SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Sites and Collaboration

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for ideas for improving the SharePoint Sites and Collaboration experience.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

How to submit a new idea

1. Check if it's already been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it in 50 words or less.
  3. Gather support!
  4. If your idea receives over 100 votes in 90 days, we will respond.
    If not, we will close it.

Want to engage further? Please visit the SharePoint Community

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Best EDB to PST Recovery

Use eSoftTools Best EDB to PST Recovery application, which allows users to export EDB mailbox into PST and other file formats. this EDB Recovery tool is the best tool to recover damaged EDB files with emails, attachments, tasks, contacts, and meta properties also, like to, cc, bcc, date, subject, and time. It can export EDB file into one of five other file formats, including: (PST, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, and HTML). The splitting feature of the tool can split large size PST files into small parts.

Get More Here:- https://www.esofttools.com/exchange-edb-to-pst-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Best Free OST to PST Converter Tool

The eSoftTools Best Free OST to PST Converter Tool is an excellent tool for convert OST mailboxes, and all recover corrupted OST including attachments, tasks, contacts, journals, notes, chats, schedule, etc. It is designed with a simple interface so that everyone may use it without difficulty. With this final version, you will be a competent solution for offline OST file migration items and will be able to transfer unlimited OST files to Outlook PST format.

Get Know More:- https://www.esofttools.com/blog/best-free-ost-to-pst-converter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Office 365 SharePoint - File Statics

Hi Team,

By enabling the "SharePoint viewers", we are able to see "XX Viewers YY Views".
    However, we are not able to export this data.

It would be really good to have a feature/functionality to 'Export the data of Viewers, Views' .

Regards,
    Chandra

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sacramento Muralist

I work as a muralist in the San Francisco Bay Area. I work on a wide range of commissioned projects for public bodies, business, and private houses. I also do live painting of murals. Each work is hand-painted on canvas or other medium before being hung. During the event, I can even paint on your walls!!

Visit here: https://www.thebayareamuralist.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Africa Best news that matter

Afromambo News provides breaking news in Africa, including the latest viral videos in Africa, political news in Africa, sports news, health and technology news, and analysis from across the African continent.

1. Latest Viral news in Africa

2. south Africa archives

3. Breaking News in Africa

4. News reporter in Africa

5. National Archives of South Africa

Read More: https://afromambo.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blend functionalities of Sharepoint Lists and the "My List" app.

Blend functionalities of Sharepoint List formatting options and reminder setting with the timeline and other visual options from the "My List" app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent Mass Deletion

Mass deletion of synced libraries should not be as straight forward as it is today. At the moment, if a user with contributor permissions deleted a large number of files, they will only get an email afterwards informing them that the files are available in the recycle bin to be restored.

Say the document library had 30K files which are now in the recycle bin, restoring those would take a lot of time.

An alerting and approval system should be in place. For example, if a user started deleting files from a synced document library, at the 100th file, an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow me to view the site as another role

As a site owner I manage the permissions but how can I test or see what my readers/guests and members will see after I change the permissions. Allowing a site or page preview in a guest or member role will be great before I publish it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communication Sites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)

I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)
    *English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint のイベントリスト (予定表)に Planner のタスクを表示させたい
    I want to display Planner tasks in the SharePoint event list (calendar)

■Description(内容):

Currently, it is not possible to display tasks created in Planner in the SharePoint event list, so please add a function that allows you to link Planner tasks with SharePoint event lists and display tasks in SharePoint event lists.

現在、SharePoint のイベントリストにPlanner で作成したタスクを表示させることができないので、Planner のタスクと SharePoint のイベントリストを連携させ、タスクをSharePoint のイベントリストで表示できる機能を追加してほしい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. link creation using [[]] in Modern pages is broken

1) Using “[[ ]]” to create a new page, the page content doesn’t load.
    2. Accessing the existing [[pagename]] won’t load the content.
    3. Creating a new page([[ ]]) from a template, the template content won’t load

See discussion in microsoft community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficesharepoint-msowin10-mso_o365b/modern-sharepoint-site-link-creation/2dcc56bc-72b4-4234-8baf-d4afd82d84be?messageId=171e7914-f3bb-4513-9b6c-58301d1ace52

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modern Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. EML to PST converter

You can simply export multiple EML/EMLX in Outlook PST. If you require to export EML files to PST or EMLX to Outlook PST then you can download and install eSoftTools EML to PST converter software. This is a very dependable solution given for converting and export multiple EML and EMLX files in Windows Outlook PST file format. I had to work with this software personally and get a genuine result this software is very straightforward to utilize and secure to transfer your eml data.

Get more info-https://www.esofttools.com/eml-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Preventing the Deletion of Workflow Tasks on Manually Terminating a Workflow

Hello,

Could you please consider to provide some setting so as to prevent the deletion of WF tasks when we manually terminate WFs in order to keep history of old runs.

For some reasons, users request to force the termination of WF or there are errors in the WF that lead to restarting the WF so we terminate the current instance which leads to deleting all existing tasks but just keep the workflow history but it would be nice to keep the tasks as well and just set the "Not Started" or "In Progress" to be "Cancelled" but keep the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow, Flow, and PowerApps integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Thunderbird to PST Converter

I will suggest you go for software named the Thunderbird to PST Converter Tool. This software helps you to export Thunderbird MBOX files into Outlook PST format without failure of any data. This is an easy and reliable tool for the user to use, because of its user-friendly interface. A free trial version available for all users, so you can download the free editions to understand its functions and checks how to work. Effortlessly convert the first 25 items from each Thunderbird any size of the file into Outlook PST format.

Get more info- https://www.esofttools.com/mozilla-thunderbird-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alternate Contact available in hover-over for People web part

My company is a hospital, and well, you can't just contact a doctor and get a quick response. We are using the alternate contact field via Delve, but it doesn't show in the general contact information spot, nor does it appear in the hover-over state on the People web part. This makes it difficult for people to find the doctor's admins. I'm sure other businesses also have some people who you can't just call, you have to call someone else to get to them. Having this information in the hover-over state, or at least with the user's other contact information,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Button Web Part Should allow us to Add multiple Buttons in one Web Part

The button web part has a lot of great potential for pages, except for the fact that when you put it on the page, you can only have one button. If i want to create a page with multiple buttons i need to add a web part for each button, and then you cannot really group them close together and have an aesthetically pleasing page. The button web part should have the ability to select how many buttons you want to have in that one web part, then identify the spacing between the buttons and even have the ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Parts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. connect a sharepoint root site to an office 365 group

To be able to join a root site to an o365 group would allow to have MS Teams use that pre-existing sharepoint site, and have a top level company wide team

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open SharePoint Links in OneDrive

When I have synced a SharePoint library to OneDrive, I can browse it using Windows Explorer seamlessly. If I want to send a link to a folder, I can obtain the sharing link from Windows Explorer. This works excellently.

HOWEVER if I receive such a link, I can only open it in the browser. It would be a HUGE improvement if such a link could be opened directly by OneDrive to open the folder locally, and only have the browser open if the location is not yet sync'ed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Consistent Home site navigation

When the homesite is also a hub site, the extended header is used and the hub site navigation is set as global navigation, the site navigation will disappear at the expense of the hub site navigation.
    But when scrolling down, the site navigation re-appears and hub site navigation is no longer visible.
    Please make it consistent and always use site navigation when hub site navigation is set as global navigation!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App bar & navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow URLs longer than 255 characters in Lists

As we drive a more collaborative environment an encourage folks to link to Office documents, OneNote pages, Teams folders, etc, the limit of 255 characters in a URL field in SharePoint is c=increasingly frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy files between libraries on the same sharepoint site connection failed

Copy files between libraries on the same sharepoint site connection failed.
    When start a bulk copy job from one library to another in the same site the job fails with an error.

Choosing one file and start the copy job it works.

Error code: corrupted file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base