SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. breadcrum navigation

Breadcrum on the page is missing in the new experience. Simply jumping back to where you started on the company homepage is not possible anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't strip #headline-references from URL in navigation links

When a URL including a reference to a title on a page is added as a link to the navigation, the #headline-part is striped from the URL.
    It's kept if you add in ?web=1#headline but not otherwise.
    Please make it consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. onedrive site contents link

In OneDrive sites, add a link to Site Contents to the modern experience setting menu, quick launch, or somewhere else convenient. Currently, you have to switch to classic experience to get this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Name - Link to document

IN the classic view you can select in a library the name of a document and place it directly with the link to the document. In the new look and feel I have to click on the 3 dots, copy link, approve and Copy. And then I have to type in the name of the link and attach the link.
    The option Select name including the link in the classic is much userfriendly. PLease restore this possiblility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ways to display multiple lines for Sharepoint Structured Navigation links

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Sharepointの構造化ナビゲーションのリンク先を複数行表示させる方法
    Ways to display multiple lines for Sharepoint Structured Navigation links

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint 構造化ナビゲーションのリンク先が一列しか表示させることができなく、スクロールしないと全体を確認することができないので、複数行表示させる機能があれば、全体が確認できるので機能の実装を希望します。
    Sharepoint Structured Navigation links can only be displayed on a single line, and the whole link cannot be checked without scrolling. If there is a feature to display multiple lines it will be easier for users to check the whole link, so we hope such a feature can be implemented.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easy file navigation and drill-down: follow link in same file viewer

When a file contains a link to another sharepoint file, it should be possible to open the link in the same file viewer window as the original document.

This would make it easy to use sharepoint and its file viewer as a documentation and process database where end-users can navigate and drill-down easily.

In that way, one could create an easy click-through set of Visio-process charts or documents, where linked subprocesses or subdocuments (which are also saved in the same document library) directly open in the same window.
    The links are set once by the administrator while the user can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Opening an Office 365 document with SharePoint integration in Microsoft Teams

Hi !

We cannot open editable documents (Office365) during a SharePoint page increment in Web Teams and Teams Application Client.

In response to this, on the Teams web, you can "open in a new tab" the Office365 document. However on the Teams application, this solution is not possible. To bad !

Microsoft Teams could be a really efficient Dashboard if you could allowed people to open Excel, Word and Powerpoint (at least) from a Sharepoint page integration.

Can you please make this possibility a reality !

ME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Templated Quick Links

Quick Links Templates. Would be great to be able to have templated quick links, that can be updated centrally. Instead of updating each page's quick links individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't add bookmarks to site navigation

Although the text webpart now adds bookmarks automatically for H1, H2 and H3 headings. I can't create a navigation item to one of the bookmarks.

e.g. I have a section of text on a page called 'Scope', I format this as 'Heading 1' and the bookmark #scope is created. I can link to it using /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx#scope

But if i try to add...
    /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx#scope

...as a link in the site navigation, it strips out the #scope and just enters:
    /sites/sitename/SitePages/PageName.aspx

Please add support for bookmarks in navigational links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tenant Native Gloabl Navigation

We need a solution which can work on a tenant wide bandwidth. Currently we have HUB Menus, Team Site Menus and Top Bar Team Menu for parent site. but we should be looking forward towards a solution for a HUB of HUB Menu or Global Tenant Wide Native Navigation. Currently to implement that there could be a code solution or manually add links to a HUB Menu which is not dynamic to changes. Please looking forward to hear from you on this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Left Navigation List- Do not remove it!!!

My left navigation list disappeared. Took over a week to get confirmation that I was one of the first users receiving the new UI without the left navigation list. I am in too many sites to use the image tile navigation. Really cumbersome. My end user community will find it hard to navigate as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ways to display top link bar using Hierarchy View

■Title(件名):
    トップリンクバーを階層表示させる方法について
    Ways to display top link bar using Hierarchy View

■Description(内容):
    発行インフラストラクチャー機能を有効化することで、ナビゲーションの設定が可能だが、より簡易的にトップリンクバーを階層表示させる方法の実装を希望します。
    Navigation settings can be made by enabling the publishing infrastructure feature, but we hope that an easier way to display top link bar using Hierarchy View can be implemented.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sticky Footer

Please include a configurable option for the footer to make it sticky during scroll.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. integrate mega menu with Enterprise applications - Collections

we are moving more and more SaaS apps to integrate with Azure AD for SSO/access management.
    We are publishing these in the office apps list and soon grouping using enterprise application collections.

The next step for a great user experience is for those collections to be surfaced via our sharepoint online intranet mega menu. It would be great if there was a 'my apps' option, which was dynamic for users basd on their access and apps available via a specific collection. at present our app list on the intranet home page is static and not all apps are relevant to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SharePoint link to direct to registered home site

If HomeSite is enabled on the tenant, I would like when a user clicks on SharePoint (O365 suite bar link) to guide the user to the portal site. Or have a PowerShell that I can set the SharePoint link with a specific URL. Also, from a mobile phone, the user sees on the top bar SharePoint and not the logo I placed from the admin center. How is the user going to get back to our tenant portal site (https://tenant.sharepoint.com/). I have to work around this by placing a link on each of the hub sites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Request permission page when logged in with multiple identities

When opening a link in e.g. sharepoint online and you are logged in with multiple identities, sharepoint just chooses any identity. When that particular identity does not have access rights to the resource in question, a request permission page is shown. This request permission page is simply a textbox with a button. My other identity does have access to the resource.

I would like to be able to switch from identity from that request permission screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Navigation dropdown menus display unintentionally

The current hub site and local site navigation menus are very confusing as they will open when the user did not intent to interact with them. Any brief mouse over event will trigger the menu to open on a slight delay, even if the user was intending to interact with another component on the page. The menu then will not go away until the user clicks on the page again.

It would be better if the menus would only open on a click or when the pointer remains over the menu item to know the user is intending to interact…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TopNavigation REST API to update Mega Menu in Modern Hub Site

When using the REST API to update the top navigation of a modern hub site, the change is not reflected in the mega menu. The change is successfully made in SharePoint, but does not show in the mega menu until the menu settings are opened and closed on the hub site home page. Speaking with Microsoft support this has been identified as an issue without current resolution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar Reminder Pop Up hides Content Beneath

Change the layout so this does not happen, or allow the user to change its location. I cannot copy a file to a new library as the Reminder Window Pop-Up is covering the content I need and cannot access this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change Global navigation sort order for all items at once

■Title(件名):
    グローバルナビゲーションの並べ替えについて
    Change Global navigation sort order for all items at once

■Description(内容):
    現状、構造ナビゲーションを手動で並べ替える際、​個々に移動する操作方法のみとなっているが、まとめて並び替えができる機能の実装を要望します。
    ※ 並び替えたいアイテム数が多くなると、構造設定に時間がかかるため。
    Currently the only way to manually change the sort order for structural navigation is to move each and every single item, thus we hope that a feature to change the sort order for all items at once will be implemented.
    * If the number of items to be sorted gets increased, more time will be spent for the structural settings as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base