SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a checkbox to the People web part

In the Descriptive setting for the People web part of Sharepoint Online, could you add a checkbox to open the link field in a new tab/window?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove See All from Modern Page View

Please provide a webpart or option to remove "See all" from a list / library webpart on a SharePoint Modern Page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Favorite"/save stock images/photos for later use

I would love the ability to "favorite" or save certain stock images/photos so that I can re-use them across pages/web parts on my site. It would also come in handy if I find a photo that I like but I'm not ready to use yet, because I could "favorite" it and then easily get back to it when I've created the page/web part/etc. that I need it for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unique views for sites past 7 days

Could you please add feature that allows us to look at unique views of the SPO sites past 7 days? Currently there is a limitation with only being able to see\download unique view reports past 7 days. Ideally, we like to be able to see unique views for a site up to 90 days.

Thanks,
    Farhad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. News Post Like to "Liked" end user confusion

When a main news post is liked it switches from "Like to "Liked" would it be possible to retain both like and liked just like the comment section to provide end users with a clear view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stream Embed in a page

We can embed a single video in a modern page. It would be nice to be able to embed 3 or 4 videos in a row and allow the play/pause function. I know a channel can be added but this allows for videos across multiple channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it possible to search for images when selecting files from an Asset Library in the Image web part.

There is currently no search function that allows you to find files in the Asset Library dialog for selecting files for the Image web part.

This makes it hard to find the files even though they may have relevant metadata that describes them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Non-breaking hyphen on Modern Pages

Non-breaking spaces are possible with SHIFT + SPACEBAR + SPACEBAR + DELETE. Non-breaking hyphens need a similar shortcut. I have not discovered it yet.

SharePoint Designer 2013 edits are return "server access denied".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SharePoint Page permission improvement

Regarding SharePoint unrealsed page, I suggest improve the sharing link with read permission due to status of access error currently to have better user experience.

You will find the below link for more detials which I have asked in the community with this regards.↓

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficesharepoint-msowin10-mso_o365b/regarding-access-permission-of-unreleased/3be33366-41e7-4d2b-91d3-54eb12171c4c?messageId=8cf41a26-4923-4856-bec3-f2cf7715bf0b

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Office UI Fabric Icons to Modern Text Editor

Please add a menu item to the WYSIWYG editor so that Office UI Fabric Icons can be pasted into the text body. Please also provide a general way to copy and paste these into web part headers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show news and docs about user interest

Give every user a metadatafield of interests and use it to filter webparts with docs-pages-news- etc.
    Automatic and Dynamicly filtering by User preferences ;-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Anchor links to remain fixed if Header changed or Update all connected links

For those of us that maintain official documentation within our intranet for company polices etc. It can be frustrating to have to update various links to Anchors when you have to make a small change to header.

If it were possible give us the option to keep the Anchor ID/Name as, even if we change the text of the header that would be great.

if the anchor must change it would be even better, if SharePoint could update any Quick links or text links within our own tenant that link to the anchored link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SharePoint "News you might have missed"

Our company loved the idea of "News you might have missed" functionality but encounter a problem. Our communications teams post the majority of our leaders communications and use the bi-line signature to add the leader name. When the digest email is triggered, the name shared on the digest email is the actual post creator (comms person) versus using the name on the bi-line signature. We had to shut down this option right away so it not misleading to the viewers. I would recommend the option to select what user should display on the digest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. modern filter connected web parts

It's great to be able to add connected web parts, so I can select an item in one list and send that value to filter a second list web part. But if I use column header filters, then select the item, it no longer sends the value to the connected web part. Would be great to have both, especially when the list is more than a few items.

For example, filter by status, then select a specific item and display it on the second list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide the Top Banner on Modern Pages

Create a way to remove/hide "Send by email" and ""Promote" in top menu bar of a modern page?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. lightbox on images - make it optional

The 'lighbox' functionality appears to have landed for ALL images that have been added to a page.

The option to open it in a lightbox manner should be optional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Overlay of calendar from one site to different site

Please have the ability asap to Overlay of calendars from one site to different site

I have many calendars from different SP sites that I need to overlay into a main site.

At the moment, there is no way to overlay of different site calendars.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Site Pages "Send by email" remove all formatting from text web part in email body

When we create new page and click on "Send by Email" Text webpart formatting should also be kept in the email body. For example if i have a table of content or some formatted text (bold, bullets) in text webpart and click on "Send by Email", all formatting are removed and text converted to simple text. when user receive email, it does not look great as table of contents shows in single paragraph (all bullets are removed. All formatting is removed from the email body. Text web part automatically added to the email body when we click on "send by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Custom Modern Page Template to be Added as Default Template to Content Type

Please allow the ability to be able to add a Modern Page Template (like created in Site Pages) as the default document template attached to a Custom Content Type on a Page Library.

The requirement is that the page must use this template and this page must have mandatory columns completed. This is not possible at this stage as advised by your support team.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. De-emphasize the the number of items when libraries or lists are grouped

When libraries or lists are grouped, the (number of items) displays in the same font size and intensity as the property name being grouped by. This can be confusing when properties themselves end in digits. In SP 2013, property was bold and the (number of items) was not bold, and it was immediately obvious to the user what the (##) at the end of each grouping meant. Show the file count in a smaller font if you've moved away from bold face.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base