SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. link creation using [[]] in Modern pages is broken

1) Using “[[ ]]” to create a new page, the page content doesn’t load.
    2. Accessing the existing [[pagename]] won’t load the content.
    3. Creating a new page([[ ]]) from a template, the template content won’t load

See discussion in microsoft community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficesharepoint-msowin10-mso_o365b/modern-sharepoint-site-link-creation/2dcc56bc-72b4-4234-8baf-d4afd82d84be?messageId=171e7914-f3bb-4513-9b6c-58301d1ace52

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Modern site pages should be opened in a new tab

When clicking title of site pages (aspx file) in a SitePages library, the pages were opened in a new tab before.
    As of now, the pages are opened in the same tab.
    Please return to the original behavior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Site Pages Templates to be Read Only to Members

The Site Pages Templates feature is useful. However, if you set any of the templates in the Site Pages\Templates folder to be read-only for a user they no longer see that template available on the +New menu when trying to create a new page such as a News Post.

Many of our users are modifying these templates when we don't want them to be able to.

We raised a premier support ticket with Microsoft and they reproduced this behaviour and advised that users must have contribute access to a template to be able to create page based on that template.…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customize bulk edit form for list items

I'm using custom forms for some of the lists on a sharepoint site I manage, but I'd really like a way to customize the header for the form differently when it is being used in bulk edit mode.

Please can we have a property detectable in JSON (@editMode or something) that could be used to control form header or body formatting for bulk edit situations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable relative Anchor link in News templates

Currently, we can manually create anchor links and create a summary.

However, the anchor links are full hyperlinks, and includes the full page URL.
    When using the feature in a News/Page template, the anchor link remains associated to the template, not associated to the new page created from the template, so no summary can't be done in the template to simplify content creation and saving time.

Anchor link should work as a relative link, applying to the current page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Web part page- version history highlight

It would be good to have a page highlight feature for a web part page created in SharePoint Online where it highlights changes made as compared to the previous version of the page.

I can see the highlight feature in the version history of a site page. Can we have the same feature for a web part page?

I appreciate your support.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color Theme: Allow the Accent Theme Color to be used

When selecting a theme color - you can 'customize' to have a Main color and Accent color...however I am not sure where the Accent is even being used. Can the accent color perhaps be used as an alternate for the Main color? Here are some various scenarios that would be helpful:
    - As the text hyperlink color (if gray is my Main theme color, gray hyperlinks are hard to recognize).
    - As a 'Quick Links' Web part button color option and outline option.
    - For Quick Links filmstrip & grid layouts...can the background color (either one) be an option here…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choice for opening tabs in new tab, current or new window

We need to have the option to choose whether links are to be opened in same window, new window or in a new tab no matter what web part the link is generated in (quick links, call to action, in a text, +++). Having external links opening in new pages and internal links opening in same window is not a good set-up and does not make it possible to create a good user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Approve Template pages using SharePoint feature

Today, we can submit for approval our simple pages and approval them. But when we are using Template pages, we need to run PowerShell scripts or Power Automate workflow.
    We have a client that want to use approval workflow inside SharePoint pages similar that we have today.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SORT NEWS!!

Please add this capability to SharePoint! I see people have suggested it and voted for it back in 2019, but nothing current and I don't see any response from an admin.

We need to be able to sort our news web parts based on the page's properties!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use (end)user field 'Tags' or 'Preferences' to filter dynamically pages and documents

If a user could fill in tags as interests (like: video, sports, cleaning, etc...) and you could use the TAGS to filter dynamically (quick)links - pages - docs - etc when a enduser visits a site ... the visitor would be more interested to visit your dynamic-site !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to manage access of multiple pages at once from Site Pages

As of now, we are required to select pages one by one, and manage access to that page. This is really time-consuming, especially when you need to find about 50 pages from a total of 300 pages, and share access one by one.

Please include an option to select multiple pages on the Modern SharePoint "Site pages" and manage their access at once.

Also, would be great if you can manage a page's access when the page is opened (maybe in the edit mode), instead of having to go back to Site Pages and hunt for that page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Function to Manage Site Page Consistency

Assuming this is not currently possible, I would love the ability to have one page template that stays the same for 70+ (and growing) site pages and updates on all 70+ pages whenever we change add a feature to our site page template. Our site currently contains 70+ site pages that are all set up in the same format, same web parts, etc that we use to describe work processes. Right now if we were to overhaul the site page template by adding a couple new web parts, we would have to go into each of the 70+ site pages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Read time on news posts

It would be great if we could add read times on news posts (for example 1 minute read). This will help keep articles short and to the point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Placeholder link in GCC high does not work

Placeholder link in GCC high does not work, instead of getting prompted to create a new page, you get page not found... This hurts the wiki lovers who are used to this function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a checkbox to the People web part

In the Descriptive setting for the People web part of Sharepoint Online, could you add a checkbox to open the link field in a new tab/window?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove See All from Modern Page View

Please provide a webpart or option to remove "See all" from a list / library webpart on a SharePoint Modern Page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Favorite"/save stock images/photos for later use

I would love the ability to "favorite" or save certain stock images/photos so that I can re-use them across pages/web parts on my site. It would also come in handy if I find a photo that I like but I'm not ready to use yet, because I could "favorite" it and then easily get back to it when I've created the page/web part/etc. that I need it for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unique views for sites past 7 days

Could you please add feature that allows us to look at unique views of the SPO sites past 7 days? Currently there is a limitation with only being able to see\download unique view reports past 7 days. Ideally, we like to be able to see unique views for a site up to 90 days.

Thanks,
    Farhad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. News Post Like to "Liked" end user confusion

When a main news post is liked it switches from "Like to "Liked" would it be possible to retain both like and liked just like the comment section to provide end users with a clear view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base