SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Form column width

Please allow us to set the default width of columns (Ie the white boxes) when customising the BODY of Sharepoint List Forms with JSON.

For example our notes box, which is a vital part of each list item. In the standard view, the notes box is wide, and allows room for plenty of rest. But as soon as I split our Form into sections using JSON, the Notes box becomes very narrow, even through it is the only column in its section, and therefore now has a huuuuge expanse of wasted space available to its right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lists' NEW BUTTON: offer content types depending on the current PARENT content type

If one sets a list to allow managed content types, the New button always offer ALL those content types at ALL levels (folders) despite the folder content type the user navigated to.

For instance, one creates a list which allows custom content types A and B both derived from Folder content type, and X and Y both derived from Item. Folders "A" should allow adding ONLY items "X", and folders "B" should only items "Y".

Currently, SPO New button offers ALL content types the list was set to allow, despite the folder where the user is in. There's no way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. list validation - allow conditions according to content types

Please make SPO allow reference to content types in the formula for list validation. For instance a list with 2 or + content types each with different columns in them: currently, the list validation rule is applied to all and we cannot add conditions that are unique for a specific content type being added / edited (need to go with Flow, which is much harder, heavier & slower)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. list validation - allow multiple "and" INDIVIDUAL rules

If one has many conditions to validade a list new / edited entry, each with formulas on different sets of fields, it's VERY cumbersome to combine ALL of them with ANDs and ORs in a sole lenghty formula.
    For example, say users have to fill start and end dates and end date need to be after the start AND ALSO: a) IF a text field "x" is filled, then a number field "y" ALSO need to be fileld, AND b) IF a choice field is chosen, then another choice must have been chosen.
    Pretty clear there are 3 INDEPENDENT conditions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to attach a file to the comment section of a SharePoint list SharePoint リストのコメント欄にファイルを添付したい

It will be smooth for business if you can attach a file to the comment section of the SharePoint list, so I would like to add a new function.

SharePoint リストのコメント欄に、ファイルの添付ができるようになると業務上スムーズなため、新機能の追加を希望します。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Renamed column: make SPO automatically update formulas that refer to it

If I rename a column that is referred in formulas of calculated columns, I have to go to each one to "fix" them, edititng to refer to the new name. A real nightmare when a column is referred in dozens of calculated columns in several lists !!
    More on this in https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/renaming-a-column-breaks-formulas-that-refer-to-it/m-p/2523543.
    Please make SPO do it automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. created / modified lists' columns: please show the SECONDS

SPO doesn't display the SECONDS in neither Created nor Modified columns (set to use standard datetime format). We need the seconds be shown. More on this in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_win10-mso_o365b/spo-not-displaying-seconds-in-a-date-time-column/50792cd5-91e4-496c-b76c-64f2cb5cd615. Please make SPO show the seconds in these columns when we choose standard date time display / format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel data import in Lists recognizing DATE format

Lists has problems recognising DATE content when importing from an existing Excel spreadsheet. All imported fields should be editable, i.e. all formats should be offered, regardless of whether the system identifies text, title, date, etc.. This is not the case today.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need an image in a list form to be considerably bigger. Not display as a thumbnail.

I need a from that works with a sharepoint list that displays images well. Not as attachments. We used to do this with Infopath and now SP list w/JSON, Customized form with Power Apps, Microsoft forms, nothing can create a view of some data with a couple good sized images displayed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow list & library views to be displayed in batches

In older versions of Sharepoint, you could display your list items in batches of a specified size. This is no longer possible. Well, it looks like it is still possible, because the setting is still available when editing a list view. But, the pagination is not applied. Please make this item limit > batches of a specified size available in modern experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If the title column of the list is more than 49 double byte characters, it will overflow and overlap with other columns.

1. Create a new row to a list (for example custom list).
    2. Input 100 double byte characters into the title column and save.
    3. Edit the row you added. You can see characters of the title field overflow and overlap with other columns. It's difficult to edit other columns.

Please fix this bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. List settings, move create column to top of screen

In List settings, move create column option to top portion of the screen so you don't have to scroll down every time you want to create a new column. It is bothersome, especially when creating a large list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SharePoint List Comma Separators in Filter

We have a column for 'Creditor ID' which has been set to a Number field. This field has 'Use Thousands Separator' set to 'No'. However, when we filter the data by clicking on the 'Creditor ID' column > Filter By, what we see is all the numbers appear with a thousand separator. The IDs in the list are displayed correctly without the separator, just not in the filter. Applying the filter will return the correct result as intended.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SharePoint Online, Modern List, "See More" option for longer entries

I created a List with some multiline text fields. When someone clicks on the List entry, it brings up all the fields in the list, but for the multiline text fields the text is always condensed.

The user has to click "See more". I would like the default view to automatically show the entire entry and not require the user to click "See More".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blend functionalities of Sharepoint Lists and the "My List" app.

Blend functionalities of Sharepoint List formatting options and reminder setting with the timeline and other visual options from the "My List" app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)

I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)
    *English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint のイベントリスト (予定表)に Planner のタスクを表示させたい
    I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)

■Description(内容):

Currently, it is not possible to display tasks created in Planner in the SharePoint event list, so please add a function that allows you to link Planner tasks with SharePoint event lists and display tasks in SharePoint event lists.

現在、SharePoint のイベントリストにPlanner で作成したタスクを表示させることができないので、Planner のタスクと SharePoint のイベントリストを連携させ、タスクをSharePoint のイベントリストで表示できる機能を追加してほしい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow URLs longer than 255 characters in Lists

As we drive a more collaborative environment an encourage folks to link to Office documents, OneNote pages, Teams folders, etc, the limit of 255 characters in a URL field in SharePoint is c=increasingly frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. List Permission level for Public Views creation and editing

Allow option to edit site permission level to allow user with contribute access to Edit list Views. Currently to Edit list Views , the user should have Edit access level (which includes administrative access to Lists) - we are trying to apply least privilege principles and restrict user to only what they need : Contributing and creating views without having the ability to delete columns, add columns, change the type of the column or even change permissions on a list or change list advanced settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customize bulk edit form for list items

I'm using custom forms for some of the lists on a sharepoint site I manage, but I'd really like a way to customize the header for the form differently when it is being used in bulk edit mode.

Please can we have a property detectable in JSON (@editMode or something) that could be used to control form header or body formatting for bulk edit situations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Old SharePoint list you could create a easy Form within SharePoint without PowerApp

Old SharePoint list you could create a easy Form within SharePoint without PowerApp, it is possible to reinstate the function?

Thank you in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base