SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exclude permission on Sharepoint

For example we have gave permission to a group with (for example) 100 users on a Sharepoint Site and we wanted to break permission on some folders and just exclude (for example) 5 users from the group rather than creating another group without the 5 users or adding the 95 users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. アクセス数を一覧で表示する機能が欲しい

アクセス数を一覧で表示する機能が欲しい

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make sensitivity labels experience consistent on the web.

The data in the sensitivity column in SP libraries is not up to date when the label is applied in AIP client or c2r office. Please make the labeling experience on the web consistent with apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve "pin to top" in libraries

Improve "pin to top" by decreasing tile size and increasing pin limit. The current size of the tile for pinned files/folders is unnecessarily large, taking roughly half of the available page body height and 25% of the available page body width (excluding menu & navbar) on a typical laptop. I mean, these tiles are HUGE. Aesthetics and functionality would be improved by reducing the size of the tiles. In addition, the current limit of 3 pinned items is too small...we frequently need 4 or 5 to cover our most active items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Browse Site Pages library to create hyperlink

When adding a link to the Hero web part or the Quick links web part you cannot browse through the Site Pages library when selecting Sites. You might get lucky and find the page you want to link to in Recent but if not you are going to have to paste the link in the From a link area. I can browse other libraries to link to a document but I can't browse the Site Pages library to link to a page... WHY??

Microsoft why are you making it so difficult for users to add links to pages??

Please list…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve SharePoint document search to have File Type options like One Drive

Improve SharePoint document search filter to have File Type options like One Drive. There are many more options to filter on when searching documents in One Drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Moving files while matching content approval status

Hi

With reference to the following threat, I would love a fix for this issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10-mso_o365b/transferring-files-leads-to-content-approval/57726ddc-7f11-4d39-80b4-b2fc4bd38291?messageId=7f4a1d25-ccf2-4f18-a404-f3e017faa990&rtAction=1626849149027

In short: Moving a file from a library to another library on a different site leads to the transferred files having content approval status "approved" when it should not. This behavior undermines the content approval requirement on the target site.

Hope this will be fixed soon, thanks.

Best regards

Bino

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. onedrive client

1. Create a M365 group in O365 admin center.
    2. Users sync SharePoint files through OneDrive client.
    3. Admin remove one of the members from this group.
    4. The user who has been removed from M365 group cannot log in onedrive client, with signing in info shown.

Suggestion:
    Even if the user doesn't have permission to the sharepoint site where onedrive synced files stored, onedrive client should still log in successfully, with error shaowing that 'you cannot sync this sharepoint library becase you don't have permission in this site' etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SPO - Permission Groups / Security Groups - disable inheritance into new subfolders

It would be great, if I could disable inheritance also on the security group.

When I will add security group to root folder and then I will create sub folder, that security group is automatically inherited from root folder. But I need posibility to tell that security group "you cannot inherit into new subfolders".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sharing multiple files in a folder

Back in 2019, Microsoft confirmed that there was a limitation on sharing multiple files within a single folder on SharePoint Online. Here is the link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_winother-mso_o365b/sharepoint-sharing-multiple-files/8f1c51ed-e69d-4ee8-89c5-8deb96607713

Since then, that specific uservoice post was removed.
    I think it is fitting that this be razed again, as there is a need for this.

Kind Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for document set content types to be added to the allowed content types in the document set settings.

I would love to be able to add document set content types to the allowed content types within another document set's settings. This would allow for users to quickly create nested document sets for easier metadata management.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Document templates can't be used from the 'new' button if a person isn't a member or visitor of a site

Document templates can't be used from the 'new' button if a person isn't a member or visitor of a site even if a folder in the site is shared with edit rights to them.
    You also can't change the rights on the hidden 'forms' folder where the templates get saved after uploading them via the 'new' button so you cannot resolve this, the user can however still see the 'template' in the new button, but clicking on it just takes you to an about:blank page.

You should be able to share a folder and allow someone to use the templates…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Able to add instructions for novice users

I see that the Content Editor Web Part is not in the books for modern Libraries/Lists. However, we really need to be able to provide quick and simple instructions on the page for novice users on how to upload documents with required information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent Mass Deletion

Mass deletion of synced libraries should not be as straight forward as it is today. At the moment, if a user with contributor permissions deleted a large number of files, they will only get an email afterwards informing them that the files are available in the recycle bin to be restored.

Say the document library had 30K files which are now in the recycle bin, restoring those would take a lot of time.

An alerting and approval system should be in place. For example, if a user started deleting files from a synced document library, at the 100th file, an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open SharePoint Links in OneDrive

When I have synced a SharePoint library to OneDrive, I can browse it using Windows Explorer seamlessly. If I want to send a link to a folder, I can obtain the sharing link from Windows Explorer. This works excellently.

HOWEVER if I receive such a link, I can only open it in the browser. It would be a HUGE improvement if such a link could be opened directly by OneDrive to open the folder locally, and only have the browser open if the location is not yet sync'ed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy files between libraries on the same sharepoint site connection failed

Copy files between libraries on the same sharepoint site connection failed.
    When start a bulk copy job from one library to another in the same site the job fails with an error.

Choosing one file and start the copy job it works.

Error code: corrupted file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate version history for file types with co-authoring and efficient shredded storage

In each library, there should be two kinds of versioning settings, each with its own settings for major and minor versions.

One kind of versioning settings for DOCX, XLSX and PPTX (i.e. file types with co-authoring and efficient shredded storage). In those versioning settings, the number of major versions can be higher (since less storage is used for each version).

Another kind of versioning settings for other file types (i.e. file types with less efficient shredded storage and no co-authoring). In those versioning settings, the number of major versions can be lower (since fewer version are probably needed and more…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change Content Type using Grid View

When using Grid View within a document library, it would be very useful to have the ability to change the content type in bulk. Content Type could be added as a column in this view with a drop down to choose from the content types available for use in that document library. Once selected, the other metadata columns would automatically update to reflect those that are used in that content type. The user could then easily update the content type and metadata of documents in bulk.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 113 114
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base