SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint Online - Remember other people's calendars

In SPO, allow for viewing and saving a members calendar in the group calendar function. No option to add person(s) permanently to a calendar view/scope. Defeats the purpose of group calendars on a collaboration website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include all text HTML formatting and screenshots when creating list items (on-premises SP did/does this using announcement app)

I have used SharePoint on premises for more than 10 year (2010, 2013 and 2016). In all cases, I could use the Announcement app (email enabled) to FWD emails in with Screenshots and all the text , pics and formatting was there in the item. This was a quick way to create tickets, create newsletters and add Knowledge base items. Handy and valuable. In SP online, this functionality is gone. I can create list items from email but when you view the item, all the screenshots are gone. If we want to create a knowledgebase, we have to create the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access to Check In/Out from OneDrive Sharepoint Shortcut on Desktop

When working from a desktop OneDrive folder coming from a Sharepoint shortcut on OnDrive, it will be really useful to be able to Check In and Check Out directly from the Desktop via a simple OS Right Click (like for Free space…).
    With a Check Out option and perhaps a Preference on OnDrive to auto Check Out any file opened from a Sharepoint shortcut folder and auto Check In when closing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow running Power Automate Flow while searching in list/library

We can run a Power Automate Flow by selecting item in list/library. This functionality works well while filtering or sorting the list.

But when I am searching within a list and selecting the list item from search results, all the "Automate" options are missing (both from command bar and item edit menu - ellipses).

Please allow running Power Automate Flow while searching in list/library

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pull attachments from Form submission

I would like the idea to pull the attachments submitted via forms, so that I can direct them to specific folders in a document library. The form answers would also allow for column data to be filled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification message to members of approval group is creating confusion when one of the members complete the common assigned task.

<One of your tasks was canceled and deleted. You do not need to take any further action on that task.>This notification message to a group of approvers of the workflow is confusing, causing anxiety to the requester and approvers in the work group when one of the approvers complete the approval task. An update is urgently needed to reduce confusion and discomfort. Please update the notification message to <The task has been completed. You do not need to take further action on the task.>

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to share a DRAFT of my text with the 'owner' of the text in the editorial process of editing it - i.e. before approval & publication

In the editorial process of developing and writing a news article or a page text on VELUX One, it would be more effective if I could share the text (ping-pong) with the 'owner' of the text directly in the VELUX One modern SharePoint template (possibly even with track changes) -
    instead of first creating it in a word document, trying to copy the template into the word document so that the 'owner' can see how the text is going to be displayed and send it by mail to the owner for comments.
    Usually, that process takes some editions to/from each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Due Date field to Create Approvals in Flow for SharePoint

In the create approval there is not a due date field, the SharePoint Approval workflows had due date and reminderes out of the box functionality which our business users relied on. Please add due date field to the approval steps in Flows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Power Automate Ability to Disable Actions

I would like to see an option to disable actions within a workflow. Currently in Power Automate the only option to stop an action from triggering is to delete it. When testing workflows in previous tools I found it very helpful to be able to disable actions as I am building/testing. This allowed me to turn off parts of the workflow without having to delete and rebuild them when they are needed again. It is very helpful for troubleshooting issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sort Power Automate Flow Alphabetically

Change the way Power Automate sorts your flows to be alphabetically instead of by most recently updated. Or give users to option to choose how to sort. I have a lot of flows created and it is difficult to locate a flow when updates are needed because it is not located in the same place in the list every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable editing multiple items on a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps

End users are able to edit and save multiple items in bulk, using the default form on the side pane, bypassing the business logic that is built within PowerApps.
    The request is to disable the Edit functionality or hide the Edit link when multiple items are selected in a SharePoint List customized with PowerApps.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lookup Limit 12 !!! Is this a joke? (Sharepoint Online + Power Automate)

I can't understand there is a lookup amount threshold of 12 columns/fields per list. Also, on-site SharePoint (server) allows you to change this limit to the content of your heart. We can't touch this setting on the Sharepoint Online site.

THIS IS A VERY LITTLE AMOUNT OF LOOKUPS !!

I think this threshold should be lifted to minumum 30 columns. Please, you need to take action until 1 November 2020.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [閲覧] 権限のユーザーに SharePoint 2013 ワークフロー が表示されない動作の改善について
    About improvements to behavior where SharePoint 2013 workflows are not displayed to users with the Read permission

■Description(内容):
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限を付与されたユーザーに、特定のリストに対してのみ投稿権限を与えて、Share Point のワークフローを実行しようとすると、「新しいワークフローの開始」画面に Sharepoint 2010 ワークフローは表示されるが、 Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが表示されない。サイトに対する "アイテムの承認" の権限」を付与することで、2013 ワークフローが表示されるようになることを確認しているが、その他のリストやアイテムを更新させたくない場合には使用できない。
    サイトに対して[閲覧] 権限のユーザーが、Sharepoint 2013 ワークフローが開始できるように改善してほしい。

When I try to run a Share Point workflow by granting post permissions only to a specific list to a user who has been granted the Read permission for a site, the Sharepoint 2010 workflow appears on the Start New Workflow screen, but the Sharepoint 2013 workflow does not appear.
    Verify that the 2013 workflow…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Postpone Retirement of 2010 workflows

Our organisation hasn't got the bandwidth to rebuild so many workflows in the time left.

Is not just 2010 workflows that need replacing, but all 2013 workflows that call simple workflows that create docsets or copy data between lists - those can be very complex.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Postpone Retirement of 2010 workflows

Our organisation hasn't got the bandwidth to rebuild so many workflows in the time left.

Is not just 2010 workflows that need replacing, but all 2013 workflows that call simple workflows that create docsets or copy data between lists - those can be very complex.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Extend time for Retirement of SharePoint 2010 Workflows

Our Organization has loads of Workflows across 2262 sites, it will take time to migrate to Power-Automate

Given the stability and reliability of an evolving product like Power-Automate, please postpone the retirement

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. automated way for creating teams groups, channels and subfolders in sharepoint site

Is there any possibility to create a team group and SharePoint site into the below scenario and it has to be done single click or the automated way

I have to create one team's group under that 10 channels and each channel having 100 folders in SharePoint site Example. I have teams group with the name 1000 and channels is 1000-1099, 1100-1199, 1200-1299, ... 1900-1999. when we look into the SharePoint site we should able to see this SharePoint site and channels their subfolders like 1001,1002,1003.... 1099.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tool for migrating 2010 Workflow to PowerAutomate

As MS has declared 2010 Workflow will retire soon - Its a huge impact I guess. Unfortunately, we got hit with almost 600 2010WF from which 50 to 60 deals huge logic. Numerous WF has been written for impersonation permission. I am requesting - if it is possible if we can have a tool that helps to leverage migrating WF - 2010 and 2013 (because 25013 will also retire in 2026) to PowerAuotmate.

I understand its critical to have the same logic to move to PowerAutomate - but at least if we can move generic custom logic and give reports…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base