Google or Okta identities

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding the target period for "Site Usage"

■Title(件名):
    "サイトの利用状況" の対象期間について
    Regarding the target period for "Site Usage"

■Description(内容):
    "サイトの利用状況" 機能の "最も表示されたアイテム" の対象期間は 7 日間であり、対象期間を指定することができません。

そのため、対象期間の拡張 、及び指定 (日別、月別など) する機能、また表示されたアイテムを CSV ファイルなどで出力する機能の実装を要望いたします。

The period for "Most viewed" in the "Site Usage" feature has a target period of 7 days, and that period cannot be specified.

Thus we hope that features will be implemented to expand and specify (by date or month etc) that period, and to output the displayed items into a CSV file etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit default group rights in SharePoint

I am not able to edit customised rights for the default SharePoint groups. If i want to provide group members with contributor rights instead of edit rights i have to give the default group Read rights , create the new groups and provide that with contributor rights.... doesn't make sense?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. edit user permissions

the default members, visitors and owners group cannot be provided with another set of rights anymore. other than the default ones, read, edit, full control. so if i want my members to have contributor rights instead of edit i have give them read rights on the default group. Create a new group and gives this contributor rights and add the office365 members group also there... i am still making use of the office365 group but i would be really nice if i can edit the default rights groups the same all my new created groups. Not sure why this has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. edit user permissions

the default members, visitors and owners group cannot be provided with another set of rights anymore. other than the default ones, read, edit, full control. so if i want my members to have contributor rights instead of edit i have give them read rights on the default group. Create a new group and gives this contributor rights and add the office365 members group also there... i am still making use of the office365 group but i would be really nice if i can edit the default rights groups the same all my new created groups. Not sure why this has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Redirect from a website to a SharePoint site

I would like to redirect visitors of my own website to one of my sharepoint site

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base